Talledega Race Thread

I think NASCAR is editing the radio cause when they told jr. 24 was the leader I( know he said something cause his radio cut out before he could say bullS**t

I hate a finish under caution, but that's how it's going to go :angry: But then again if it's more safe which way is best?

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Jeff_collage.gif
    Jeff_collage.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 109
I wish they could have raced for the finish, but they didn't sooo---congrats to Jeff. :) I know Kat is feeling good!!

I think the debri is the fans way of telling NASCAR green white checkered all the time. The fans pay to much to see a race to see it finish behind a pace car.

Well, most of you will disagree with me, but I don't feel that Tony caused the big one. He went to the inside of the 97 and Kurt tried to block. Not a very good idea.

Oh, and those fans that were throwing beer cans on the track, well, they need to be banned from EVER attending a race at Talladega again. That was completely wrong and in VERY POOR sportsmanship! :angry: :angry: :angry:

CONGRATULATIONS TO JEFF GORDON AND CREW!!!

This is bull... safety of the drivers my eye, should've let em race to the flag. :angry:

Ok, what the hell? NASCAR says with 5 to go will be last they could red flag it. The caution came out with... you guessed it, 5 to go!!! Then ya have a thousand jackasses throwing beer cans on the track. NASCAR could have restarted it, but I guess we can't fight their decision.

I just feel for the poor track guys that have to clean all that crap up now.... I bet have of those idiots throwing cans can't even count to eight.

Originally posted by sgbg88@Apr 25 2004, 05:25 PM
I wish they could have raced for the finish, but they didn't sooo---congrats to Jeff. :) I know Kat is feeling good!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Attachments

• Big_Kitty_Grin_not_with_teeth.jpg
    Big_Kitty_Grin_not_with_teeth.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 94
Agreed Maj and Slick---those people should never be allowed to attend a race again!! That was just stupid!!

Originally posted by sgbg88@Apr 25 2004, 04:35 PM
Agreed Maj and Slick---those people should never be allowed to attend a race again!! That was just stupid!!
Stupid isn't the word for it... they are pure jackasses.

DW agrees, Larry agrees, Mike agrees.. and even Chris Myers called them idiots. Lord, and ya wonder why NASCAR wants to make changes. To keep morons like them away.

how classless, nice talledega fans, and the only thing I'm gonna say about jeff gordon wining is that why I dislike him, trash talking, you know damn good and well jr. would of passed him but oh well on to cali

Congrats to Jeff Gordon for his win and also for stopping DEI's dominance

BOOOYAH! Gordon wins! Its about time someone knocked DEI out of it.

The question though is.... Do NASCAR officials deem the standings from the order of crossing the start/finish or at the point of designated yellow?

Anyway, good job for the 24 crew.

Poor Kerry E. got shafted by Waltrip. I was actually hoping he would do good in this race and land a sponser...

Originally posted by slick-nick+Apr 25 2004, 05:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slick-nick @ Apr 25 2004, 05:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--sgbg88@Apr 25 2004, 04:35 PM
Stupid isn't the word for it... they are pure jackasses.

DW agrees, Larry agrees, Mike agrees.. and even Chris Myers called them idiots. Lord, and ya wonder why NASCAR wants to make changes. To keep morons like them away. [/b][/quote]
You gotta remember where the race was at. :D

I hate it when a race finishes under caution. I would say that's not why the beer cans flew. 60% of the people are JR. fans. Nascar put Jeff Gordon in the lead that I belive that is what those fans was po'ed about.

Originally posted by Gollum@Apr 25 2004, 04:43 PM
I hate it when a race finishes under caution. I would say that's not why the beer cans flew. 60% of the people are JR. fans. Nascar put Jeff Gordon in the lead that I belive that is what those fans was po'ed about.
They shouldn't throw it out on the track like that... its uncalled for.

It's not the drivers fault it happened the way it did, so they should show respect.. not show their ass.

There was a great angle right as the broadcast was closing that was very clear about JG being in the lead, then the wreck....

Open and closed in my opinion.

It's unfortunate not to have a green finish, but it's not always about having the fastest/most dominate car...it's about being in front when the checkers fly....

....heck sometimes the checkers fly before the 'end' of the race! --Mike W. wasn't upset when he won Daytona...

Great job Jeff, way to be there when it matters....

:cheers:

Originally posted by slick-nick+Apr 25 2004, 09:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slick-nick @ Apr 25 2004, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gollum@Apr 25 2004, 04:43 PM
I hate it when a race finishes under caution.&nbsp; I would say that's not why the beer cans flew. 60% of the people are JR. fans. Nascar put Jeff Gordon in the lead that I belive that is what those fans was po'ed about.
They shouldn't throw it out on the track like that... its uncalled for.

It's not the drivers fault it happened the way it did, so they should show respect.. not show their ass. [/b][/quote]
Oh I agree. It was uncalled for. They did show their butts.

Hmmmm and for you people that say NASCAR gives DEI special plates or advantages, well that decision should put that to rest

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Apr 25 2004, 04:48 PM
Hmmmm and for you people that say NASCAR gives DEI special plates or advantages, well that decision should put that to rest
Yeah because Jr definately had an inferrior car. ;)

Originally posted by Gollum@Apr 25 2004, 05:43 PM
Agreed, and I think its safe to assume that 90% of the people that threw the stuff on the track were Junior fans.

Idiots. <_<

Theoretical questions:

Was it a PR move for Nascar to put Jeff Gordon in the lead instead of Junior in order to save their butts from the fans? :lol:

No really, though, besides the idiot fans, this was one of the best plate races I have seen. Actually enjoyed it...

...slightly. :D

Originally posted by Splunge@Apr 25 2004, 02:48 PM
There was a great angle right as the broadcast was closing that was very clear about JG being in the lead, then the wreck....

Open and closed in my opinion.

I agree with the 1st and 2nd places that NASCAR determined.........that very same shot you speak of showed pretty clearly to me that Kevin was in third, not 4th! I'll wait for the "official" results but I think it'll be Harvick 3rd and Johnson 4th when it does. :D

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Apr 25 2004, 04:57 PM
Theoretical questions:

Was it a PR move for Nascar to put Jeff Gordon in the lead instead of Junior in order to save their butts from the fans? :lol:

No really, though, besides the idiot fans, this was one of the best plate races I have seen. Actually enjoyed it...

...slightly. :D
Especially the last 4 or 5 laps when I knew Jr. wouldn't win it.

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 25 2004, 03:59 PM

I agree with the 1st and 2nd places that NASCAR determined.........that very same shot you speak of showed pretty clearly to me that Kevin was in third, not 4th!&nbsp; I'll wait for the "official" results but I think it'll be Harvick 3rd and Johnson 4th when it does. :D
I agree with that too!

Even as a JJ fan, it looked like Kevin had him...

Really, it's spots 8 - on that are going to be 'fun' to figure out!

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Apr 25 2004, 02:54 PM
I think its safe to assume that 90% of the people that threw the stuff on the track were Junior fans.

Idiots. <_<
I wouldn't feel so safe in the assumption about the Jr fans..............I agree with the idiot part though. :D

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 25 2004, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't feel so safe in the assumption about the Jr fans..............I agree with the idiot part though. :D
No, I'm pretty sure it was Jr. fans because it was BEER that was being thrown on the track...(Maybe a couple of Rusty and Sterling fans joined in...)

It was a simple show of driver/product support.

Let's just all be glad the Johnson & Stewart fans kept their cool...imagine, hammers, nails, and 2x4's flying...

or even worse the Scott Wimmer fans heaving dozers over the fence! :eek:

We're just all lucky it wasn't worse!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom