Problems in RCR stable?

R

RobbyG Fan

The routine at RCR is that after Sunday's race they have a Monday Morning meeting to discuss the issues of the race. Apparently after that meeting Kevin continued to speak out about Robby's moves.

Article:
http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/headlines/...s.ap/index.html

Its nothing new that RCR team mates dont get along. Note Skinner and Senior. Note Jeff Green and Kevin Harvick. Jeff Green ended up fired. Skinner ended up fired. Now I dont know if Kevin and Robby were ok before, but they sure dont seem ok now. Im not sure what would happen now, but I dont see Richard firing either driver who are both in the top 15 in points and in contention for top 10 points finishes.

Robby and Richard get along great, and is his defense Kevin did pull a shady move in the race which almost took both of them out and allowed Fellows to pass. Also, Kevin has had problems with Jeff and now with Robby, is Kevin the center focus problem of RCR?

I was wondering what everyones opinion is, because I could be a little biased since I am a Robby fan. Just wondering what the "outside" perception of this is who arent really fans of neither.

I think it is just temporary between Harvick and Robby. My guess is that they will be over it by the weekend. IMO I would rather have drivers that are aggressive and get angry at each other. ;)

I feel for Chidlress - he has two very big ego's to deal with in Robby and Kevin. Robby in his CART days was always one who was difficult to deal with; I think Kevin came out of the box with that team like a real future champion and has faded quickly and that leads to frustration. Childress with keep both and try to redirect tempers to on track performance in my opinion. Did anybody hear Childress on the radio tell Robby that he spoke with Kevin already and they have two good cars and wants them both to finish - too funny.

harvick has nothing to say, rember last year when he was a lap down and robby was leading........just paybacks kevin

Kevin had plenty to say in an interview yesterday. None of it favorable to Robby.

As for Childress, he seeks out Alpha type personalities as drivers. Earnhardt was top dog until the formation of the second team and took an immediate dislike to Skinner and then Green and vice versa. No contest there. Dale let them know where he stood and where they should stand, in his shadow.
Now Earnhardt is gone and it begins all over again with Harvick and RGordon in a spat like two little kids. GEESH !!!!!!!! Kevin's sore ?? Tough nuggies. If Harvick had given second thoughts to passing under yellow nothing would have changed. RGordon was the winner and he had the best car.

Childress is in a unique situation with two aggressive drivers who both want to win but also want to show they are the better driver of RCR. Who will come out on top will be the best team player although both have proven they have difficulty being team players, a history of having problems with thier crews and each other. This will get more intense before long and interesting to see who could be the first one to wreck the other. That is almost an accident waiting to happen. :rolleyes:

I think its just Kevin trying to get attention since he seems to be out of the spotlight a lot lately. I'd imagine that Richard has sat them down together and told them a thing or two about how wreckin your teamate doesn't get ya anywhere. Robby and Kevin worked really well together during speedweeks. Hopefully Richard will remind them of that and in two weeks paybacks arent a good idea

I dont think that this will hurt the team at all because Kevin is just a little ticked at Robby right now...If Robby wouldn't have passed him under that caution, Kevin would have led a lap, giving him 5 points. He never led a lap though because of that....I can see how he may be a little frustrated.

I just have never liked Kevin.Now this new fued with Robby(ironically enough a good friend of chief Harvick rival Greg Biffle).Seems to me like when the smoke clears Robby is going to be the top dog at RCR and Kevin is just going to have to get over it.That stable is not big enough for the two of them unless one or the other backs down.I think the pecking order should be with Gordon at the top.One thing to say about Kevin Harvick:The feelings of dislike other drivers show him is genuine and lasting.And as soon as Biffle gets his feet under him---if he ever does---Greg will be looking for his old sparring partner Kevin. :boxing:

the problem with robby & kevin is:
robby is a indycar driver.
kevin thinks he's earnhardt.
that's half the problem why RCR hasn't succeeded much in the past year & a half.
atleast richard got rid of one ego maniac (green).

It is a known fact that Robby and Kevin haven't seen eye to eye on a lot of things. But this sounds like it Kevin's time in the hot seat, If you were in Kevins car and your team mate passed you like that even if it was legal you would be a little po'ed also. And you might have said more than he did.

:wacko: What a surprise,Kevin Harvick whining like a little baby about a teammate again. All those people who thought the RCR problems would be solved when Green was fired, were wrong. Kevin is the cancer on that team, and unfortunantly Richard is too blind to see it. Lucky for Robby he got another win or Kevin would whine to Richard to fire him like he did with Jeff. Skinner didn't get fired till he was teammates with Harvick, which makes me wonder if Harvick had something to do with that. Oh Harvick, how can you say Robby should care what a four time champion says, when you didn't last year at Chicagoland, you freakin hypocrite? Harvick is just showing more and more, he thinks he's the only one that matters at RCR. I can't believe this prick is driving Dales old car, I just hope Steve stays away from him on the racetrack.

I started to reply to that crap. But I respect the forum to much for that. :p And I 'am sure that your opinon is the only one that matters.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 24 2003, 03:49 PM
:wacko: What a surprise,Kevin Harvick whining like a little baby about a teammate again. All those people who thought the RCR problems would be solved when Green was fired, were wrong. Kevin is the cancer on that team, and unfortunantly Richard is too blind to see it. Lucky for Robby he got another win or Kevin would whine to Richard to fire him like he did with Jeff. Skinner didn't get fired till he was teammates with Harvick, which makes me wonder if Harvick had something to do with that. Oh Harvick, how can you say Robby should care what a four time champion says, when you didn't last year at Chicagoland, you freakin hypocrite? Harvick is just showing more and more, he thinks he's the only one that matters at RCR. I can't believe this prick is driving Dales old car, I just hope Steve stays away from him on the racetrack.
I disagree with everything in this post.

Originally posted by Gollum@Jun 24 2003, 04:58 PM
I started to reply to that crap. But I respect the forum to much for that. :p And I 'am sure that your opinon is the only one that matters.
But it's okay for people to constantly make negative comments about Park, Bodine and others, just not NASCAR superstars? I see.

Originally posted by Dinoforthe3+Jun 24 2003, 04:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dinoforthe3 @ Jun 24 2003, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--park30fan@Jun 24 2003, 03:49 PM
:wacko: What a surprise,Kevin Harvick whining like a little baby about a teammate again.&nbsp; All those people who thought the RCR problems would be solved when Green was fired, were wrong.&nbsp; Kevin is the cancer on that team, and unfortunantly Richard is too blind to see it.&nbsp; Lucky for Robby he got another win or Kevin would whine to Richard to fire him like he did with Jeff.&nbsp; Skinner didn't get fired till he was teammates with Harvick, which makes me wonder if Harvick had something to do with that.&nbsp; Oh Harvick, how can you say Robby should care what a four time champion says, when you didn't last year at Chicagoland, you freakin hypocrite?&nbsp; Harvick is just showing more and more, he thinks he's the only one that matters at RCR.&nbsp; I can't believe this prick is driving Dales old car, I just hope Steve stays away from him on the racetrack.
I disagree with everything in this post. [/b][/quote]
I disagree with it as well...

Originally posted by park30fan+Jun 24 2003, 05:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Jun 24 2003, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gollum@Jun 24 2003, 04:58 PM
But it's okay for people to constantly make negative comments about Park, Bodine and others, just not NASCAR superstars? I see. [/b][/quote]

In my opinion,you hit the nail on the head park30fan.Kevin has an attitude problem,IMO.If he doesnt change his attitude he will be back in the trucks soon.

(Now relax Gollum.Breathe deep.Exhale. :lol: Just kidding buddy,all Kurt Busch fans have to hate Kevin!)

No problem 97. But I would say if Kurt was in Harvicks place and the yellow flag came out and say Kenseth passed him to gain a spot. I belive Krut would be highly teed off. And would make a few remarks. So what is wrong with Harvick expressing himself. :rolleyes: He was the one that was passed not Jeffy. He had the right to be teed.

Originally posted by Gollum@Jun 24 2003, 06:23 PM
No problem 97. But I would say if Kurt was in Harvicks place and the yellow flag came out and say Kenseth passed him to gain a spot. I belive Krut would be highly teed off. And would make a few remarks. So what is wrong with Harvick expressing himself. :rolleyes: He was the one that was passed not Jeffy. He had the right to be teed.
I agree with that part.Kurt WOULD have been ticked off,no doubt.Also,it's funny that Jeff really did more whining than Kevin did all things considered.

Harvick might just be one of those folks that would do better with a SINGLE car team.Can you imagine if Kevin were teamates with say,Stewart or Biffle?Maybe an older vet like Martin or Jarrett would be ok.But not other 'aggressive' drivers.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Jun 24 2003, 10:09 AM
I was wondering what everyones opinion is, because I could be a little biased since I am a Robby fan. Just wondering what the "outside" perception of this is who arent really fans of neither.
Robby has a hard time getting along with everybody, but so has Kevin in the past. But I've been impressed with Kevin's attitude turn around this year. And it's also showing up in the points chase. 9th is a lot better than the low 20's.

Just my two cents.....

But if it comes to RCR choosing between Harvick and Gordon, consider... Gordon has only won ONE race for Childress while Harvick has won several.. In Winston Cup that is.. couple that with Harvick's Busch championship and RC has a dilema.

No offence intended, but I for one don't think Robby's stock is particulary rising just because of his win at Sonoma. He has done well at Dega, and that will be the true test. But then again, so has Harvick.

All I'm saying is that if it's a true battle, we've got a lot of season yet to go to determine it.....

Robby has won two for Childress & Harvick has won three. (unless you're counting Harvick's Busch series victories also?)

Sorry, you're right, for some reason, I though Robby won for a different team at NH.... Anyhoo, I guess it'll come down to the rest of the season as they're pretty much equal except for Busch....

Originally posted by HappyHour@Jun 24 2003, 07:54 PM
Sorry, you're right, for some reason, I though Robby won for a different team at NH.... Anyhoo, I guess it'll come down to the rest of the season as they're pretty much equal except for Busch....
To be fair to Robby, he never competed in the Busch or CTS series.

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000@Jun 24 2003, 04:07 PM
This has to be the most insane comment i've ever read...

Kevin is not Dale Sr, nor does he even claim to be. He gets in that car, and races the way he wants!!! Thats why Dale Sr picked Kevin to be his teammate for 2002... cause he admired the way Kevin drove his race cars!!!!!! Good lord son.. get a grip on racing.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 24 2003, 04:49 PM
I'm not even gonna waste my time writing back to this one...

Originally posted by bud_stud+Jun 24 2003, 08:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bud_stud @ Jun 24 2003, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j ozzman 5000@Jun 24 2003, 04:07 PM

Kevin is not Dale Sr, nor does he even claim to be. He gets in that car, and races the way he wants!!! Thats why Dale Sr picked Kevin to be his teammate for 2002... cause he admired the way Kevin drove his race cars!!!!!! Good lord son.. get a grip on racing. [/b][/quote]
I agree. Before he started racing that car, he said something like, I am not dale earnhardt and no one will likely ever be able to race like he did.

Exactly my point.. glad your one of the few to realize that. True NASCAR fan right there...

Childress has 2 guys that have a real strong drive like Earnhardt had . I just hope he can handle both of em at the same time.

Originally posted by bud_stud@Jun 24 2003, 08:31 PM
Exactly my point.. glad your one of the few to realize that. True NASCAR fan right there...
I knew that when Harvick came in he wouldn't be as good as Earnhardt, but I knew that he would try his best...I dont have a single problem with any of the drivers speaking their minds, they have a choice to, and its a free world. Harvick has a right to his opinion, and he was driving the car...we all just watched what happened. Harvick is definetely fine in my book.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Jun 24 2003, 09:55 PM

To be fair to Robby, he never competed in the Busch or CTS series.
Once he did, in the truck series. The final race of the inaugural season. Finished 6th I believe.

Originally posted by bud_stud+Jun 24 2003, 10:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bud_stud @ Jun 24 2003, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j ozzman 5000@Jun 24 2003, 04:07 PM

Kevin is not Dale Sr, nor does he even claim to be. He gets in that car, and races the way he wants!!! Thats why Dale Sr picked Kevin to be his teammate for 2002... cause he admired the way Kevin drove his race cars!!!!!! Good lord son.. get a grip on racing. [/b][/quote]
Didn't Dale want to hire harvick for DEI before Richard hired him? I thought I heard that somewhere before.

Quick comparison of Kevin Harvick and Robby Gordon's tenure in Winston Cup with RCR:

Kevin Harvick:
86 total starts with RCR
3 wins

Robby Gordon:
59 total starts with RCR
2 wins

Breaking it down:
Robby Gordon: 1 win every 29 races
Kevin Harvick: 1 win every 29 races

Interestingly enough, both basically average the same number of wins and are on track to be the same number of wins, unless one surges ahead of the other.

Several factors:
--Robby Gordon and RC have a great working relationship and are good friends outside of the track, more so than Kevin harvick.
--RC still is emotionally attached to the 3/29 car. Its his prime jewel, and he wants to see that car ahead at all costs.

Bottom line:
I dont see RC giving up on either driver, if he can have Green, Robby, and Harvick in one team for three years he surely can keep this two in check. Sure is impressive seeing how RC has been a very good influence on both of them, makes me respect what he does much more.

Originally posted by DirtyMo1381529+Jun 24 2003, 11:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DirtyMo1381529 @ Jun 24 2003, 11:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bud_stud@Jun 24 2003, 10:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--j ozzman 5000
@Jun 24 2003, 04:07 PM

Kevin is not Dale Sr, nor does he even claim to be. He gets in that car, and races the way he wants!!! Thats why Dale Sr picked Kevin to be his teammate for 2002... cause he admired the way Kevin drove his race cars!!!!!! Good lord son.. get a grip on racing.
Didn't Dale want to hire harvick for DEI before Richard hired him? I thought I heard that somewhere before. [/b][/quote]
You are correct, Dale wanted to hire Harvick for DEI.

Interestingly enough, the first driver Dale ever hired for DEI was Robby Gordon when Dale had just opened up DEI, Robby drove the truck race. Funny how everything comes full circle.

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Jun 24 2003, 08:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Jun 24 2003, 08:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ward22@Jun 24 2003, 08:44 PM
and its a free world.
If only that were true. [/b][/quote]
I meant Its a free...COUNTRY...

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Jun 24 2003, 11:07 PM
Interestingly enough, the first driver Dale ever hired for DEI was Robby Gordon when Dale had just opened up DEI, Robby drove the truck race. Funny how everything comes full circle.
I thought that Dale first hired Jeff Green for the busch car he ran part time in?

Originally posted by DirtyMo1381529+Jun 24 2003, 11:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DirtyMo1381529 @ Jun 24 2003, 11:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RobbyG Fan@Jun 24 2003, 11:07 PM
Interestingly enough, the first driver Dale ever hired for DEI was Robby Gordon when Dale had just opened up DEI, Robby drove the truck race.&nbsp; Funny how everything comes full circle.
I thought that Dale first hired Jeff Green for the busch car he ran part time in? [/b][/quote]
Before that he hired Robby in a one race deal in the trucks. The truck race was the very first race by DEI I believe, actually when Robby when the race I dont think it was even called DEI back then, but after Robby then came Jeff Green in Busch.

Back
Top Bottom