TONY WON!!!!

Happy for Tony and Lisa :D Looks like he'll pull a Kyle Busch and make the chase.

I suddenly want Tony to win the championship the same way Kyle did. Maybe NASCAR will finally scrap this crap and give us something a little more realistic.

Or maybe they can find a way to give it to Karsyn .That'd be cool.

Reactions: Pat
Happy to see him get at least one more before he's done, hoping he can back to back at Daytona with his history in that race and such.

I understand. All Mr. Scott has to do now is win a race.

Seems a relatively simple matter.

I'm very happy for Tony. I don't think it's a "given" that he finishes top-30 in points...but he probably will.

That said, he won't be a real factor in the Chase. Nice for him to be in the Chase in his retirement year but his cars haven't shown enough to be a contender for wiining the whole deal.

I was very glad that he in, in part because I didn't want Hamlin to win. I'm still not a fan of the waiver for injuries from a non Nascar racing incident though. Hopefully he will be able to get in the top 30 in points.

I'm very happy for Tony. I don't think it's a "given" that he finishes top-30 in points...but he probably will.

That said, he won't be a real factor in the Chase. Nice for him to be in the Chase in his retirement year but his cars haven't shown enough to be a contender for wiining the whole deal.
That's what everyone said about Gordon last year. He brought it when it mattered, tony can do the same

That's what everyone said about Gordon last year. He brought it when it mattered, tony can do the same
It's also what everyone said about Tony in 2011, including Tony himself. All he did that year was win five races - all in the Chase - and the championship. (However, age 40 in 2011 is obviously different from age 45 in 2016.)

How is it reality? It should be somewhat challenging to make the chase and it's not. Brian Scott is 30th in points

Brian Scott gets a lucky win at Daytona and he's suddenly in the chase. That'd be like the NFL telling the Cleveland Browns that if they can somehow beat New England in the regular season, they are automatically in the playoffs.

Brian Scott gets a lucky win at Daytona and he's suddenly in the chase. That'd be like the NFL telling the Cleveland Browns that if they can somehow beat New England in the regular season, they are automatically in the playoffs.

Tony being in the Chase is like the NFL saying all the Broncos have to do is play 10 games and, if they win five, they're in the playoffs.

Wish we had seen some of this sun.... :(

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Capture.PNG

Okay, I need to add to the "New Revman" bitching about the Chase. Attendance, "racin'," overnight TV ratings, and bitching about the Chase. Got it. Damn it! I'm gonna fit in around here if it kills me.

Okay, I need to add to the "New Revman" bitching about the Chase. Attendance, "racin'," overnight TV ratings, and bitching about the Chase. Got it. Damn it! I'm gonna fit in around here if it kills me.
You'll have to consider adding the nostalgia factor. It's important to routinely wax on fondly about the magic of races run before you were born. At tracks that no longer exist.

You'll have to consider adding the nostalgia factor. It's important to routinely wax on fondly about the magic of races run before you were born. At tracks that no longer exist.

North Turn. Daytona Beach Course. Just wow.....got it Aunty!

Good for him now go away and dont show your face anymore because most people cant stand you.

Tony being in the Chase is like the NFL saying all the Broncos have to do is play 10 games and, if they win five, they're in the playoffs.

No, NASCAR's dumb drivers championship is like saying the Denver Broncos can't win the Super Bowl last year because Peyton Manning got hurt, didn't QB the team for 6 games, and none of the wins with a backup QB counted.

I think it's already rediculous to tell the crew of the 14 they are in 32nd instead of 22nd and in the chase because their efforts when Ty Dillon or Vickers was in the car somehow don't count.

No, NASCAR's dumb drivers championship is like saying the Denver Broncos can't win the Super Bowl last year because Peyton Manning got hurt, didn't QB the team for 6 games, and none of the wins with a backup QB counted.

I think it's already rediculous to tell the crew of the 14 they are in 32nd instead of 22nd and in the chase because their efforts when Ty Dillon or Vickers was in the car somehow don't count.
They can win the owner championship as well.

listened to the race on my way home after going dirt racing with my dad saturday night. I have to say I truly enjoy listening to the races on radio. but to the point...

thrilled with a tony victory!!! the guy has thrilled me/pi$$ed me off, almost equally, during his nascar/dirt racing career. my thrill this weekend was recognizing that when he took the lead with pit strategy, there wasn't a chance in he77 anyone else would win that race. unless they inherited it after carnage.

the guy is the definition of a racer when behind the wheel. give him an inch and...

4th cup in 2016!!! might make me a chase convert! (not gonna happen!)

congrats to the true tony fans.

They can win the owner championship as well.
How does the owners points deal work in a Chase setting, with points resets and all? Do owners get resets and added increments? If they do, does that mean the same car has to win both championships by virtue of the highest Homestead finish among the final four?

Or do owners accumulate points the classic non-Chase way?

Back
Top Bottom