testing, if you want to start a cup team??

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
so lets say someone wants to start up a cup team. We have this testing ban in place right now. Would this preclude a new team who has never competed from buying some cup cars and engines and going to a track here or there and giving a driver a chance to get comfortable in the car or with the team?? What happens if a driver say one that has a good deal of money wants to get into cup racing. They want to get some seat time so they can get approved to run the bigger tracks. I know some will say trucks or nationwide. Does the testing ban hamper new teams from coming into the sport.

so lets say someone wants to start up a cup team. We have this testing ban in place right now. Would this preclude a new team who has never competed from buying some cup cars and engines and going to a track here or there and giving a driver a chance to get comfortable in the car or with the team?? What happens if a driver say one that has a good deal of money wants to get into cup racing. They want to get some seat time so they can get approved to run the bigger tracks. I know some will say trucks or nationwide. Does the testing ban hamper new teams from coming into the sport.

I'd say so. No testing. None. Nada.....Except for the test today, I think another one this month, then another one in January in Vegas. Other than that. No. NO TESTING!!!

If you are not registered as a team at the time of the testing it does not apply to you.
I thought the testing ban starts Jan 01/2015

The testing ban went into effect at the conclusion of the 2014 season with the checkered @ Homestead and it applies to everyone across all three series. New or not.

The testing ban went into effect at the conclusion of the 2014 season with the checkered @ Homestead and it applies to everyone across all three series. New or not.
If you are not apart of Nascar and you have the money to rent a track, they can't stop.

Is the testing ban just for tracks on the schedule? I recall during the last testing ban teams would test at other tracks.

Start a cup team?

upload_2014-12-10_14-26-15.jpeg

The testing ban doesn't hamper a soul. If you are stupid enough to start racing at the cup level without any experience with a new driver, you had better have more money than sense.

All tracks. On and off the schedule. Anywhere.
Teams with a 7-poster and data acquired over the years can simulate track testing, at least for suspension components. That gives the big teams an advantage.

Wasn't JGR at first just some famous, rich football guy trying his hands at NASCAR with no experience?

Not quite true , I don't think . If memory serves , the Gibbs family had two loves , football and racing . It wasn't until Joe's football career was winding down that he had time to get into racing with his boys . I'm sure someone here knows the history.

Teams with a 7-poster and data acquired over the years can simulate track testing, at least for suspension components. That gives the big teams an advantage.

I'm sure that the teams and Nascar are constantly doing cost /benefit analyses on everything . Nascar track testing , non Nascar track testing , seven post testing , wind tunnel testing , etc. , etc ., . There may not be a huge benefit v/s the cost in any one of them , but if one other team is doing it , then everybody has to . I think they will all be happier if Nascar forces them to cut back on this stuff .

A 7-poster is just another tool in the box, like a CNC machine or waterjet machine to make parts. I don't think NASCAR can dictate what is in the shop.

I have a great idea why don't we all here at RF throw in .50 when we have enought start our own NASCAR team they did it with bit coins last year why can't we do it..... How hard could it be?

yeah I saw all that testing, to me it looks like even more testing than they have ever had. It looks to me like what they did was get rid of the non raced at track testing. They have expanded the goodyear tire test to include lots of teams, maybe all?? I don't understand why they don't just let the teams come to the track a day early. let them run all the telemetry stuff on the car on thursday. then all that stuff is put away for the normal friday routine. I also never understood why they don't allow more testing at charlotte, all the teams are next door and there is way way less expense to letting them test at charlotte.

I have a great idea why don't we all here at RF throw in .50 when we have enought start our own NASCAR team they did it with bit coins last year why can't we do it..... How hard could it be?

I'll drive as my contribution .

Back
Top Bottom