TV timeouts.

Joniki

Team Owner
Contributor
There is not much going on these days so I am going to throw this out for discussion.

A few years ago I went to a Notre Dame basketball game. Just a few minutes into the game they quit playing. I looked at my friend and asked what was going on. I had never heard of a TV time out and honestly thought he was pulling my leg.

How about TV timeouts for NASCAR? Every 15 minutes take a 3 minute break and let the crews work on the cars. You go out as you came in or in other words, during pit stops, under the TV timeout cautions, you can't lose or gain positions.

No more fuel mileage races. No more tire issues. No more pit road speeding. You would have plenty of time to get to the fridge for another 6 pack for the next 15 minutes. The cars stay bunched up and the racing will be better.

What say you?

Nope. What's the point of a 300 lap race at Atlanta if the longest runs they see is 25 laps?

We record all the races we watch so we can watch them whenever we want and pause them whenever, not to mention NEVER watching a commercial. Watching commercials drives me absolutely insane.

No more fuel mileage races. No more tire issues. No more pit road speeding. You would have plenty of time to get to the fridge for another 6 pack for the next 15 minutes. The cars stay bunched up and the racing will be better.

What say you?
I don't mind fuel, tire & pitting issues during the race. Those things have been around this sport since it's beginnings. I think taking the crew out of the equation would be a bad thing.

There is not much going on these days so I am going to throw this out for discussion.

A few years ago I went to a Notre Dame basketball game. Just a few minutes into the game they quit playing. I looked at my friend and asked what was going on. I had never heard of a TV time out and honestly thought he was pulling my leg.

How about TV timeouts for NASCAR? Every 15 minutes take a 3 minute break and let the crews work on the cars. You go out as you came in or in other words, during pit stops, under the TV timeout cautions, you can't lose or gain positions.

What say you?
Never been to a pro football game?

I'd be up for it if NASCAR Cheerleaders come out on the infield during the TV Timeouts..

A red flag at a live race would be good though. I hate to leave my seat otherwise.

I like beer and all, but a six pack every 15 minutes? I would never see the end of the race, or the entire second half for that matter.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

What say you?
Well, I guess that was settled rather quickly

Football and other televised sports have TV timeouts, Nascar has phantom debris cautions, no difference.

Football and other televised sports have TV timeouts, Nascar has phantom debris cautions, no difference.

If you are correct, now NASCAR needs to organize these phantom cautions to benefit the TV viewers. ;)

Back
Top Bottom