Pikes Peak Anyone?

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway Getting Ready To Pitch For Cup Race: Rob Johnson, president of Pikes Peak International Raceway in Fountain, Colo., is warming up and about ready to make a pitch. "We've got market research done on a consumer report on (fans') desire to purchase tickets to a Nextel Cup event at PPIR," Johnson said of some of the data, prepared by a track task force, he plans to present to NASCAR officials. "We have just finished our economic impact statement for 2004 and what it would look like with a Nextel Cup race. "We'll have all this done in the next two or three weeks, and then, at that point, we can start to schedule whether we go down there (to Daytona Beach, Fla.) or ask them to come here or (whether track officials) send NASCAR a packet." ..."The research indicates there would be overwhelming support for a race from a fan standpoint," said Johnson, whose track currently features Indy Racing League and NASCAR Busch series races. "All the information is coming together as far as, would people want to buy a ticket, would they buy a season ticket, would they support the race and can we handle the traffic if we grow to 65,000 people? Everything is coming out very well. "We've got good political support, we've got good local support, so everything is moving forward. The big deal that came out of the economic impact is that, with a Nextel Cup event, it would be the single-largest event in Colorado annually. "Now we need to go present the information in a professional manner. That's what our next step will be." - TCPalm.com

I'd like to see Laguna Seca host a Cup event :lol: It'd be fun watching stockcars negotiate that corkscrew :D

PPIR is a beatiful track and facilities, I'd love to see a race there. :D

ISC track, it will have a cup date within 3 years....YES! I would love to see cup cars at laguna!!!

Oh please! OH please.!

Let it happen!

Cut a 9 hour drive to 30 minutes! :D

:bounce:

Leguna Seca would be nice.

I don't know anything about pikes peak

Isn't nascar going to expand their race season

It'd be a great place to race, but I think Nascar is having enough problems with their schedule as it is. Going to be a hard pitch to make.

If they are thinking about taking a date away from Rockingham/Darlington,by all means give the other date to this outstanding track!

Back
Top Bottom