Snoozers

71Fan

Snoozer from Dover.

Snoozer from Fontana.

Hopefully the ASA boys on the low banks of Illiana will at least save the day if not the entire weekend.

I'm looking forward to the ASA race tonight! They always put on a good show. I went to the race at Concord back in the spring. Best race I have ever been to! ASA is good stuff. Nascar needs to pay attention to how they do busines!

After the ASA race Speed is going to show AMA Superbike Race 1 from Barber Motorsports park in Birmingham! This is suppose to be the best road coarse facility in the world. I flew over it recently and It is awesome. Check at least some of that race too. I wouldn't doubt Nascar might show up there some day. No doubt Moto GP bike racing and F1 will be there soon@

I hadn't been able to follow it much once it went to Speed and even tho I now have that, I still find it a bit hard to distinguish one driver from the next.

But that's ok, just love the short track action :D

Just look for the Wolf #52 car (The old man Butch Miller kicks butt). Zywinski is always a threat as well as a bunch of rookies this year and also Steve Garvey!

Not to worry, I'm a bit more in tune to the cars and drivers than that. :D

I remember ASA as the last major series to drop Run What Ya Brung racing. They used to run at Riverside, Calif as a companion event when I was a youngin and tho I can't tell ya who was driving what back then, it was great to see cars that were unrestricted.

Now they are simply a spec car series. Crate motors and bought bodies. Which is ok on the shorites where Oreo Push is not that much of a factor and where tuning, rear-end gears, set-up, and driver moxie and skill is primary.

Why they want to follow NASCAR and ARCA on to the Cookie Cutters is beyond me except that I heard last night that it is to give their drivers some experience. OK by me but as a "long track" thing, spec car racing is a dud. I mean can you imagine watching 40 Legends cars run a track even as short as Richmond? Or how about a 30 race IROC season? Boy does THAT get me excited. NOT.

ASA is the premier short track series in the world. It is some of, if not THE the best stock car racing in the world. It's Saturday Night Short Track Racing at it's very finest and it's STILL on Saturday night.

I for one would prefer not to have another 800 pound gorilla running loose at the zoo.

Wanna watch a good race turn into the IRL race today from Fontana!

Yes the other 2 were boring, i forgot about the ASA race :(

Looks like Czywinski is going to take the ASA points title!

Back
Top Bottom