Should Tony Stewart be fined?

I think Tony needs to take the hair, frame it, and every day when he wakes up look at it and say: I need to be in the top 12, I need to be in the top 12. ah oooooommm

I think the line was set long ago with Edwards antics. I can't see where what occurred on Sunday even comes close to those times.

After the Edwards demolition derby, I thought there would be a dead driver (or fan/fans) in just a few years. Thankfully I was wrong but I do think it will happen some day. Sunday's final lap was nothing like that. Here's where I stand:

1) The final lap crash was just hard racing.

2) Stewart had no case at all for his tantrum based on his history but the only suitable penalty would be taking away his pass to Golden Corral until he stops looking like 50 lbs of potatoes in a 40 lb bag.

3) The most significant thing about Sunday's race was the fact that the inside wall which DH hit had no SAFER barrier

In this day and age you can get arrested for looking cross-eyed at someone. I think all these petty little play fights in Nascar are foolish. None of these drivers truly think they are going to have themselves a brawl. They ALL know they will be held back and you NEVER hear that they went at it after the cameras are turned off.

I would truly enjoy a real fight.But it's all show. Nascar and the drivers need to give up this aspect of showmanship and just put on a good race. Sunday was a good race. The shenanigans after the race were ridiculous.

After the Edwards demolition derby, I thought there would be a dead driver (or fan/fans) in just a few years. Thankfully I was wrong but I do think it will happen some day. Sunday's final lap was nothing like that. Here's where I stand:

1) The final lap crash was just hard racing.

2) Stewart had no case at all for his tantrum based on his history but the only suitable penalty would be taking away his pass to Golden Corral until he stops looking like 50 lbs of potatoes in a 40 lb bag.

3) The most significant thing about Sunday's race was the fact that the inside wall which DH hit had no SAFER barrier
I totally agree with #1 & #3. I could lose weight myself so I have no comment on #2.

No fine needed Tony punished himself with the display.
And let him have his desired hockey fights, there are plenty of drivers in better shape, with a greater reach. With a few lessons on how to land a punch they would be set, and Tony would go down fast and come up talking like a sweetie.

I would just axes Nascar to take the starch out of a few other things and fully embrace the redneck side. Sunday is evidence of what folks want to see. Screw the boring proper world. We need this kind of hate and passion.

NASCAR has fined drivers for less, they will probably fine him.

I don't think they should fine him, I'd say this is just part of the Have at it deal.

new Nascar fighting rules..
1. you need to be out of the car and have your helmet off
2. Make sure your fight area is clear of crew members. Press is ok, most of them need a good whoopin anyway.
3. no water bottle throwing, but hair pulling and fingernail scratching allowed if it is a woman driver.

new Nascar fighting rules..
1. you need to be out of the car and have your helmet off
2. Make sure your fight area is clear of crew members. Press is ok, most of them need a good whoopin anyway.
3. no water bottle throwing, but hair pulling and fingernail scratching allowed if it is a woman driver.

Don't think NASCAR would ever sancition it like that.

Fighting in NASCAR should be like the bench-clearing "brawls" in baseball. They shove each other a little and yell and their teammates (pit crews) separate them and the bullpen comes running in. And the league shakes their finger at them officially but everybody is kind of secretly okay with it.

Don't think NASCAR would ever sancition it like that.

Fighting in NASCAR should be like the bench-clearing "brawls" in baseball. They shove each other a little and yell and their teammates (pit crews) separate them and the bullpen comes running in. And the league shakes their finger at them officially but everybody is kind of secretly okay with it.
yeah that might work..I still want hair pulling though.:)

So if Tony's actions are ok, then why was Kurt Bush in such hot water for his anger overflow?

So if Tony's actions are ok, then why was Kurt Bush in such hot water for his anger overflow?
Kurt bites the hand that feeds them..the press. He gets too much attention from the press and it takes away from the $how. They like Tony, they don't like Kurt because he won't back down, he is like a pit bull on crack.

What you are supposed to do after you get dumped, loose your points and all your money, is smile when they ask you the stupid question..do you think so and so dumped you on purpose?, and say.."I want to thank Nascar, my sponsors blah blah.we had a good car ad nauseium. Kurt does this... Hell yeah he dumped me, you stupid so an so, didn't you watch the race? That is why I went back out there and ruined his day, he ruined mine....yeah I know they want to see me in the trailer...bwaaaa

And here is the answer:

No penalties from Auto Club Speedway: Kerry Tharp, NASCAR Director of Communications, tweeted Tuesday, "NASCAR will issue no penalties from last weekend's events at [Auto Club Speedway]".(3-26-2013)

What you are supposed to do after you get dumped, loose your points and all your money, is smile when they ask you the stupid question..do you think so and so dumped you on purpose?, and say.."I want to thank Nascar, my sponsors blah blah.we had a good car ad nauseium. Kurt does this... Hell yeah he dumped me, you stupid so an so, didn't you watch the race? That is why I went back out there and ruined his day, he ruined mine....yeah I know they want to see me in the trailer...bwaaaa

No. But you don't threaten a reporter either with all kinds of cameras around.

I believe the incident in question with punch was, Kurt asked/told (depending on which side of the fence you are on) him to get the cameras out of his face..they were standing there in his face and they weren't filming yet. The film was taken by a bystander and picked up by the media. Bunch was the head man of the crew..I didn't see Punch telling the crew to get back in the film clip by the bystander. Hot day also and hot driver. Bush was easy pickins for the press jackals

Eh, I'd just rather see him get wrecked out of the race at Martinsville.

Why is it that every time there is a penalty (or in this case no penalty) , someone has to bring up one case way back when that was handled differently . I think every case has to be handled on its own merits , depending on the history , the body of work and the circumstances .

Why is it that every time there is a penalty (or in this case no penalty) , someone has to bring up one case way back when that was handled differently . I think every case has to be handled on its own merits , depending on the history , the body of work and the circumstances .

I tried to point that out..to the poster also, two sides to every story..kind of a bigger picture kind of thing, like you are saying Ted. you can see the results. Just wreck em and no? surprised that didn't get a burp. looks like the prevailing opinion is stay in the herd..don't think, the press is always right. still fun trying though.:)

Which of Kurt's anger overflows?
And which of Stewheads overflows. His demeanor with the press is as bad or worse than Bush. I would hate to be a reporter who has to interview a smart arse like him. But in my personal opinion, Nascar seems to be very inconsistent with how they handle behavior problems.

And which of Stewheads overflows. His demeanor with the press is as bad or worse than Bush. I would hate to be a reporter who has to interview a smart arse like him. But in my personal opinion, Nascar seems to be very inconsistent with how they handle behavior problems.

you got that right..how do you fix it? you don't, some things you can't fix. The sebring race had a really stupid penalty. The driver didn't do what they said he did..of course 20 20 replay showed it didn't happen, but he sat in the pits for a minute anyway. At least Nascar isn't meddling in the race to that extent. It could be worse. Stewart has spent many minutes in the trailer after the race and he has been fined thousands of dollars, but so have quite a few others also. BTW the press can choose not to interview drivers, but the top five finishers do not get the choice to not be interviewed, Nascar requires it.

The reason Tony tried to fight Joey is stupid, especially since Tony blocks people all the time. But, he shouldn't be fined (and I'm glad he wasn't). People making dumb decisions like Tony make the sport more interesting. :)

Our society has been trained to expect immediate responses and sometimes the emotions in the heat of the moment are quite raw. I really have no problem with the words Tony used. But as I said before, he is the LAST *bleeping* driver who should *bleeping* complain about some punk-azz *bleeping* driver trying to throw a *bleeping* block at the end of a *bleeping* race!

Our society has been trained to expect immediate responses and sometimes the emotions in the heat of the moment are quite raw. I really have no problem with the words Tony used. But as I said before, he is the LAST *bleeping* driver who should *bleeping* complain about some punk-azz *bleeping* driver trying to throw a *bleeping* block at the end of a *bleeping* race!

That is classic. That should be a sticky..just change the name of the driver each week.

Back
Top Bottom