The NBA

Just when the Mavericks were on top! Note to Mark Cuban: Keep Nelly as your coach! Don't screw up a good thing! He wants to keep coaching, let him!:)

I follow the NBA about as closely as I follow the Stars On Ice Professional Figure Skating crap. Which is to say, not at all. Thugdom abounds. I admire David Robinson, and Tim Duncan seems OK, and Dirk Nospellinhislastname I can abide....that's about it.

You are more than welcome TWF. Have a great Christmas and a wonderful new year!

It is more like professional wrestling every day. The outcome is determined, the whole thing seems scripted, the officiating is useless, etc.

After they screwed Sacramento in the Western Conference finals, I lost most of what very little interest I had left. They wanted LA in the finals and they got it. It cracks me up that now they tout the Lakers as one of the greatest teams ever. But, they wouldn't even be defending champs if the referees hadn't stopped calling fouls on Shaq so they could win. They even allowed last second shots that clearly were way after the buzzer to ensure a Laker win. It is a complete joke.

Too many young kids in the league who are not ready. But every league go through tough times. They've also out priced themselves, you can see it in attendence figures across the country. I don't get the thug comments one bit. Plenty of good guys in the league, Garnett, Duncan, Nash, Finley, Davis, Carter, Stockton, Malone, Miller, to name a few.
Not everyone is as corrupt as Michael Jordan or Alan Iverson. Not everyone is as uneducated as Shaq.

gopher, please don't forget that Shaq graduated from LSU! He is a college graduate. (lol):D

Yes Majestyx you are correct. Don't think i'll comment anymoreon that though ;)

Just saw on the news, Tracey McGrady had Iran Brown down in Orlando for Christmas. Mcgrady is Brown's favorite player. Now who is Brown? He is the little boy who was the 8th victim from the DC sniper. McGrady gave him a signed jersey, tickets to the game, spent the day with him, and is having his family stay in Orlando for Christmas. Disney World is their next stop.

So not everyone is a thug.

:)

Not too many worse teams right now than my beloved Cavs

I don't recall TNW saying that they were all thugs. I also agree with him that there are quite a few of them in the league. Every sport is laden with them, but it seems like the NBA has more than their fair share......... JMO

Hope Santa was good to everyone and that most of you have LESS snow than we got last night & tonight.

:rolleyes:

Fair enough. I just think the media tends to report the negatives and not the positves. Thankfully I know the Wolves have some great guys on their team. KG, Wally and the guys are great off the court. :)

KG and Wally don't get along too well though. Especially on the court.

Back
Top Bottom