Rate the Race: Xfinity Lilly Diabetes 250

This shouldn't be a thread. This isn't Rate the Race it's Complain about the Race.
If the average rating is a 1, what do you expect? Does that mean for races that average a 10 that we should not be allowed to praise the fantastic racing? Rating the race is more than just a numerical value. Remember in math class during grade school when the teacher would make you "show your work"? This is essentially the same thing...providing a numerical value and explaining why/how you achieved that value.

I think everyone here is missing the point. This is not a Kyle Busch problem. This is a Toyota problem. Clearly there is some overwhelming advantage leaning there way in all 3 series. NASCAR might need to take a page from IMSA's playbook. The new Ford GT takes the pole at Lemans and 24hrs before the race they add weight and take away boost. After they win Watkins Glen add weight and take boost again. Even took fuel from them and added power to the corvettes just to bring the up to pace.

Come on Sam Hornish won in the 18 car. JGR Xfinity Toyotas have sat on 16 of the 18 poles this year and won 12 of the 18 events.

One vendor still has 4 hotdogs from the first package he opened. The lack of fans attending was dismal.

I changed the channel after the first heat race. 7 laps in, 5 cars dropped out to save money on tires and fuel. I mean why race when they all know the outcome? nascar must think its 'toyoters time" in the sink. On Sunday, 4 out of 5 gibbs cars in the top ten, kensezeth must feel guilty for cheating last week and didnt make the top 12 on purpose. Back to ixfinity, ghost town in the seats, same old results at the finish ( I read it at the bottom of the screen on sports center this morning) Gibbs cars always at the top in ixfinity isnt entertainment, its disguisting to see the same old re-run every Saturday. I'll give Sundays race 40 laps, if its nothing but toyoters in the top 5, I'll turn on something exciting like golf. My favorite races this year were the ones with smoke coming out of the number 18's tailpipe or sparks coming from under it. It's very entertaining to watch him pout and point fingers

I'll give it a 2 because the Brickyard is... cool I guess?

I think everyone here is missing the point. This is not a Kyle Busch problem. This is a Toyota problem. Clearly there is some overwhelming advantage leaning there way in all 3 series. NASCAR might need to take a page from IMSA's playbook. The new Ford GT takes the pole at Lemans and 24hrs before the race they add weight and take away boost. After they win Watkins Glen add weight and take boost again. Even took fuel from them and added power to the corvettes just to bring the up to pace.

Come on Sam Hornish won in the 18 car. JGR Xfinity Toyotas have sat on 16 of the 18 poles this year and won 12 of the 18 events.
Hey, fellow South Carolinian! Welcome aboard. I've used the handle 'Palmetto' on a couple of forums over the years.

Gods, please, no 'Balance of Performace' like the sport car series have. This isn't a Toyota problem, it's a Ford and Chevy problem. They need to go back to the drawing boards, at least to admittedly limited extent manufacturers are allowed to do that these days.

Reactions: sdj
This is the issue. It isn't cup drivers stinking up the show, it's that certain teams especially one in particular bring Cup level (in development and attention to detail, not in the horsepower sense) equipment to a feeder series.
Yeah, Nascar should make a rule against being very good. Only mediocre teams and mediocre drivers are allowed. That would fix things!!!

Like Charlie said, it's not a Toyota problem, it's a Ford and Chevy problem.

Yeah, Nascar should make a rule against being very good. Only mediocre teams and mediocre drivers are allowed. That would fix things!!!

Like Charlie said, it's not a Toyota problem, it's a Ford and Chevy problem.

It's a FEEDER series. Costs need to be under control. When you have Cup teams out spending the other guys at a rapid pace then that's what gets us into this situation. You can't just tell the other teams to "catch up". They aren't outfitted the same was as Joe Gibbs Racing, don't have anywhere near the money nor the support. It's like the Yankees showing up to play ball against your town high school.

It's a FEEDER series. Costs need to be under control. When you have Cup teams out spending the other guys at a rapid pace then that's what gets us into this situation. You can't just tell the other teams to "catch up". They aren't outfitted the same was as Joe Gibbs Racing, don't have anywhere near the money nor the support. It's like the Yankees showing up to play ball against your town high school.
There is no way to control what these people can or will spend. Haemorraging cash is endemic to auto racing and it always has been. Those with the cash go faster than those with less.

Either refuse their entry forms or don't. It's that simple.

Maybe the race would've been better without the bull****t heat races.
Brian needs to put the gimmicks to rest and focus on racing.
They made it better, just because they made it shorter.

There is no way to control what these people can or will spend. Haemorraging cash is endemic to auto racing and it always has been. Those with the cash go faster than those with less.

Either refuse their entry forms or don't. It's that simple.
Salary cap is the only option. On one hand it would allow smaller teams to be on more level ground with the larger teams, but on the other hand it would reduce the amount of innovation. Even with that said, since so much stuff in regards to setups is mandated by NASCAR the amount of innovation is currently minimal. I hate the idea of a salary cap if innovation is possible, but love it if NASCAR is turned into a true spec series. This sport is currently in-between both options and the time is nigh for them to determine which direction to move forward.

Back
Top Bottom