Some more pics from my race adventure

H

Happy29

Heres when I got a chance to get my 1/24 Cingular Wireless Diecast autographed by Robby Gordon. A pic of him signing some things in his souvenir trailer right before the race

Attachments

• RobbyGsigningautographs.jpg
    RobbyGsigningautographs.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 134
Another One....

Attachments

• RobbyGsigningautos2.jpg
    RobbyGsigningautos2.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 8
A pic of yours truly and current Nextel Cup Rookie of the Year Contender Scott Riggs, yes, Riggs10fan must be jealous and I'm sorry it's blurry, I had my long range lens on at the time and I forgot to put the short range one. The Robby Gordon pics look sharp because I used the short ranges. Well, always next year I guess. :( :)

Attachments

• ScottRiggsandme.jpg
    ScottRiggsandme.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 9
Another unusually blurry pic of Scott Riggs, again silly me for using the long range lens! I apologize to the mods and admins, I'm trying my best to shorten the file sizes of these down as I can.

Attachments

• ScottRiggssigningautographs.jpg
    ScottRiggssigningautographs.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 12
Harvick leads. Two guys heads in the way :angry: :p

Attachments

• RaceHarvicklead.jpg
    RaceHarvicklead.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Slick! :cheers:

Also, check this beauty out! The 1/24 GM Goodwrench 2004 Chevy Diecast I got, also, signed by Kevin at the top.

Attachments

• Diecastpic1.jpg
    Diecastpic1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 12
Again, the pic doesnt do the diecast justice, it's a real sharp diecast !

Attachments

• Kevindiecast3.jpg
    Kevindiecast3.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 14
Holy Canoles.... You mustve had a pretty good time there my friend.

Unless Kevin comes around, I'm lookin' forward to meeting Kyle Busch and Kasey Kahne!

I'm pretty sure Kevin will be around, he usually appears in the souvenir trailers, he also appeared in the Hard Rock Cafe. Of course, I'm not sure if the drivers will make as many appearances as they do in Vegas because of course as previously mentioned, Las Vegas offers the best off-track activities for both fan and driver.

I believe Kyle Busch made an appearance here as well however I couldnt make it to that one unfortunately because it was Thursday and I was loaded up with lots of things that night. Just keep tuned to the newspapers and drivers websites, they'll have their appearances and meet and greet sessions on there.

Last thing, hopefully next time Kevin makes an appearance that the souvenir trailer actually has a line or ticketing system for autographs, I nearly got squished getting Kevin to autograph my hat, it was like being stuck at the bottom of a pool being sat on by five fat guys, I had to struggle my way through the human moshpit that was there.

I got to talk to Kevin, I told him he did a great job during the race and how I thought he was the best, and he gave me a thank you and man, he's really a nice guy to talk to, chilled, relaxed, never seemed stressed at all, he's a fan friendly driver. Then of course, it took me for hell to get out of the human moshpit that surrounded the trailer.

Fans aren't "fans" anymore... have you realized that? I'm sure you did trying to meet Kevin.

Real racing fans are out to see their driver, to meet them, greet them, and always wish them luck throughout the season. The other "fans" are just out to get an autograph, sell it on eBay, and make a profit.

I think it's damn sad.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there were some guys out there that did that and it saddens me also.

They should just step aside and let the real fans get autographs, the real fans are out there, they get sunburned, they stay in traffic for 3+ hours, they spend hundreds of dollars on a certain drivers merchandise and they watch the race either there or on tv every weekend and they do all the above mentioned to meet their favorite driver, if thats not loyalty then I dunno what is.

I cherish ALL my autographs, especially the ones from Kevin. I've met him twice now, and each time it gets better and better. He is by far the coolest driver out there. He has signed my hat, 2002 1/24 diecast, and the 1/24 first win truck. If I have the chance to meet him this year, it would be awesome, but gotta watch out for the money hungry "fans"... they suck.

Back
Top Bottom