WEC 2024

Looks like the track gripped up quite a bit in FP2. Tighter field spread in this session.

Ferrari on pole and Caddy third!

Four Porsches in the top six.

Great qualifying run from the Caddy, hopefully they have the race pace to match after that dud of a weekend at Imola.

Looking like it’ll be a much drier race than last year.

Top five cars are now LMDh!

If it rain, which it probably will, I suspect Toyota might be in that mix too. We just need enough rain to screw up the strategy, and Toyota will play it just right.

I wasn't surprised the Porsche was quick, but the Cadillac running so well is a welcome surprise.

Any word on who will run Caddy's WEC program next year?

Top five cars are now LMDh!

If it rain, which it probably will, I suspect Toyota might be in that mix too. We just need enough rain to screw up the strategy, and Toyota will play it just right.

I wasn't surprised the Porsche was quick, but the Cadillac running so well is a welcome surprise.

Any word on who will run Caddy's WEC program next year?
I don’t see any rain in the forecast but it should definitely be fun to watch the Ferraris fight their way up through the field. Still probably the fastest cars overall this weekend, with all three of them starting 8th or worse now for one reason or another.

Wait, I thought this was an endurance race!

Looks like you have to pay for Max, Unless I did it wrong. For now I'm just watching the live onboards.

Damm. Toyota is taking it in the chops. They are in 8th and 12, but just last year they were untouchable. Now they are fighting just to stay in the top 10. I wanted to see them get beat, but this is ridiculous.

Damm. Toyota is taking it in the chops. They are in 8th and 12, but just last year they were untouchable. Now they are fighting just to stay in the top 10. I wanted to see them get beat, but this is ridiculous.
After the 3 hour restart, the Caddy is up to seventh. Not great, but an improvement worth noting and there's still three hours for them to move up, or down, depending on how it goes.

One Penske dropped out after 6 laps, and the Jota got crashed, but outside of that we've seen the world's most complicated car go three hours with next to no trouble. Yhat's amazing reliability. 19 cars, one failure. Not bad.

As always, you da man. Thanks.
I found it just as the Ferrari was passing the Proton Porsche for the lead after that FCY, and they’ve just stretched it out since. Great pace again this weekend from that team.

There’s some really good racing going on in LMGT3 right now.

One of the commentators just called Hypercar "Formula Bonkers," and with all this action I have to agree.
This is just crazy. The Caddy is gonna be on Proton here in a sec for the final podium spot and then 5th-11th are all in a queue. It’s tight.

Oh crap. The Caddy just got taken out. What a shame, They were running so well. They were saving tires and fuel and were in good shape to challenge at the end.

Red flag!

Rooting for this Cadillac WEC program is just the worst, man. What a freaking shame. Nothing but heartbreak.

Glad Bamber is okay. That was massive.

The good news is the lead Ferrari's 20 second lead has been wiped out.

I was rea;;y hoping Caddy could pull it off, but at least now they can compete.

Rooting for this Cadillac WEC program is just the worst, man. What a freaking shame. Nothing but heartbreak.
When will this team get a race without bad luck?

The red flag rests everything. Schumacher pitted the lap before the red, so in a few laps the other cars will have to pit and he will cycle to the lead. At this point, anyone on the lead lap can take it.

Looks like everyone's strategy is screwed and we're going to have a one hour sprint. I don't know how this could get any better.

Up from about 72k last year, attendance keeps increasing. Really wish they would find the budgets to run a ninth race somewhere.

When they first cut to this I was shocked. Just an immense crash.

Bamber had a bigger run than he could really use. Just not enough room to thread the needle.

Holy ****. They just reset the clock back to the time the red flag came out? I’ve literally never seen that in an endurance race before.

Yeah no way.

I guess that means this is gonna award half points? Not sure how they’re gonna order the finish results either.
Surprise! They are going to extend the race by 1:47! I don't know if that's by the book or not, but it's damm good for us. Thanks for the stream. Motor Trend will probably go off the air.

As long as we didn't get another yellow this should be hell on wheels

Holy ****. They just reset the clock back to the time the red flag came out? I’ve literally never seen that in an endurance race before.
My guess is someone will protest! I've never seen it either, but I'm glad they are doing it this time.

Now it looks like several Hypercars will have to refuel during the safety car, but only take on five seconds, and have to pit again. This whole thing just got turned upside down.

This is going to be hyper!

My guess is someone will protest! I've never seen it either, but I'm glad they are doing it this time.

Now it looks like several Hypercars will have to refuel during the safety car, but only take on five seconds, and have to pit again. This whole thing just got turned upside down.

This is going to be hyper!
Gonna be approaching sunset as well. This should be mega.

So if I’m getting this straight, the 12 JOTA, 6 Penske, and 36 Alpine all pitted just before the red and should be in control of the race after the top nine are all forced to stop.

Back
Top Bottom