Team by Team at the Break

That is a good point... but imo its part of the reason theyre top. They only have to worry about two cars. One the flip side they have less human resources so for them to be ahead of the game or even on par is pretty impressive. I do think like wrangler said the top 3 are under a blanket... any of them can win any week.
Less human resources? It's Penske for lords sake

1. Penske
2. SHR
3. Hendrick
4. JGR
4. Ganassi
5. Roush
6. RCR

Honestly tho.... the top 4 are under a blanket

Pains me to say that I don't see JGR with the top 3. Not yet.

Lol one bad run gets him around 10th before the problem... still pretty good compared to the bad runs of SHR

One bad run? lmao!
They were 10th/11th most of the race. The 22 was a top 10 car at Darlington, period. Only you could stretch that as them being one of the best cars there.

SHR? The 4 dominated and won, so yea they suck.

If it means anything to this conversation, most teams in the garage are trying to figure out what secret sauce Penske has been using - including HMS and SHR.

Head to head. I am taking Penske right now. No question. If the Chase started tomorrow, I would be worried about Joey. No way I would say that at the beginning of the year. No way. I think he is a major force right now. Might even think of him as the favorite.

If the Chase started tomorrow, I think Harvick would run away with it. As of right now Joey has nothing on Harvick.

I think Penske is definitely top dog at this point. I'm a little surprised that HMS has been winless since the Daytona 500, but they've run well. SHR has two cars in the Chase, but unless they find some consistency I think they'll be a non-factor once it starts. JGR is running just OK, they seem to have taken a big step back from last year. RFR seems to be about where they've been the last couple years. Most improved team has to be Ganassi.

With the new chase you don't need consistency as long as you grab a win in each chase round. That is all it takes to move forward. Win 1 of 4 and crap out the other 3.

One bad run? lmao!
They were 10th/11th most of the race. The 22 was a top 10 car at Darlington, period. Only you could stretch that as them being one of the best cars there.

SHR? The 4 dominated and won, so yea they suck.
When did I say he was one of the bes cars at Darlington.... that was the bad run lol..the only time since Daytona he actually would have run to a poor finish and had mechanical issues anyway... which was probably the only reason he ran so poorly.... at least when Im talking about Joey or Brad are running poorly its for 10th... Compared to when SHR has handling issues or speed issues theyre running 20th or worse... That's my point. Were talking about teams... not drivers.. and sorry but your only as strong as your weakest link... not sure if that link is the one in Tony's leg rod or the one in his 10 car.

Last edited:
With the new chase you don't need consistency as long as you grab a win in each chase round. That is all it takes to move forward. Win 1 of 4 and crap out the other 3.
True, now you don't have to be good all the time, you just have to be good at the right time.

True, now you don't have to be good all the time, you just have to be good at the right time.
Still... it takes a champion to be able to step up and be the best when the pressure is on. They still have to be the best that day when everyone knows what is on the line. I think to be able to step up like that will make whoever it may be completely deserving of the prestige that comes with it.

If it means anything to this conversation, most teams in the garage are trying to figure out what secret sauce Penske has been using - including HMS and SHR.

Been thinkin the same thing . Last time that happened , Brad went from Champion to not making the chase in one inspection .

Been thinkin the same thing . Last time that happened , Brad went from Champion to not making the chase in one inspection .
To be clear, I'm not implying Penske is being accused of cheating (no more so than any team "cheats"). But they clearly figured something out first. By the end of the season, I would be surprised if they were still considered the gold standard, but, I do think they are now, early on.

To be clear, I'm not implying Penske is being accused of cheating (no more so than any team "cheats"). But they clearly figured something out first. By the end of the season, I would be surprised if they were still considered the gold standard, but, I do think they are now, early on.

That's a very fine line Allen. When you figure something out first , it doesn't mean that Nascar will rule in your favor when they figure it out .Teams always think they are inventive and ahead of the pack in technology , only to have Nascar interpret it differently. I agree though that they can't keep it a secret very long and yes ,whatever they have ,some idiot will call it 'cheating'.

When did I say he was one of the bes cars at Darlington.... that was the bad run lol...

Right here...
Simple...have you seen a race this year yet that both of them haven't been one of the best cars in? I haven't ...

You made that post after Darlington so one could only assume you were including Darlington in your claim that both Penske cars have been one of the best cars at every race. :idunno:

Back
Top Bottom