RATE THE RACE: Watkins Glen

9. 10 with the winner. The telecast was classy..

The closest I go near perfect is 9.9 and this one tips in at 9.4 there was some damn good driving going on today.

I will go with a 9.5.....maybe a 10. :) Probably would have been a 10 if Gordon hadn't had his problems.

As some have stated, the announcing was also first class and so much better than the other stations.

EE66UMo.gif

10. Woulda been a 12 if Gordons car wouldn't have crapped the bed.

98. AJ raced with the biggest balls of anybody all year.....and I base this purely on the driving I saw--not the bull**** drama Road To Recovery crap--I am so sick of that---We boo vanilla JJ who has never tested positive only to shed a tear for a one time winner who did. Anyway, AJ was awesome in the closing laps. He has a lot to be proud of--very entertaining.

10 for me! I loved the last few laps with the 47,9,41&99. So cool too see AJ outrun the 9. I didn't think he could do it. Awesome job & I love this track!!

Only thing that would have made it better if is Gordon was the one battling with Allmendinger.

But otherwise 10, 10, 10...11? Best race of the year IMO. NASCAR isn't paying attention only have 2 of these on the schedule. I want more laps that's how much I enjoy it. Obviously not today with the 2 long stoppages, but I'd like to see 10 more laps added, but I guess that takes away the intrigue of 2 stops vs. 3 stops.

Agreed with all of you. Def one of the best races of the year, if not the best.

Was hard for me to get into after everything that's happened, but I was all in midway through.

Great, clean, close racing by both Allmendinger and Ambrose. This is why I love NASCAR racing.

Classy interview by AJ in victory lane, putting everything in perspective for all of us.
Big thumbs up.

10 all the way around, ESPN props for the Stewart coverage and for handling the Red Flags well, thank god TNT did not have this race

I cannot remember ever giving a race a 10 ! If there was a higher rating, I would give it but someone set the bar at ten. The Watkins Glen race was an honest to goodness barn burner! It had a little bit of everything and a winner everyone could say won fair and square and a second place finisher who was as deserving of the win and could have stolen it by wrecking the winner, but chose instead to play fair. Great race, great driving and great afternoon well spent.

Race: 10
Winner: 10
ESPN: 10 for the actual race broadcast. 0 for immediately showing the video of Kevin Ward's death afterward on Sportscenter.

I thought the broadcast was actually the best of the year to this point. If was great watching Dot celebrating the win in the booth, pure treasure.

I give it a 9, would have been a 10 if Kurt had won. I must be the only one of the board who didn't really care if the 47 won or not. The telecast was pretty darn good too.

Back
Top Bottom