Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Just one; the next lap will find him in the tire barrier down in the hairpin.

Or ON the tire barrier.
Stewarts-payback-could-have-consequences-BV6J4GK-x-large_zpse72a28c7.jpg

I don't think Jocko will drive the same at Sonoma, he won't have the stands full of Canadians egging him on. He will be more like a de-tuned Robbie Gordon.

I heard this morning that HMS still has all of their test session allotment left for this season. Anyone know of a testing page out there that shows what the teams have testing sessions left? I wonder if they're all in a similar situation?

I heard this morning that HMS still has all of their test session allotment left for this season. Anyone know of a testing page out there that shows what the teams have testing sessions left? I wonder if they're all in a similar situation?

I think Penske used 1 and Roush did too. Other than that, IDK.

No exact numbers, but you can sift through and determine how many each team has left. A quick read shows SHR, EGR, RCR, and RPM have all used two already.

http://www.jayski.com/stats/testing/testing2013.htm

@nascarcasm
Right now, Jimmie Johnson could take a race off and still hold the points lead....which could be entertaining...

They used to do that in F1, sometimes. After the champ would clinch the title, he would take the rest of the season off. Probably wouldn't happen in today's sponsor-driven world. Besides, those were also the days when two drivers would get killed in a season and it probably was about keeping the champ out of harm's way as much as it was giving him a vacation.

Ya woulda thunk that they might have included the current Cup champion as part of the group.

go figure . . .
I have a feeling that Nascar might be a little embarrassed with some of the things that Brad has said this year, and that his team was caught cheating, so they may be trying to keep his championship low key. I haven't seen them mention Brads name or use him in any promotions at all since he has won the championship.

Ya woulda thunk that they might have included the current Cup champion as part of the group.

go figure . . .

If you had to pick the 4 most marketable drivers today, those are probably the top 4. Danica and Dale Jr are unquestionable, obviously, but I think Stewart and Johnson would edge out Brad K in popularity and marketability.

I think that everyone , with the possible exception of Andy , understands that this is a 'fan driven' sport , and these four are the current face of Nascar .

If it's all about marketing, what's JJ doing up there? ;)
I agree, JJ is a little bit bland but he's good looking, articulate and doesn't get into trouble. If I was a sponsor I'd jump to get my company on the #48 in a heartbeat.

I think that everyone , with the possible exception of Andy , understands that this is a 'fan driven' sport , and these four are the current face of Nascar .

Just wait, you want fans....I am training a monkey in a pink tu tu to outdrive the 10 car, that monkey will not only beat her, but that damn insurance lizard better watch his back, screw Digger..it is Go Monkey time.

People always talk about how NASCAR ignores the fans. Yet when Nascar promotes someone like Danica(who has lots of fans weather you admit it or not) it's a bad thing:confused:

People always talk about how Nascar is manipulating the outcome of races by throwing caution flags .Yet when you have a blow out like at Pocono , it's a bad thing.:confused:

People always talk about how NASCAR ignores the fans. Yet when Nascar promotes someone like Danica(who has lots of fans weather you admit it or not) it's a bad thing:confused:

Not bad, just silly to call her phenominal.

People always talk about how Nascar is manipulating the outcome of races by throwing caution flags .Yet when you have a blow out like at Pocono , it's a bad thing.:confused:

It's like when people complained about WWI trench warfare, then complained even more about WWII's mobile warfare. :rolleyes:

It's like mussolini said, Ya' just can't please everyone.

I have a feeling that Nascar might be a little embarrassed with some of the things that Brad has said this year, and that his team was caught cheating, so they may be trying to keep his championship low key. I haven't seen them mention Brads name or use him in any promotions at all since he has won the championship.
The poster and promotion is from the Texas track, not NASCAR itself. Other than rubber-stamping it, I doubt they provided any input.

TMS actually has a couple of posters they put out today... The one you guys posted above and another one with the tagline 'Secure Your Place in the Chase'. This one has Keselowski, Bowyer, Edwards, Jimmie, Dale Jr.

http://ow.ly/i/2lrh0

Smart marketing...to cover all your fan bases.

I can't help but notice they are all Hendrick drivers on that there poster in question! Yeah I know some will say that TS and DP are SHR, but lets not forget that Rick is only allowed 4 teams. This may be a bold statement, but SHR is all Hendrick, like it or not!

The poster and promotion is from the Texas track, not NASCAR itself. Other than rubber-stamping it, I doubt they provided any input.
I realize that. I was just talking in general. Someone had mentioned Kez, and I was just throwing out there that I had noticed he hasn't been used for any kind of promotions in general.

I didn't mind having such long runs early on, but the racing itself was far from spectacular.

o_O
Heroin dealers arrested leaving Poconos NASCAR race: Four heroin dealers were arrested and their drugs seized outside the Party in the Poconos NASCAR race Sunday afternoon because their driver made a wrong turn leaving the track, police said. The group attracted the attention of police when the car turned right against traffic exiting the Pocono Raceway from Long Pond Road onto Route 115 in Tunkhannock Township, state police at Fern Ridge said. When police noticed drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle and started a car search, two of the suspects tried to hide several heroin packets, but police and NASCAR fans spotted the attempt and police confiscated the drugs, police said.(full story at the Morning Call)(6-12-2013)

they had six cautions? how many you want? the only blow out I saw was the 48 doing his thing

o_O
Heroin dealers arrested leaving Poconos NASCAR race: Four heroin dealers were arrested and their drugs seized outside the Party in the Poconos NASCAR race Sunday afternoon because their driver made a wrong turn leaving the track, police said. The group attracted the attention of police when the car turned right against traffic exiting the Pocono Raceway from Long Pond Road onto Route 115 in Tunkhannock Township, state police at Fern Ridge said. When police noticed drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle and started a car search, two of the suspects tried to hide several heroin packets, but police and NASCAR fans spotted the attempt and police confiscated the drugs, police said.(full story at the Morning Call)(6-12-2013)

Mayfield?

Back
Top Bottom