Texas Bonehead Of The Race

Working from the penalty reports,

Feb 27 California - #19 (on track)
Mar 12 Phoenix 1 - #10 (on track)
Apr 16 Martinville 1 - #78 (on track)
May 29 Charlotte 1 - #34 (on track)
Jun 25 Nashville - #45 (in pits)
Sep 16 Bristol 2 - #78 (in pits) (second time this year)
Sep 24 Texas 2 - #3 (on track), #51 (on track)

Jun 25 to Sep 16 looks like almost 3 months to me, by the way.
Well, that's seven chances just this year for someone to get killed. My guess is you could go back the last twenty years of the five lug wheel and not find seven total.

I've watched wheels fly off other cars in other series with single lugs for years and years. It's just that with fewer and shorter races and the lack of audience, it happens less often, when it does, it often goes unnoticed. How many people are watching the Rolex 24 at 3 AM like I am?
I've seen 5 lug and 1 lug wheels come off.

I've seen 5 lug and 1 lug wheels come off.
As have I, but like I said, it's like finding a unicorn. As far as NASCAR, Dale Jr, 2004. Got any others? Leaving the pits before an attempt to tighten the wheels is even made, (Dale Sr, David Pearson etc.) don't count in my book. That's a far cry from seven this year and God knows how many last year.

I have no reason to care to, it's frivolous. It's here and now reality..and that will change also on the car, already has.
You don't care about it, but you take the time to tell me I'm wrong. If you are going to jump into a conversation, make a case. I am smart enough to know that nothing will change, but if you screw up in my presence and won't at least concede the possibility of a mistake, I'm going to keep sticking up your tailpipe until I'm no longer on the planet. That's my single biggest issue with NASCAR. They are do damn arrogant, they NEVER admit a mistake. Everything is either quietly changed, obfuscated or made someone else's fault. I have little use and zero respect for people like that.

As have I, but like I said, it's like finding a unicorn. As far as NASCAR, Dale Jr, 2004. Got any others? Leaving the pits before an attempt to tighten the wheels is even made, (Dale Sr, David Pearson etc.) don't count in my book. That's a far cry from seven this year and God knows how many last year.
Selective memory is a fine thing, unicorns everywhere

You don't care about it, but you take the time to tell me I'm wrong. If you are going to jump into a conversation, make a case. I am smart enough to know that nothing will change, but if you screw up in my presence and won't at least concede the possibility of a mistake, I'm going to keep sticking up your tailpipe until I'm no longer on the planet. That's my single biggest issue with NASCAR. They are do damn arrogant, they NEVER admit a mistake. Everything is either quietly changed, obfuscated or made someone else's fault. I have little use and zero respect for people like that.
I don't waste time to tell you you are wrong. I state what is, you take it personal. That is your problem not mine.

The 24 team, early in the '95 World 600.

Kurt Busch right off the top of my head and most of the tires that were loose leaving the pits this year ended up stuffed under the car, under caution

Did you get denied a license or something? I've never seen somebody with such a hard on for a Sanctioning body.

Kurt Busch right off the top of my head and most of the tires that were loose leaving the pits this year ended up stuffed under the car, under caution
That's yet another point, I'm pretty sure this isn't planned, but many times the nut flies off, and then the wheel or something cuts the tire and by that time the wheel speed is so low that the assembly is basically harmless compared to an intact wheel and tire with the old system that rolls and sometimes passes the car on the track.

Selective memory is a fine thing, unicorns everywhere

One cup, the other the Truck series, and the last two Xfinity. Of which three were lost in the pits and not the track. By the way, the pictures cover almost twenty years. If that is all ya got... well.

I've asked this bunch who missed the rapture to lend a hand to the children of Ft. Worth brother Greg. I know their ju ju is weak, but it is the best I can do on short notice.

Arlington gets slighted again..

One cup, the other the Truck series, and the last two Xfinity. Of which three were lost in the pits and not the track. By the way, the pictures cover almost twenty years. If that is all ya got... well.
You've missed my point, it doesn't matter if the pits have 5 shots at it or one. Who cares.

Here is another interesting fact that is hardly ever mentioned by the critical crew. Harvick wouldn't have finished in first if this contact was made a lap earlier. Way more cars finish the races now than when they were running the old car.

Here is another interesting fact that is hardly ever mentioned by the critical crew. Harvick wouldn't have finished in first if this contact was made a lap earlier. Way more cars finish the races now than when they were running the old car.

Your opinion not fact lost my interest at "if"...

I'll make it simple enough so you can grasp it. The old car was fragile, prone to bent sheetmetal and cut tires. FACT.
While I always hated seeing that and am glad they don't cut tires like that anymore, at the same time part of me actually liked that aspect of it. I always kind of thought that was how it should be. Having to worry about and manage that added an extra layer of difficulty to the Cup Series vs Xfinity and Trucks etc, which is how it should be IMO. It's the top level of Nascar and should be harder.

While I always hated seeing that and am glad they don't cut tires like that anymore, at the same time part of me actually liked that aspect of it. I always kind of thought that was how it should be. Having to worry about and manage that added an extra layer of difficulty to the Cup Series vs Xfinity and Trucks etc, which is how it should be IMO. It's the top level of Nascar and should be harder.
I like the contact and that is also the way they went. To each his own. This new car is harder to drive...I like that a hell of a lot, it should be hard to drive.

I like the contact and that is also the way they went. To each his own. This new car is harder to drive...I like that a hell of a lot, it should be hard to drive.
I do too, just that is what I always told myself to justify it back then. It should be harder. It made it harder. Now it is still harder, but in different ways and doesn't have that issue.
At the same time however while I like the contact, I liked that that provided them with a penalty of sorts for moves like Hamlin did on Larson a while back etc. A bump and run was still fine, but running over someone from inside them would ruin your day too.

Back
Top Bottom