The President

Okay, I think that is enough.

You may not have started it, but you sure took an attitude. Another cross word out of any of you and this thread is history. ;)

just want to add my 2 cents.

Mr. Bush is a good man. It might not have been his idea to go to the race, maybe he was invited. He might not be the birghest man, but to me he is better then dean and kerry.

Kerry said in rolling stone something like "bush fu&^ed it all up" and now hes leading in the polls.

something not right with that,

so i might be the olny one on here saying this but 4 MORE YEARS, 4 MORE YEARS

I have so much to say, but this thread needs to be moved to another forum area. :unsure:

That's what I tried to say. Political opinion needs to stay out of this forum. It just leads you down a dead end road every time.

the reason there is no hat removing is because the president is not a king. The whole "revere your leader as a direct descendent of God was the whole reason this country was founded. That's why we don't bow down or take off hats...the president is a leader of the people, by the people,not a tyrant.

Originally posted by esorlxaw@Feb 16 2004, 11:46 AM
the reason there is no hat removing is because the president is not a king. The whole "revere your leader as a direct descendent of God was the whole reason this country was founded. That's why we don't bow down or take off hats...the president is a leader of the people, by the people,not a tyrant.
I agree. But try that in front of your local court judge and see how the baliff's handle it.

If I go to court I'm going to be on my best behavior anyway. Besides it is indoors and I was taught to remove my hat when indoors. That has become a lost art anymore, but outdoors I don't think that most are too worried about removing their hats except maybe at weddings and funerals.

yeah, you probably wouldn't want to wear a hat to court in the first place. Of course, the uniform at NASCAR races is a fire suit and helmet (hat in lieu of helmet), thus you wouldn't want to break decorum at work, right? When the boss comes in, you should look the way you're supposed to look...when the big boss comes, you should really look the way you're supposed to look.

The day I let a Canadian tell me how to react to my President will be the day they carry me out toes up. Quit worrying about what we do and concentrate on deciding which language you want to speak and whether it's OK for a parent to spank his child. Until then, adieu.

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Feb 16 2004, 01:29 PM
The day I let a Canadian tell me how to react to my President will be the day they carry me out toes up. Quit worrying about what we do and concentrate on deciding which language you want to speak and whether it's OK for a parent to spank his child. Until then, adieu.
Watch it! thats all I'm gonna say. If you have a problem with canadian's keep it to your fu*kin self cause I am damn proud I am NOT american!

Originally posted by nascarfan48+Feb 18 2004, 10:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nascarfan48 @ Feb 18 2004, 10:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--EatMorePossum@Feb 16 2004, 01:29 PM
The day I let a Canadian tell me how to react to my President will be the day they carry me out toes up.&nbsp; Quit worrying about what we do and concentrate on deciding which language you want to speak and whether it's OK for a parent to spank his child.&nbsp; Until then, adieu.
Watch it! thats all I'm gonna say. If you have a problem with canadian's keep it to your fu*kin self cause I am damn proud I am NOT american! [/b][/quote]
And you can just chill it out right now, too!

sure I cant bash your country but he can bash mine, enough said I am done!

Originally posted by nascarfan48@Feb 18 2004, 10:54 AM
Suit yourself. But I think you are overreacting. The entire thread started out with the person stating that they weren't American, and proceeded to post his distaste for the guys not removing their hats in the presence of the President of the United States. EMP just generalized that the person was Canadian. He was NOT talking to YOU directly, as you didn't make the post!

Originally posted by majestyx+Feb 18 2004, 12:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Feb 18 2004, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nascarfan48@Feb 18 2004, 10:54 AM
Suit yourself. But I think you are overreacting. The entire thread started out with the person stating that they weren't American, and proceeded to post his distaste for the guys not removing their hats in the presence of the President of the United States. EMP just generalized that the person was Canadian. He was NOT talking to YOU directly, as you didn't make the post! [/b][/quote]
Well put but when the post i was directing to was a disgusting comment about my country, I apoligive if it was forward just dont see why the person in question needed to be so rude? and why they are allowed to post comments not get in trouble and I post a comment and get yelled at, just didnt make sense that Canada in general needs to be the butt of the joke.

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Feb 16 2004, 01:29 PM
To me doesnt seems right, but than again I am not running this so by all meens bash canada were the crutch for your humor!

Sorry I apolgive again I will give up on the subject. You know where I stand, I know where you are lets start talking about racing again. :)

Originally posted by nascarfan48@Feb 18 2004, 11:45 AM

Watch it! thats all I'm gonna say. If you have a problem with canadian's keep it to your fu*kin self cause I am damn proud I am NOT american!
Judging from what I've seen so far, so are we.

If you think for one second my earlier comments were directed at you, you are mistaken. But if the shoe fits, wear it.

One more thing and I am done with this mess. Bring them threats down to Dixie sometime. We'll see how long it lasts.

Originally posted by EatMorePossum+Feb 18 2004, 02:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EatMorePossum @ Feb 18 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nascarfan48@Feb 18 2004, 11:45 AM

Judging from what I've seen so far, so are we.

If you think for one second my earlier comments were directed at you, you are mistaken. But if the shoe fits, wear it.

One more thing and I am done with this mess. Bring them threats down to Dixie sometime. We'll see how long it lasts. [/b][/quote]
I told you I was done, I apolgize and u still ride my as*!

Back
Top Bottom