Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I was sitting on the exit of two and was actively watching him and he just lost it on his own... And then I lost it. I was the first one standing up on that backstretch fist pumping like a champ. LOL. I really didn't like the 48 in 2010. I was so over all his winning.
Yes!! I was the same way when Johnson overdrove himself and lost it to Brad :p

@nascarcasm 26m

That awkward moment at Roush Fenway Racing when Carl Edwards forgets to clear his browser history.

BnmRsPeIYAACTeT.jpg:large

Atlanta Motor Speedway Offering Buy One, Get One Front Stretch Seats: For one week only, Atlanta Motor Speedway is making an unbelievable discount offer available to fans for the Labor Day Weekend NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race on Sunday, Aug. 31. Race fans can purchase "buy one, get one" Lower Champions Grandstand seats located near the start/finish line of the Speedway. This offer represents a 50% discount off the normal value, and allows purchasers the opportunity to get two front stretch tickets for only $99. This promotion is only available while supplies last and will end at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 18. Tickets available for the special promotion are in limited supply and fans are strongly encouraged to act quickly before supplies run out. NASCAR night racing returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway this Labor Day weekend. For more information, call the Atlanta Motor Speedway Ticket Office at (770) 946-4211, (877) 9-AMS-TIX, or visit www.atlantamotorspeedway.com

10286797_10152015253235951_1802154699435366224_o.jpg

A blast from the past! Jimmie Johnson originally drove the No. 48 Lowe's "Power of Pride" Chevrolet during the 2001 season, when he made his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Charlotte, Homestead and Atlanta

A blast from the past! Jimmie Johnson originally drove the No. 48 Lowe's "Power of Pride" Chevrolet during the 2001 season, when he made his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Charlotte, Homestead and Atlanta
This is me in November 2001:

"Robby Gordon just won New Hampshire in the last race with Lowe's on the car. I bet they're kicking themselves now for leaving to go sponsor Jimmie Johnson, a guy who did nothing in the Busch Series".

I'm still waiting to see if that Jimmie Johnson kid will make something of himself. ;)

Saw this in a race preview on bleacher report.

Tires a Nonissue

For the first time this season, tires should be a nonissue, as the Sprint Cup teams have been using the same left-right combination since 2012 with few problems. It’s a unique combination of a left-side tire only used at Charlotte and a right-side also in use at Darlington.

Is it me or it this rubbish? I mean yeah they used that tire combo since 2012... difference is they've never used this car combo lol.... I mean I know it will probably be alright because they'll have 20 lap runs the whole night.. but really... I think that's why theres no issue... I'd bet if they ran longer on that tire with these cars they would have some unforeseen issues.

Roush Fenway Racing makes a change: Release of long-time Roush Fenway Racing lead engineer Chip Bolin signals change in direction for NASCAR powerhouse Chip Bolin and Roush Fenway Racing have parted ways. Roush Fenway Racing confirmed on Thursday morning that Bolin had been released. Bolin, 40, joined RFR in 1998 along with Bob Osborne to start the company's engineering department following an internship with Andy Petree Racing. The North, S.C.-native has worked in a variety of roles at RFR over the years including as both crew chief and team engineer. His first season was 1999, the same year Matt Kenseth and Robbie Reiser (now GM). Bolin became the #17 team engineer in 2001 and was an integral part of Kenseth's 2003 Sprint Cup championship. At the end of 2007 season when Reiser transitioned into a management role, Bolin was named crew chief for Kenseth's team. Bolin's release comes at a time when both of Roush's top drivers have contracts up for renewal. While Biffle insists it's his intent to remain with the organization, there has been a rash of speculation surrounding Edwards' plans.(Motorsport)(5-15-2014)

I'm done watching anything Pre green flag from the start of the race.Nothing but manufactured bull****.

This BS of pulling out then waiting sucks.Then the 1st truck or car isn't the fastest?More draft bull****.
Exactly. It's fustercluck qualifying. They wait until a minute to go and then it's the mad dash for one lap. The guy in the back with the strongest draft pull, gets the pole.
They need to make a change where, as soon as the clock starts for that session, you are required to go. Not sit and wait for the last minute.

Exactly. It's fustercluck qualifying. They wait until a minute to go and then it's the mad dash for one lap. The guy in the back with the strongest draft pull, gets the pole.
They need to make a change where, as soon as the clock starts for that session, you are required to go. Not sit and wait for the last minute.
Bunch of pussies.

I'm not a fan. The format needs some tweaking. There needs to be a rule change so that they cannot sit & wait.
Screw these rule changes "run what you brung" and see where your at.More rule changes will bring more manufactured BS.

when you can set track record and start 4th for the race, something is wrong.

Why you no like strategery?

I was at that Charlotte race! They handed out power of pride bumper stickers :p it's still somewhere around here...

Also if I remember correctly, it was the first race after 9/11 and they did not allow drivers to do a burnout because of the smoke

Track records don't mean much anymore.When they set new ones every track,every race.

i agree. up until this year the fastest lap won the pole, which may be a track record or not, but now you can turn the fastest lap and set a new track record and can start the race as far back as 24th starting position. but yes the new qualifying deal really blows.

I was at that Charlotte race! They handed out power of pride bumper stickers :p it's still somewhere around here...

Also if I remember correctly, it was the first race after 9/11 and they did not allow drivers to do a burnout because of the smoke

The first race after 9/11 was Dover. The Charlotte race was the first day of bombing against Afghanistan.

The first race after 9/11 was Dover. The Charlotte race was the first day of bombing against Afghanistan.
You're correct. I remember now. They actually showed the speech Bush gave declaring the attack & the crowd went absolutely nuts. We must have shouted "USA USA USA" for a solid 5 minutes

Kasey, going after that Kleenex sponsorship...

Kahne Frustrated With NASCAR over wreck: #5-Kasey Kahne watched $1 million slide away in Saturday night's Sprint All-Star race when he said a patch of oil sent him into the wall. Kahne won two of the first three 20-lap segments before pancaking the wall and ruining his chances for the win in the fourth segment. Instead, he finished 14th, while Jamie McMurray won the race. "NASCAR just didn't clean the track,'' Kahne said in the garage after the race. "They cleaned it after that session. (Ryan) Newman hit it harder than I did. I hit it right behind him. We're trying to race. These short runs, you've got to go, go, go and the track is not capable. I don't mean to point too many fingers. That's not our deal, that's their deal.'' Kahne said the oil came from the incident with Jeff Gordon, Martin Truex Jr. and Greg Biffle earlier in the fourth segment. "They put speedy dry down and they didn't clean it off and you could also see the oil through the speedy dry,'' said Kahne, who led 20 of the race's 90 laps. "When we got up there, we're all racing two or three-wide. That's where I ended up and Newman and we shot into the wall like we hit ice. They cleaned it after the fact.''
NASCAR issued a statement in response to Kahne's comments, stating: "The caution came out and the track had oil and debris on the surface in Turn 4 onto pit road. Oil was covered up by two clean up trucks and broomed in by the same. Vacuumed up and then blown by jets. Competitors drove past the area in question twice at reduced speed under caution. No drivers or crew chiefs passed along any reservations of the restorations. NASCAR Officials in the pace car confirmed the track was ready. The race was restarted.''(Motor Racing Network)(5-18-2014)

Back
Top Bottom