Rate The Race - Dover

muggle not

Team Owner
Rate the race on a scale of 1 to 10.

I will rate it a 7.5.

(considering Gordon won I will give it a couple more points.....9.5) :)

Last edited:
Boring race.

Every time the last great NASCAR legend wins, the race gets a bump.

7/10

I can see how others found it boring though cause it seemed like Gordon was the only one who could pass anyone.

7.5 good battles throughout.

Biased opinion: 10.24

Typically dover race, but I enjoyed it, Wish Jr had run better, but Truex ran awesome today and I'm really happy for him

I'll give it a 6. My guy won, but that along with the bit of excitement that came with the chase cutoff wasn't enough to make the race very exciting.

XL1jqrw.gif

You guys need to research the definition of "racing" and then "passing".

Race: 8

8 next week the noose tightens, too bad an underdog couldn't have made it to the next round.

6 ------------------------- pathetic racing for a mile track, VERY disappointed

Great that the bully found yet another way to throw one in the garbage, even if it was a repeat of an earlier snafu

Too many drivers content with just driving around and settling for a top 10

Can't believe all these high ratings. This was a 1.5 for me. Would've been a 1 but Jeff winning bumped it up half a point.

Racing: Other than the first 10 laps after after a restart it was single file.
Strategy: Strategy was non-existent. Everyone was on the same cycle.
Drama: At the end, all the guys on the bubble were lap(s) down and had no chance of passing another car. The commentators tried to make it interesting but it really wasn't since the gaps between cars was so big.

End rant

There was drama but only because there was suppose to be drama.

Can't believe all these high ratings. This was a 1.5 for me. Would've been a 1 but Jeff winning bumped it up half a point.

Racing: Other than the first 10 laps after after a restart it was single file.
Strategy: Strategy was non-existent. Everyone was on the same cycle.
Drama: At the end, all the guys on the bubble were lap(s) down and had no chance of passing another car. The commentators tried to make it interesting but it really wasn't since the gaps between cars was so big.

End rant
That's Dover racing. I want to both races from 88 to 04 the racing for the most part has been that way. The way the track is designed that you dive down into the corner and race off coming up out of the corner is something no other track has. it is really something to see. they cut a 100 laps from the race, but other then redesigning the track their is nothing they can do to make more passing for the lead, most time one car hits the setup and drives away.

I'll go with a 6 - racing action seemed to be a little low.

However, as a Gordon fan, I'm glad there wasn't much action near the end of the race. :)

ESPN only gets a 3 since I got sick of their constant Chase hype.

Didn't live up to the hype. Kinda like Richmond. Okay, maybe not that bad but I didn't find this race nearly as exciting as the first two Chase races. Guess they can't all be gems.

As much as I love Dover, this one was a 6 at best. Looked too much like old points racing to me.

It kinda bums me out that the jeff gordon win only serves as a motivation boost to the team rather than a boost towarda the chanpionship. Even if he didnt win, and finished above 16th, he would have moved on to the next round regardless.

I'll give it a 4.8 the only way it could've been better for me is if it would have caused me to sleep and forget about being sick.

Back
Top Bottom