Rate The Race: Talladega II

Worst Talladega race ive ever watched and I've been watching NASCAR for 25 years.

Everybody drove like complete pansies except the 2 and the 22.

No passing for the lead. Single file, side drafting sand bagging **** fest

I'm confused though, I was told this race was always a wreckfest.

I did like how clean most of the race was.

10 u peopel complain when cars are flying in the fence for saftty and then you complain when cars are too far apart. typical

Didn't watch Talladega today.

Playoff discussion on TV was bad last week at Kansas, and I was worried it would be worse today.

6. Miniscule lead changes.JGR driving like start and parks is not racing.
Clean and safe for the most part.

Worst Talladega race ive ever watched and I've been watching NASCAR for 25 years.

Everybody drove like complete pansies except the 2 and the 22.

No passing for the lead. Single file, side drafting sand bagging **** fest

I agree as it was Dullsville.

I ended up cleaning the house through the middle 2/3 of the race. I give it a 5 from what I saw. I would have gave a 6 if Kurt would have spun out whoever that was that blocked him at the end.

I ended up cleaning the house through the middle 2/3 of the race. I give it a 5 from what I saw. I would have gave a 6 if Kurt would have spun out whoever that was that blocked him at the end.
Must have been what the fuss with Harvick was all about.

4, the max I'll give plate race. I give it that high a mark because it didn't have a big one.

Brad put on a clinic until the engine went south. He definitely showed me he's mastered this, even if I don't think it's worth mastering.

I like the Gibbs teams, but there's something wrong with the Chase format when running at the back all day can be a successful strategy.

4, the max I'll give plate race. I give it that high a mark because it didn't have a big one.

Brad put on a clinic until the engine went south. He definitely showed me he's mastered this, even if I don't think it's worth mastering.

I like the Gibbs teams, but there's something wrong with the Chase format when running at the back all day can be a successful strategy.
Yeah, because running at the back all day NEVER happened pre-chase..... :rolleyes:

Them facts, I hate it when they get in the way

I hate the Chase, but once again, teams were sandbagging at plate races long before the Chase.
To be fair they used to sandbag for a portion of the race, but usually came to the front at the end. Today the guys were fine with 30th. That's a new development.

Yeah, because running at the back all day NEVER happened pre-chase..... :rolleyes:
I hate the Chase, but once again, teams were sandbagging at plate races long before the Chase.
When it was done in the past, the guys doing it would eventually attempt to get to the front late in the race.

This time, TV broadcast a conversation with the #18 team where they decided there was no reason to try advancing. The Gibbs boys apparently planned to stay there all the way through, with no intention of doing anything except protecting their Chase positions. I support their decision; they're in it for a championship. But the format is poorly designed when that has been demonstrated to be a successful strategy, not once but for three cars in the same race.

To be fair they used to sandbag for a portion of the race, but usually come to the front at the end. Today the guys were fine with 30th. That's a new development.
To be fair indeed, and I give you that 100%, running the entire race in the rear was chicken sh*t move on JGR part, I get why they did it, I understand why the did it, but for their fans, that was slap in face.

To be fair indeed, and I give you that 100%, running the entire race in the rear was chicken sh*t move on JGR part, I get why they did it, I understand why the did it, but for their fans, that was slap in face.
I'm a fan and I don't see it that way. I'd prefer my driver have a shot at the championship. He does.

When it was done in the past, the guys doing it would eventually attempt to get to the front late in the race.

On the other hand, TV broadcast a conversation with the #18 team where they decided there was no reason to try advancing. The Gibbs boys apparently planned to stay there all the way through, with no intention of doing anything except protecting their Chase positions. I support their decision; they're in it for a championship. But the format is poorly designed when that has been demonstrated to be a successful strategy.
When I talk pre-chase I mean racing for the Championship. If someone had the championship sewn up at the last race they would just coast around.
It's silly not to use the rules to your advantage.
Next week we'll be back to full on.

8.5 kept my interest throughout, not the greatest race but I'm glad there was no big wrecks and everyone is safe.

When I talk pre-chase I mean racing for the Championship. If someone had the championship sewn up at the last race they would just coast around. It's silly not to use the rules to your advantage. Next week we'll be back to full on.
Like I said, I fully support their decision. My gripe isn't with what they did but with a format that encourages it, especially when it ISN'T the final race.

Back
Top Bottom