Rate The Race Homestead

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it weren't for the tire problems, I would have given it a 9, BUT I'll rate it a 6. Goodyear needs to up the program and test the tires more under real race type conditions.

I'll have to go with an 8. Had some real good sids by side racing. I liked it. :D

That was racing. It would have been even better if the tires didn't fail

I'll give it a 7....

Strange that there weren't any tire issues in the Truck or Busch race but that there were tire issues from the very beginning of the Cup race.

Originally posted by TonyB@Nov 16 2003, 07:35 PM

Strange that there weren't any tire issues in the Truck or Busch race but that there were tire issues from the very beginning of the Cup race.
Agreed TonyB. That's why I rated the race a 6.
Goodyear needs to step up the program or get the he!! out.

I wasn't fond of the tire problems either, but you really can't blame Goodyear completely. They didn't have a great deal of time to prepare a tire for this weekends races. They just had the tire test at Homestead last week.

So, for this race, I will have to give this race a solid :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) !

Originally posted by majestyx@Nov 16 2003, 11:35 PM
I wasn't fond of the tire problems either, but you really can't blame Goodyear completely. They didn't have a great deal of time to prepare a tire for this weekends races. They just had the tire test at Homestead last week.

But Majx, why were there only tire issues in the Cup race? Were CTS and Busch teams using tires from another era or were only cup drivers supplied with this "new" tire?

8.5 this was a very entertaining race. Best race ever at miami.

Originally posted by kat2220+Nov 16 2003, 10:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kat2220 @ Nov 16 2003, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Nov 16 2003, 11:35 PM
I wasn't fond of the tire problems either, but you really can't blame Goodyear completely.&nbsp; They didn't have a great deal of time to prepare a tire for this weekends races.&nbsp; They just had the tire test at Homestead last week.

But Majx, why were there only tire issues in the Cup race? Were CTS and Busch teams using tires from another era or were only cup drivers supplied with this "new" tire? [/b][/quote]
Kat, I can't explain why the cup cars were the only ones having the tire problems. It could come back to the difference in setups by each of the series, or any number of other instances. Ray Evernham said that Goodyear really shouldn't be blamed for the tire problems for the same reason I stated in my earlier post. Other than that, I have not idea.

Originally posted by kat2220@Nov 16 2003, 06:59 PM
If it weren't for the tire problems, I would have given it a 9, BUT I'll rate it a 6. Goodyear needs to up the program and test the tires more under real race type conditions.
agreed.Much better track to finish out the season now at Homestead ;)

Man, what a difference a year can make.

Had to work at the track this weekend but I did get some time to grab a seat and watch most of the truck and BGN race. Didn't stay for the Cup race....... wanted to get home after a long season.

What I did see was some good 3 and 4 wide racing. This track probably came close to being the biggest snoozer on the circuit.

Not any more!

I heard lots of postive comments from the fans at the speedway and had Matt not won the championship last week, this race would have had even more excitement and anticipation.

The folks at Miami-Homestead did a good job.....this was my third trip here for a NASCAR weekend and undoubtedly, the best.

Since I didn't see the Cup race, I don't have a rating. But based on what I had seen on the truck and BGN races, I would have to go with a 7 to 8.

I went to the first WC race there, and durn near fell out of my seat with boredom. I sure didn't fall asleep with this one.

I can't really blame Goodyear --- they didn't have much time to prepare, and the track had so much grip. Why the Cup cars had so many tire problems, could be attributed to the "aero" of the Cup cars ---- a lot more downforce.

I think after a couple years of "seasoning" --- the track will get much better.

I give it an 8.

I'm going with a 9 this week.
They did a great job with that track, hope the NH people consider do it too.

Back
Top Bottom