So, what do you think of Homestead

T

TonyB

Well, at least some of us have seen the truck race.

Now, what do you think of the new track?

I like it! Not flat and boreing with no real racing as in the past. The truck drivers seem to have liked it as well.
Let's see what happens tomorrow and Sunday!

Man, I LIKE it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could see them doing this at Louden!!

Agreed,would be great to see New Hampshire track do a similar configuration,even if it's not as high variable degree banking,it could only be an improvement at that facility IMO ;)

Yeh i like the way they improved it, i said 5 years ago they should have increased the banking at NH to about 14 degrees or so, it would of made for much better racing.

After watching Happy Hour, I like it even more!
With more rubber on the track after today's Busch Race it will be even better tomorrow!

I like it, very fast track with acouple of racing groves.

Nothing special about it, only a slight speed increase with the same old boring single-file marlarkey. I could pulled a better race out of my rear end.

Well, at least theres that football game on tomorrow.

Originally posted by Happy29@Nov 15 2003, 04:23 PM
Nothing special about it, only a slight speed increase with the same old boring single-file marlarkey. I could pulled a better race out of my rear end.

Well, at least theres that football game on tomorrow.
come on happy, I saw passin on the outside, passin on the inside, a huge improvement IMO ;)

I like it. Didn't get to see the Busch race but the Truck race was good. Lots of passing. :D

It's better than it was before, but it still needs a few years of weathering before it has a chance of becoming a great track.

Originally posted by stridsberry@Nov 15 2003, 08:43 PM
It's better than it was before, but it still needs a few years of weathering before it has a chance of becoming a great track.
Agreed, Strides. However I believe that is now sooooo much better than the "cookie cutter" tracks. We shall see what happens on Sunday!

From one of the crappiest tracks, to a fairly good one. Can't wait until the surface weathers a little. So much passing in the first 20 laps of today's race than, I think, in all of last years race.

Homestead is now one of the better tracks on the circuit. Great racing today and next year will be even better. Even the drivers are happy with the track and they showed it with their racing.

New surface, and multiple grooves in its first race. That has never happened before. If the surface allows for multiple grooves after its first race, we are seeing an excellent track in the making here. Imagine next year.

Back
Top Bottom