StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1695048885348.png

Texas Motor Speedway
3:30pm/et, Sunday, September 24
TV: USA
Radio: PRN, SiriusXM
Stage Laps: 80/160/267
Practice/Qualifying: 12:35-2:30pm/et, Sat. Sept. 23. TV-USA.

36 teams/drivers [for 40 spots] are listed.
Some of the drivers entered include: #15-J.J. Yeley, #42-Carson Hocevar, #51-Todd Gilliland, #78-B.J. McLeod.
1695072283822.png

Guess it's a sponsor thing now, because why would they want to give a competitor Cup experience

Ah. The much maligned Texas Motor Speedway. The "Muh Entertainment" Crew will be out in full force this weekend. I'm going to be focused on whichever playoff driver wins this race...if they win.... they're set up for sure this next round as its usually full of calamity with the two races after this one.

Ah. The much maligned Texas Motor Speedway. The "Muh Entertainment" Crew will be out in full force this weekend. I'm going to be focused on whichever playoff driver wins this race...if they win.... they're set up for sure this next round as its usually full of calamity with the two races after this one.

I've always hated Texas, but it's a lot better with the new car, right? I don't remember how the last race went honestly

I've always hated Texas, but it's a lot better with the new car, right? I don't remember how the last race went honestly
Texas has not improved at all

I dont either ha ha ha which makes me thing it probably wasnt good but thats okay. I'm sure some playoff chaos will make up for it

Bitching about the track is white noise. Can't wait. Round 2. LFG. Time to be people's favorite drivers....again.

1695239242478.png

Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series race was seen by 862,000 on average. It brought in a household rating of 0.52.

Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race was the most-watched motorosports event of the weekend. 1.9 million tuned in on average bringing a rating of 1.11.

View attachment 72989
Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series race was seen by 862,000 on average. It brought in a household rating of 0.52.

Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race was the most-watched motorosports event of the weekend. 1.9 million tuned in on average bringing a rating of 1.11.

I wasn’t talking about TV ratings lol

Goodyear Fast Facts – Texas​

NASCAR Cup Series – Race No. 30 – 334 laps / 501 miles
Texas Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval) – Fort Worth, Tex.
Fast Facts for September 23-24, 2023

Tire:
Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Speedway Radials

Set limits: Cup: 1 set for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 9 sets for the race
(8 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-5186; Right-side — D-5222

Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,263 mm (89.09 in.); Right-side — 2,277 mm (89.65 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation: Left Front — 20 psi; Left Rear — 22 psi;
Right Front — 50 psi; Right Rear — 46 psi

Storyline – Round of 12 begins on demanding Texas track: Coming off the recent race at Kansas Speedway, the NASCAR Cup Series returns to a mile-and-a-half track at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. Speeds will be high and teams must be cognizant of Goodyear’s recommended air pressures, as well as their cars’ geometry settings. Getting too aggressive with a set-up can put undue stress on the tires, causing the sidewall to over-deflect and suffer damage to the point of air loss.
“We start the Round of 12 of the Cup playoffs this weekend at Texas, so there is a lot at stake for teams,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “As we often see at the intermediate tracks, the speeds and loads make it important for teams to balance that ‘risk vs. reward’ equation of speed vs. durability. As always, we are working directly with the teams to help them understand how the air and car settings will affect the tires. We provide a lot of data leading into the weekend so they can make informed decisions as to where the line is, and then those conversations continue throughout practice and the race to make sure everyone knows where they stand.”

Notes – Cup teams on new right-side tire at Texas: Being on 18-inch bead diameter tires, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity Series at Texas this weekend . . . this is the same left-side tire code that Cup teams ran at Texas last September, but with a different right-side code . . . compared to the 2022 race, this right-side tire features a construction update . . . while this right-side tire is unique to Texas, Cup teams have run this left-side tire at Auto Club, Kansas, Las Vegas, Michigan, Nashville and Pocono this season . . . this tire set-up came out of a Goodyear test at TMS on July 11-12 . . . teams (drivers) participating in that test were the No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota (Denny Hamlin), No. 22 Penske Racing Ford (Joey Logano), No. 99 Trackhouse Racing Chevrolet (Daniel Suarez) . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars do not run inner liners in any of their tires.

Hello, everyone!

I waited until very late this week to post the Fort Worth skyline, so it's still fresh in your mind in case NBC shows the wrong skyline today or tomorrow. :)

My dad and I will be attending tomorrow. Hopefully it's not so hot it's miserable! We're in Turn 1, so we should get shade about half way through the race.

FW Skyline - RF.jpg

Hello, everyone!

I waited until very late this week to post the Fort Worth skyline, so it's still fresh in your mind in case NBC shows the wrong skyline today or tomorrow. :)

My dad and I will be attending tomorrow. Hopefully it's not so hot it's miserable! We're in Turn 1, so we should get shade about half way through the race.

View attachment 73038
Hope you have a great time!

Hello, everyone!

View attachment 73038
A Racing Forum tradition!

One of the worst calls NASCAR has made all year is letting the 47 change tires and try again after spinning on their out lap. It’s an advantage to go out later in qualifying. Group B outruns group A every week. Why not spin on the out lap every time if you have an early qualifying run?

Back
Top Bottom