Thoughts on Robbie Gordon

R

racerx11

Robbie is a talented driver and shows respect to his fans and other drivers. I do not agree with his philosiphy to race everbody hard all the time. I believe this is what causes him problems in NASCAR. He has had success in other forms of racing such as IRL and off road racing. He also does well on road courses. Perhaps if RCR had some veteran drivers for Robbie to learn from he could learn to save some equipment for the end of the race. He does race pretty clean. He just can not seem to avoid the bad luck situations.If he wouldn't run so hard all the time, maybe he could be there in the end like Bobby Labonte or Matt Kenseth always seem to be.

On the other hand, If everbody saved there equipment like Bobby Labonte or Mark Martin, NASCAR would be like watching traffic flow smoothly down the interstate.

Robbie has to deal with his own problem first. He is to stubborn, and will sooner or later crap in his own mess kit. Maybe he should have a long hard talk with Tony Stewart, and Kurt Bush. B)

What, get a lesson in patience from one of those to? That would be good.

Some people are cut out for stock cars and some are not............I think Robby falls in the latter catagory. He occassionally shows moments of brilliance.......they ruins it when he tries it again. :) You just can't race a stock car like you race an open wheel or off road vehicle.....it's a different animal and for some reason Robby hasn't figured it out yet. I just don't see him in NASCAR in five years.....same assessment I have of Casey Mears.

I kinda like "the other Gordon" but he may have over extended himself with all the series he races in.

Ole Richard made a buy with a sponser on that deal. I agree Robby will be a road course filler in the next 5 years. ;)

My thoughts on him aren't fit to be printed. The sooner he runs off somewhere the better. Sad part is, he's my favorite RCR driver.

I didn't care much for Robbie when he first came to RCR. He's still not one of my top picks but he's ok. There are a bunch out there a lot worst.

Back
Top Bottom