very annoyed with fox

jasn88cubs

Team Owner
why would you have chris meyers talk over the jenseth logano video

very annoying

i swear some people in tv are clueless

One thing that annoyed me was the Almirola in car shot that looked directly into his face - why didn't they use it once during all of the wrecks?? That would have been some great footage!

o_O

There may have been no audio of Kenseth's rant, camera too far away, etc. But you do know the gist of it, and you have the Drama Queen's interview upon leaving the infield care center. "The 22 ran me off the track... I thought we were done with that, but maybe we aren't." I'm surprised he didn't say Logano lifted his rear tires off the ground, as that is his favorite claim when touched.

Logano did force Kenseth below the yellow line. Only Drama Queen 20 would claim it was deliberate and personal. And then Logano checked up to let him back in line.

There may have been no audio of Kenseth's rant, camera too far away, etc. But you do know the gist of it, and you have the Drama Queen's interview upon leaving the infield care center. "The 22 ran me off the track... I thought we were done with that, but maybe we aren't." I'm surprised he didn't say Logano lifted his rear tires off the ground, as that is his favorite claim when touched.

Logano did force Kenseth below the yellow line. Only Drama Queen 20 would claim it was deliberate and personal. And then Logano checked up to let him back in line.
Welcome back to the forum:cheers:

Really dislike the fox leader board crawl.

Like the long clear crawl going from first to last all race long.

I like Fox's graphics way more than the crawl. There's a reason it's called a crawl. And it was so slow it rarely scrolled through the entire field because of replays, cautions, commercials and stuff.

I like how Fox's thing also shows the top three at all times, and seven names at once. If you watch ABC's IndyCar coverage, they have a scroll that only shows three names at a time and rarely runs through the entire field.

NBC's graphics are my favorite. They're the exact same concept as Fox, just with a cleaner and more traditional layout.

51468.jpg

...wait is that not what this is about?

If Chris Meyers wasn't on the broadcast at all, and nobody filled in for him, not a single thing would be lost. I never have understood why you can't just have the 3 announcers and the pit reporters and let that be it.

I never have understood why you can't just have the 3 announcers and the pit reporters and let that be it.
The second string is there mostly because the booth dwellers need a break (bathroom etc) once in awhile.

One thing I really wish they would change is the time behind the leader next to each name. In almost all cases it doesn't really tell you anything because the cars are strung out single file several seconds back. I don't really care how close to the leader someone running 10 is because they aren't battling with the leader. They are battling with either the guy in 9th or 11th.

I'd love for them to just switch to delta, like on NASCAR.com's live leaderboard. Seriously, having that up is indispensable for keeping track of cars during commercials and tracking comers and goers.

I tried to watch the Xfinity replay race this morning, as soon a MW opened his mouth, I hit mute and kept it there. He might be a good person, but he isnt a commentator, not even close-- he's a salesman for a certain brand of foreign cars with an annoying voice, but that doesnt show at all, does it?

One thing I really wish they would change is the time behind the leader next to each name. In almost all cases it doesn't really tell you anything because the cars are strung out single file several seconds back. I don't really care how close to the leader someone running 10 is because they aren't battling with the leader. They are battling with either the guy in 9th or 11th.

I'd love for them to just switch to delta, like on NASCAR.com's live leaderboard. Seriously, having that up is indispensable for keeping track of cars during commercials and tracking comers and goers.

I think it would be more confusing if it gave you the time that 10th was behind 9th and 9th behind 8th etc? It's easy enough to just subtract imo...

I think it would be more confusing if it gave you the time that 10th was behind 9th and 9th behind 8th etc? It's easy enough to just subtract imo...
Yep. When my guy is running behind the leader, which is most times, I like to know his time in relation to the lead. That's the only way that I can tell how he's running. Other than the lead, positions are meaningless.

Yep. When my guy is running behind the leader I like to know his time in relation to the lead. That's the only way that I can tell how he's running. Other than the lead, positions are meaningless.
Watching that is one of my favorite things about raceview.

I like Fox's graphics way more than the crawl. There's a reason it's called a crawl. And it was so slow it rarely scrolled through the entire field because of replays, cautions, commercials and stuff. ....
Yeah, gotta agree. Regardless of network, the old crawl took far too long to get through the field. Having the top 3 with 4 more at a time is much faster. Fox really botched it for the first two or three races they tried the format (2013? 14?) but they eventually got it right. Their 'Pit in / pit out' graphic is pretty good too.

I can't believe I'm saying nice things about Fox graphics. They're usually so poorly thought out and overdone.

Mathematically challenged? :D

I assume you mean like F1 does. I can live with either method.

Mathematically challenged? :D

I assume you mean like F1 does. I can live with either method.

Yeah, maybe I am just a lazy millennial who can't do math without a calculator. But one thing I will defend about delta instead of time behind leader is it allows you to see a run happening and look for the pass. If I see that number creeping down I know my driver is getting a run on the guy in front of him and can shift my attention from the lead or wherever to mid-pack and see them make the pass in real time. That is, if fox could be bothered to zoom the heck out once in a while.

Doesn't matter how bad any of the TV guys get, it could never be as bad as MRN. Barney was magic, and Eli is very good, but the turn announcers are terrible, and the pit stuff is pathetic compared to PRN. If Bagley and Moody were as good as they thought they were, we would never turn the TV on.

They have plenty of commercial time to handle that!
Yes as I've stated before my program provider just runs the live feed from the track so when you guys go to commercial break we still watch the cars on the track...... without commentary. It's amazing how much of this silence there is.

They have plenty of commercial time to handle that!
Nope. Instead of rotating out of the conversation to take a quick break like they did years ago they go to the second string and all take a break at the same time. It also puts a little variety in the broadcast, or so they think.

Yes as I've stated before my program provider just runs the live feed from the track so when you guys go to commercial break we still watch the cars on the track...... without commentary. It's amazing how much of this silence there is.
Even so, they still take breaks. Ask anybody that's been in the booth.

That used to be my experience many years ago with my BUD. Big Ugly Dish. Had one of those 10', black, wire mesh systems. That thing was awesome in its day. We used to watch all sports commercial free until the day scrambling became the norm.

That used to be my experience many years ago with my BUD. Big Ugly Dish. Had one of those 10', black, wire mesh systems. That thing was awesome in its day. We used to watch all sports commercial free until the day scrambling became the norm.
Yep. As I've said on here before, we picked up unedited programs from all over the world. Some were different. :growl: :D

Are they easy to direct? I mean to tune in...or do they do it automatically?
Yes, & yes. I have close to the same setup that @Johali has.

While mine differs, it's a similar setup.

I don't think I'd ever make the move away from the portability of a satellite setup. All that's needed is an AC power supply and a view of the southern sky. Honda and nature make those two things easy to come by. ;)

Back
Top Bottom