Plate Racing es mas grandé !

H

Happy29

Yes, amigos, in two weeks, the 2nd greatest race of the season approaches! After we're done with the Snoozeville-Monotony 500 at Martinsville, they'll be off to Talladega, where last year we saw lead change after lead change after horrible lead change! My Word!

Better hold on to your hats fellas, cause the 2nd greatest race of the season is fast approaching... at Talladega Superspeedway. No one guy dominating for 200 laps straight and goes on and on and on and on......

... I'm going to be exiled back to the Thread Games forum arent I?

Originally posted by Happy29@Apr 12 2004, 08:47 PM
... I'm going to be exiled back to the Thread Games forum arent I?
Well of course!! :) Everyone knows anyone who likes Daytona or Talladega knows nothing about NASCAR racing!! :D Kind of strange though, most don't even remember racing at those two track without plates. :D You're right about endless lead changes.........unless, of course, Jr gets back on Mike Helton's good side and gets "that" plate. ;) But you did forget the inevitable "big one"!! 17 to 25 cars culled from the pack in a cloud of tire smoke, dust, steam and sheet metal........most likely caused by one of our favorite boneheads or field fillers!! But, hey, we could get unlucky and see a whole race with only minor incidents.........or, worse yet, no incidents!! :( Ya know, that's happened about 2/3 of the races!! :blink: We'll see............but I'll watch the Snoozville Monopoly 500 anyway!! :D :cheers:

PS..........see ya in the Thread Games in a couple weeks!! :D

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 13 2004, 12:12 AM
Kind of strange though, most don't even remember racing at those two track without plates.
But you see, some of us do.

Enjoy yourself. That's one of the races I skip and do other, more exciting things. Like watching cans rust.

just because.....

good enough, oh i know he was nascars boy let me get you some cheeze to go with that whine

hell we havent hit martinsville yet and already the DEI haters are at full steam

Well, it my not by my favorite race, but hey its a race.. and since when is Martinsville boring? i think its one of the best races of the year.. and once JR is in front at Dega, why watch the rest of the race? no one except Waltrip could pass him

Originally posted by LeDoux22@Apr 13 2004, 07:08 PM
Well, it my not by my favorite race, but hey its a race.. and since when is Martinsville boring? i think its one of the best races of the year.. and once JR is in front at Dega, why watch the rest of the race? no one except Waltrip could pass him
i think that 22 and 31 car lead last year! :lol:

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Apr 13 2004, 07:46 PM
i think that 22 and 31 car lead last year! :lol:
But wasn't that only for like 1 lap and during pit stops where they stayed out? I mean you get lead changes when the cars havn't gotten single file in the front simply b/c of all the lines being run.. but that IMO doesn't make it an overly exicting race

Originally posted by LeDoux22+Apr 13 2004, 08:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LeDoux22 @ Apr 13 2004, 08:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lap3Forever@Apr 13 2004, 07:46 PM
i think that 22 and 31 car lead last year!&nbsp; :lol:
But wasn't that only for like 1 lap and during pit stops where they stayed out? I mean you get lead changes when the cars havn't gotten single file in the front simply b/c of all the lines being run.. but that IMO doesn't make it an overly exicting race [/b][/quote]
i dont rember, haha been over a year ago. ^_^

I don't know why it's always a given that Jr or Mikey are going to win at the plate tracks. :blink: Sure DEI cars usually do pretty good.......but that's a recent occurrence. It used to be RCR..........or have we forgotten that? I wonder if maybe the years of R&D on developing a plate engine are paying off.......but don't worry, the others will catch up. Or another thought........Dale Earnhardt was said to be able to see air in the draft. Most would acknowledge that he was the master of drafting. Maybe, just maybe, he taught that skill to his son and Mikey.......remember he was interested in DEI excelling in the sport.

Naww...........that can't be. :D I've heard it takes no skill to drive a racecar at Daytona or Talladega.........my grandmother could win there in one of DEI's cars with a super-sized restrictor plate. :)

My bad........forget what I said. :(

Able to see air in a draft, huh? Was that before or after he walked across the lake in Daytona's infield? :rolleyes:

He was a man. He was a very gifted driver. He nor anyone else could see air in a race car at 190 mph. Gimme a break already.

Plate racin aint real racin in my book, but for now Ill forget about that. As to folks hootin and hollering about pure excitement, I dont see it.

Sure theres lots of lead changes, during pit stops, and right after cautions. But at the end of the race (the last 20 laps or so) there will be around 5-10 cars in a single file line. Im not even going to mention the daytona gas race last year.
Say what you want about 3 or 4 wide but how many times has it even been 2 wide when it concerns the leaders on the last lap??? And I definately dont find 10+ cars getting involved in a wreck excitement.

What would you rather see 2 cars beating and banging for the lead on the last lap (darlington) or 3,4 wide in 13-18 positions in the middle of the race (plate tracks).

Originally posted by LeDoux22@Apr 13 2004, 08:08 PM
dang straight,Martinsville is far from boring,neither is any short track or road course event for that matter IMHO.If Somebody doesn't get excited about the beating and banging and outbraking the other driver so as to gain a spot,then I just don't understand those fan types ;)
They don't call Daytona"Slotona" and Talladega"Yawnadega" for nothing :D :lol:
I'd take a road course or short track or 1.-1.366 mile event anyday,or night,over a plate race :eek:

4xchampncountin,really like Ur flag :lol: :lol: So true btw :D

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Apr 14 2004, 10:23 AM
You know we are in agreement about that 24thunder. :cheers:
Cheers RobbyG Fan,glad that We agree on something ;)
Wish that We could make up the NASCAR schedule,it'd freaking rock bud :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by smack500@Apr 14 2004, 03:47 AM
Sure theres lots of lead changes, during pit stops, and right after cautions. But at the end of the race (the last 20 laps or so) there will be around 5-10 cars in a single file line.
Don't guess you saw that Dega race in '99 (or was it 2000?). The year they first tried that dirtying up the cars trick....whatever year that was. If memory serves me correctly 1st to about 25th or so crossed the start/finish line in a little over 2 seconds........they all were on the lead lap too!! And, I'm pretty sure that whole race was wreck free. Plate or no plate, that was a good race............one of the best I've seen. And you really should dig up some old tapes and videos of the races before plates at Daytona and Talladega. Many times there were only a half dozen or less cars on the lead lap............and they were strung out the full track distance. Would you call that an exciting race? They didn't have plates so, according to the plate track haters it had to be better racing.

It's a race. Just like our beloved short tracks and road courses........just a different type of race. The rules for the tracks are mainly the only difference......but, then road courses have their special rules too. I guess I get a little tired of being sneered at because I happen to like plate tracks..........I like them all, even the roads. But track types have ranking with me. Roads are on the bottom. And for most here, I gather plates rank on the bottom.

Personally, I love Talladega. If you have never been there TV does it no justice. I went to Talladega at least once a year for 12 years (91-02) and never saw a dull race. The way I see it, most people who hate the plate races favorite driver doesn't run well there.

they are saying it may rain durring this weekend races......GRRRRR <_< <_< :angry: :( i hope it dont. cause if it rains out on monday i cant stay i got to come back to ky monday morrin...(well around noon)

Originally posted by bowtie@Apr 14 2004, 06:59 PM
Personally, I love Talladega. If you have never been there TV does it no justice. I went to Talladega at least once a year for 12 years (91-02) and never saw a dull race. The way I see it, most people who hate the plate races favorite driver doesn't run well there.
Bow, you just said it all!! Plates are nerve racking to be sure..........but they are good races! Drivers don't like em because they only have half the horsepower........but the winners sure don't bitch too much!! :D Bring em on..............four times a year!!! :cheers:

My driver's record in plate "races" is pretty decent, but I still can't stand to watch them. It has nothing to do with who wins or loses, it's just that the "racing" sucks. The only time anybody but a DEI car passes anybody it is with help.

Nope, not gonna go down this road again. Plate "racing" just plain sucks.

I usually don't even tune in for a few minutes. When I do it is just long enough to see how bad the points race is getting screwed up by the farce taking place.

For those who enjoy it, I am happy for you. :cheers:

For the majority of us, it is a day we can do something else without missing anything. ;)

DEI? I believe Mikey was the first DEI driver to win a plate race. That was in 2001. You make it sound as if DEI has been winning plates races since plate races have been around. But, Dale Earnhardt (RCR) did dominate plates for a number of years........wonder if there's a connection?

But, don't tune out completely..........whatever it is that DEI has figured out about restrictor plates other teams will figure it out. And they will figure it out better! Who knows, HMS may dominate for a few years next!! :cheers:

Plate racing sure isn't my favorite, but hey, it's still racing and I'm not going to miss em. :D

Plate racing is part of the program that Nascar puts on. Live with it you bone heads. I see good, and bad at every track. ;) Will Jr , and Mikey walk over everyone? Maybe, Maybe not . But I just hope nobody gets killed. Kurt bush may piss in the punch there. He is pretty good at the big track. ;)

My driver does OK at the plate tracks when Junior ain't wrecking him. I hate them for completely different reasons.

Personally, I know who I'm looking for at this one to have a good day, and the initials DEI are nowhere in the equation. The only way Michael can help Junior will be as a lap car, and everyone else has already shown they're not gonna help him and are tired of just getting out of his way.

So who does that leave? The guy who used to dominate the plate tracks. Sterling Marlin. I'll find out if I'm right after it's over though. Neilsen won't get any numbers off my TV for this garbage.

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 14 2004, 10:55 PM
DEI? I believe Mikey was the first DEI driver to win a plate race. That was in 2001. You make it sound as if DEI has been winning plates races since plate races have been around. But, Dale Earnhardt (RCR) did dominate plates for a number of years........wonder if there's a connection?

But, don't tune out completely..........whatever it is that DEI has figured out about restrictor plates other teams will figure it out. And they will figure it out better! Who knows, HMS may dominate for a few years next!! :cheers:
DE Sr. did dominate in plate races,but surely He didn't dominate the Daytona 500 events,as He won 1 event in what,like 22 attempts? ;)
Dale Jarrett has already won 3 Daytona 500's ;)

Dale Sr. would have a few more but just had bad luck. but as i said "no such thing as couldof, wouldof, shuldof)

Originally posted by 24thunder+Apr 15 2004, 10:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24thunder @ Apr 15 2004, 10:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 14 2004, 10:55 PM
DEI?&nbsp; I believe Mikey was the first DEI driver to win a plate race.&nbsp; That was in 2001.&nbsp; You make it sound as if DEI has been winning plates races since plate races have been around.&nbsp; But, Dale Earnhardt (RCR) did dominate plates for a number of years........wonder if there's a connection?

But, don't tune out completely..........whatever it is that DEI has figured out about restrictor plates other teams will figure it out.&nbsp; And they will figure it out better!&nbsp; Who knows, HMS may dominate for a few years next!! :cheers:
DE Sr. did dominate in plate races,but surely He didn't dominate the Daytona 500 events,as He won 1 event in what,like 22 attempts? ;)
Dale Jarrett has already won 3 Daytona 500's ;) [/b][/quote]
I wouldn't say he didn't dominate Daytona events. How many straight years did he win a twin 125?

Just off the top of my head it was a last lap flat tire that allowed cope to get his daytona win. That has to be one of many races where bad luck didn't allow him to win. He may not have won more than one Daytona 500, but I would say he was dominate at the track.

And yes, people only remember the winner.

Originally posted by de7xwcc@Apr 15 2004, 02:37 PM
DE has the record for wins a daytona, but then again gues that don't mean much
Guess ppl olny count the point races. Man i just wish i get to see Dale race just once! :(

Jeez EMP give me a break, I heard the media say it plenty of times the dale sr. could see the air in the draft, it's a figure of speech and sr. did dominate daytona he was always the man to beat, and I do believe sr. set up and taught dale and mikey how to deal with the draft, I see jr. run a line that nobody else does, only when they are behind him, and sterling at dega this week, keep dreamin. The only place sterling will be is behind Jr.

Back
Top Bottom