rate

1 being the worst 10 being the best

i rate it a 8 it was great

I rate it a 7!

2points for it being raceing seasin finaly and 5 points because it was not much of an exciting race after the big one.

People get what they ask for. They were sick of having them race in one huge pack, so NASCAR changes the tires so only the best handling cars can run up front and people still complain. Amazing.

Where was the pack? My god, what has NASCAR done to my RP races?

It was a 6 or a 7... up until the big one... from that point on was a 1 or a 2...

so give it a 4....

Originally posted by Happy29@Feb 15 2004, 06:47 PM

Where was the pack? My god, what has NASCAR done to my RP races?
It was because of the new tire compound and the lack of cautions.

I'd give the race a 7 myself.

Originally posted by Parkfan@Feb 15 2004, 06:44 PM
People get what they ask for. They were sick of having them race in one huge pack, so NASCAR changes the tires so only the best handling cars can run up front and people still complain. Amazing.
Agreed.

I'll give it a 6. We had the big scary wreck and bone-head moves that we only seem to see at plate tracks.
After the "Big One" I thought we were going to see some racing, but everybody lined up single file and ran in order for 100 laps. Very little passing and not a lot of drama. It was a 2 car race for 100 laps.

There ain't no satisfying some people. I'd call it an 8 1/2, approaching a 9. Dominant cars were up front all race long. The back markers were just that. Pretty good rules package for Daytona I'd say!!

Oh yeah, Jr won..............and without Mikey!! Guess that will shoot some holes in a few people's theories. :)

Exactly DE, go to a cookie cutter track like Texas or Vegas and you have the same thing, Ist place 3sec. ahead of second and 5th place over 1/2 lap down. And they call it racing. they don't want big packs and they didn't like single file.

I give the race a :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I honestly liked it better this year than the last few. Seems like the drivers did have a little input into what the cars could do anyway.

I give it a seven. If only ol' Kurt wouldnt have been lapped...it might have been a different ending. ;)

Yeah, you're most likely right on that 97!! But, I think 1st and 2nd probably would have remained the same............I don't think Scott would have had his impressive 3rd though! I got to give it to Busch, he drove a smart race all day.......a welcome change for Kurt too!! :cheers:

<_< I think you slipped a joke in there somewhere Wrangler... :p

And I nearly forgot to mention Wimmer! He did a great job and hopefully he can move passed his little incident of a few weeks back. I hope so, he seems like a good guy.

No joke there 97. Kurt really ran good all day long. I just don't think he had a car could have passed Tony or Jr..........he could damned sure run with them though! :cheers:

:cheers: I was tickled to see it! Biffle was strong as well for a good while. I think the car brands will be a little more even this year than last. :)

Well Kevin Harvick did a great job today in finishing fourth, again congratulations to Dale Earnhardt Jr, very emotional victory, his father would've loved this and I'm pretty sure the Intimidator is looking down on Daytona and smiling right now.

I hate it for Greg Biffle, Robby Gordon, Ryan Newman and Michael Waltrip these guys had great cars throughout speedweeks and got caught in wrecks or had some mishaps.

Just one thing though, they need to find some way to bring the pack together, I mean, the racing was spread out all day and that really really sucked. I want the $3.00 I spent for my recording tape back !

Originally posted by Happy29@Feb 15 2004, 05:26 PM
Well Kevin Harvick did a great job today in finishing fourth, again congratulations to Dale Earnhardt Jr, very emotional victory, his father would've loved this and I'm pretty sure the Intimidator is looking down on Daytona and smiling right now.

I hate it for Greg Biffle, Robby Gordon, Ryan Newman and Michael Waltrip these guys had great cars throughout speedweeks and got caught in wrecks or had some mishaps.

Just one thing though, they need to find some way to bring the pack together, I mean, the racing was spread out all day and that really really sucked. I want the $3.00 I spent for my recording tape back !
I really don't want to start anything. but most people think that breaking up the big pack will make it safer and I have to agree. as exciting as it is to see all the cars running 2 &3 wide and packed together, it just is asking for trouble. I just assume see the faster cars break away kinda like today in the later part of this race.

I'd give it a 3.2.

But only because it was the first "race" of the year. I don't really consider it a "race" unless you actually have passing without help.

What drama we had watching Tony Stewart chasing Junior down for the last 15 laps or so knowing there was no way in hell he could catch him -_-

Kinda like the old days huh racer8? Only about 25 mph slower!! :D

I'll give it an 8 because it was a pretty good race for both of my drivers and also for Junior finaly winning the Daytona 500

Man some people here have a rating system of 6 for worst and 10 for best.

I give it a 5, I liked the change.

Ill be happy to get to some real racing next week though.

1. It only wasn't negative because Schrader and Brian at least qualified for it. :(

well all my drivers did not do well at all.

got a 7th out of the 38, so the racing pool i am in, off to a good start. :bounce:

i give it a B) B) B) B) B) B) (at least it was a race)

Originally posted by racer8+Feb 15 2004, 08:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (racer8 @ Feb 15 2004, 08:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Happy29@Feb 15 2004, 05:26 PM

I really don't want to start anything. but most people think that breaking up the big pack will make it safer and I have to agree. as exciting as it is to see all the cars running 2 &3 wide and packed together, it just is asking for trouble. I just assume see the faster cars break away kinda like today in the later part of this race. [/b][/quote]
But, while breaking up the big pack you have the front few cars staying in line to get away from the rest of the field. While doing that, there is no racing between them, and that makes the race a snoozer until someone in the back of the pack forgets to put his turn signal on and check all his mirrors (LOL) before changing lanes.

Originally posted by 88crewfan@Feb 15 2004, 11:41 PM
rate the race
What audacity !!!!!! Rate the race ?????? That was NOT a "race". That was an extertainment extravaganza.

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. deserves to be congratulated for finishing first in NASCAR's most recent attempt at entertainment.

Get a grip folks. THIS WAS NOT RACING !!!!!!! It was entertainment. Nothing more. The real racing begins this next weekend at Rockingham and continues until Talledega. It then takes a one week break for that entertainment extravaganza and then goes back to real racing and serious competition.

As far as rating it as a race, give it a "one".

A misnomer at best but the only reason for giving it a "one" was the similarity of starting the event with a green flag and ending it with a checkers flag. Other than that there was little to no similarity to the actual competition of speed known as "racing".

More like dodge'em cars at the local amusement park.

Like ol Sterling says. "Takem ol spoilers off da back and lets go!" That my friends would definetly break up the packs. :lol:

I don't see where anything has changed here.....most of you think Nascar suceeded in breaking up the Pack. The big wreck broke up the pack, it took out nearly 10 very competitive cars . Without the big wreck there would have been the huge pack at the end racing for the checker. Nascar accomplished nothing the new tire compound for Daytona didn't really factor in the results. The changes that will come at Vegas, when they run the softer tire compound will have a huge impact IMO. Like Sterling said let them take the spoiler down to next to nothing, get rid of the plates ,and cut the amount of front spoiler they can run, then you will see racing. Like Whizzer said this was just a meager attempt at entertainment at best...i give it a 2.

Congrats to Junior and all jis fans. For those of you i give it a 10. But I agree with harvick boring as Hell!!!!---3. I didnt see much racing after they broke off into small packs.

didn't think it was much of a race myself. Maybe a 3 or a 4, but that's about all. Still the same old thing for the most part. Accidents because of bunching up, most can't pass without help, don't get out of line or you will lose a bunch of positions. Look at the truck races where they don't have the aero and restrictor plates and they should get a idea on what the cars should be. Don't understand why the trucks have a hard time myself. That is usuall some pretty good racing.

Whizz ,myself , Paul and a few others had a thread going about the plate issue last year if you remember. It got quite heated and was a great thread IMO. This entire subject has been beaten to death,but i love talking about it. Controversy for sure, but Nascar continues to avoid "fixing" the problem they just continue to put a band aid on it. The drivers hate it, the fans don't like it (maybe some of the newbies who don't understand it completely, like it), and i doubt the sponsors enjoy it much when their cars are torn up in a huge wreck. That big one yesterday took out Sterling, who in my opinion had the best car to beat Jr. Also Newman ,Mikey,and some others that had a chance got wrecked. I really feel if Nascar were to cut the rear spoilers down 2".the front brought up an 1"-11/2" then give them a smaller carb so they wouldn't develop 750bhp...say 550-600 they would have much better racing. They would keep the speed around 195-200, they would have to also lift in the corner most likely without the added downforce. Nascar won't do this because the excitement of the big pack and the "big one " is appealing to new fans. This is hurting the sport,it is just a matter of time before a huge wreck either disables a prominent driver or kills him. Nascar needs to wake up before it is too late. :angry:

I give the action itself a 6, however, i'd give the coverage a big fat zero! From the way the race was called, you'd think there were 4 guys in the race and no others. Did anyone know that there was a rookie in the race named Brendan Gaughan? He was the darlin' of speedweeks and was on about every show you can name...however, when it came raceday, I wasn't even sure if he showed up because they didn't cover him at all. They also neglected to mention most of the other drivers...until they wrecked out. Pretty crappy.

:yawner: :bleh: -_- -_- -_-

In other words, a typical plate fiasco. 0.2 is all I can give it.

Back
Top Bottom