Picked up a new toy today...

2 Sweet

HMS 4-life
For the past year or so I've been daily driving a Buick Park Avenue Ultra that I found on craigslist for dirt cheap, and it's been nothing short of awesome. I constantly brag about how it's a perfect daily driver and how it's such a great car in so many ways. So, naturally, I ended up getting rid of it today. Here's what I got in exchange.....

Q2fNHKXl.jpg

G5Dhqr5l.jpg

mRnUcoGl.jpg

It's an '89 Camaro IROC-Z. It has the base 305 TBI motor (the majority of IROC's were tuned port 305 or 350) with an automatic, 15" wheels (most IROC were 16's) and crank windows. T-tops. Red/red. All stock and original, and only 66k miles. Runs and drives great. It needs a little TLC and there's a bit of rust and peeling clearcoat, but overall it seems solid.

Drove it home topless......

3ghqECXl.jpg

I gave it a quick bath, and it cleans up pretty well.....

f6lLNYkl.jpg

jGBzqOol.jpg

sWGRfIPl.jpg

UaQEbWOl.jpg

I'll miss the Buick, but I'm very happy with the trade. :D

I can't wait to see what you do to it.

Its not going to be stock for too long.lol

Congrats on the purchase! You could not find a fourth generation that you wanted?

For the past year or so I've been daily driving a Buick Park Avenue Ultra that I found on craigslist for dirt cheap, and it's been nothing short of awesome. I constantly brag about how it's a perfect daily driver and how it's such a great car in so many ways. So, naturally, I ended up getting rid of it today. Here's what I got in exchange.....

Q2fNHKXl.jpg

G5Dhqr5l.jpg

mRnUcoGl.jpg

It's an '89 Camaro IROC-Z. It has the base 305 TBI motor (the majority of IROC's were tuned port 305 or 350) with an automatic, 15" wheels (most IROC were 16's) and crank windows. T-tops. Red/red. All stock and original, and only 66k miles. Runs and drives great. It needs a little TLC and there's a bit of rust and peeling clearcoat, but overall it seems solid.

3ghqECXl.jpg

f6lLNYkl.jpg

jGBzqOol.jpg

sWGRfIPl.jpg

UaQEbWOl.jpg

That thing does clean up. Not my cup of tea but pretty damn well-kept.

I love your steering wheel cover btw. :p

I can't wait to see what you do to it.

Its not going to be stock for too long.lol

Congrats on the purchase! You could not find a fourth generation that you wanted?

Thanks, it'll probably stay stock for quite a while. I want to get a little money saved up and get myself a 5th gen 1LE or maybe even a 6th gen.

As far as 4th gens are concerned, been there, done that :D

o3CGYNjl.jpg

It was a '98 Z28 6-speed with a lot of money into it. Damn I miss that car.

Hows the mullet coming in?

Back when I had my '92 Camaro, "mullet" was my nickname. Didn't matter that I had a buzzcut at the time lol

Thanks, it'll probably stay stock for quite a while. I want to get a little money saved up and get myself a 5th gen 1LE or maybe even a 6th gen.

As far as 4th gens are concerned, been there, done that :D

o3CGYNjl.jpg

It was a '98 Z28 6-speed with a lot of money into it. Damn I miss that car.

Back when I had my '92 Camaro, "mullet" was my nickname. Didn't matter that I had a buzzcut at the time lol

LS swap someday?

Q2fNHKXl.jpg

G5Dhqr5l.jpg

mRnUcoGl.jpg

3ghqECXl.jpg

f6lLNYkl.jpg

jGBzqOol.jpg

sWGRfIPl.jpg

UaQEbWOl.jpg

Nice! Happy for you and enjoy it.

Do yourself a favour and get under the dash and look for water signs on the firewall. All those leaves cause water retention in the vent cavity and then you get water down the firewall, under the carpet and it chews through the floor from the inside. From underneath all looks fine .. until you put a foot through the floor.

Do yourself a favour and get under the dash and look for water signs on the firewall. All those leaves cause water retention in the vent cavity and then you get water down the firewall, under the carpet and it chews through the floor from the inside. From underneath all looks fine .. until you put a foot through the floor.

Yeah I'll check it out, I'll probably replace the carpet this winter and I'll definitely take a wire brush under the floors (just surface rust as of now) and spray it with rust converter.

I say throw a roll bar in find your nearest dirt track hobby stock race !

Kidding of course , looks nice :)!

Back
Top Bottom