8. Jamie Mcmurray
7. Kurt Bush
6. Matt Kenseth
5. Kevin Harvick
4. Dale Jr
3. Jeff Gordon
2. Ryan Newman
1. Jimmie Johnson

Well, there they are, like em' are not, your Nextel 2004 top 10 in points. :lol:

I certainly do like your pick for the #1 spot, bowtie! I am certainly rooting for it to turn out that way. I do feel that it will be between Johnson and Newman, but you certainly can't count out your choice for the #3 spot, Jeff Gordon!

But, as we all know, it takes 36 races to crown a champion! I can't wait for Daytona!!!!

Originally posted by majestyx@Jan 2 2004, 11:48 AM
I certainly do like your pick for the #1 spot, bowtie! I am certainly rooting for it to turn out that way. I do feel that it will be between Johnson and Newman, but you certainly can't count out your choice for the #3 spot, Jeff Gordon!

But, as we all know, it takes 36 races to crown a champion! I can't wait for Daytona!!!!
Echo you Maj!

BUT, Bow....where do you see Tony finishing?

Originally posted by kat2220+Jan 2 2004, 11:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kat2220 @ Jan 2 2004, 11:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Jan 2 2004, 11:48 AM
I certainly do like your pick for the #1 spot, bowtie!  I am certainly rooting for it to turn out that way. &nbsp; I do feel that it will be between Johnson and Newman, but you certainly can't count out your choice for the #3 spot, Jeff Gordon!

But, as we all know, it takes 36 races to crown a champion!  I can't wait for Daytona!!!!
Echo you Maj!

BUT, Bow....where do you see Tony finishing? [/b][/quote]
Damn, I did leave him out didn't I? Well, I know I got one wrong. :lol:

C'mon, I want to see some predictions. B)

10. Robby Gordon
9. Bobby Labonte
8. K. Busch
7. J. McMurray
6. Dale Jr.
5. Tony Stewart
4. Kevin Harvick
3. Ryan Newman
2. Jeff Gordon
1. Jimmie Johnson

10. Kurt Busch finally gets a seat at the head table in New York after a calmer, quieter 2004 focused more on racing and less on Jimmy Spencer.

9. Elliott Sadler will fulfill the promise he has shown only flashes of, as Robert Yates Racing does a complete 180 from 2003 and is once again competitive.

8. Dale Earnhardt Junior will continue to be haunted by the demons of restrictor plate racing, and this year the consistency just won't be there to keep him afloat for 32 out of 36 races.

7. Jimmie Johnson's sophomore slump comes a year later than most, but it comes nonetheless. Team Lowe's will have a more uphill battle in 2004 than in their previous seasons.

6. Bobby Labonte will have another solid season in the #18 Interstate Batteries Chevy and should be good for 3 or more wins. The main question with this team is consistency.

5. Ryan Newman continues his long learning curve in NASCAR's ultimate series. His competitors will have had all winter to overcome his speed advantage on qualifying, and the fuel mileage cat is already out of the bag. Still, look for multiple wins from the 12 car.

4. Kevin Harvick's 2003 season proved many things that a lot of us already thought about him, both good and bad. The one thing it also showed was that he is good at places besides Chicago.

3. Defending champ Matt Kenseth spearheads the Roush attack and is once again a model of consistency. I think they'll try for more wins and that might lead to a few more problems than his Teflon coated 2003 season.

2. The Monica Lewinsky "Close But No Cigar" Award goes to Jeff Gordon. Jeff will be a dominant force in 2004, but will fall just a little bit short of the eventual champion...

1. Tony Stewart will regain his top notch form in 2004 and become Nextel's first champion driver. The Home Depot team will put together an onslaught of consistent top 10 finishes, picking up a handful of race wins along the way, and Tony will once again hoist a championship tropy.

JUST MISSED: Sterling Marlin, Mark Martin, Jeremy Mayfield, and Dale Jarrett.

MISSED IT BY A BUNCH: Terry Labonte, Robby Gordon, Jamie McMurray, and Michael Waltrip

NEVER REALLY HAD A CHANCE: Jeff Burton, Bill Elliott, Brian Vickers, Kasey Kahne, and of course Derrick Cope.

Originally posted by esorlxaw@Jan 2 2004, 11:43 AM
10. Robby Gordon
9. Bobby Labonte
8. K. Busch
7. J. McMurray
6. Dale Jr.
5. Tony Stewart
4. Kevin Harvick
3. Ryan Newman
2. Jeff Gordon
1. Jimmie Johnson
like your 10th pick :D

10) Jamie McMurray - Really came on strong towards the end of the season. Seems like he will be the top dog at Ganassi this coming year. With one year under his belt, his early season struggles from a year ago should all but disappear.

9) Jeremy Mayfield - Will be the top dog at Evernham this coming year as well. Mayfield is probably one of the most streakiest drivers on the circuit. If he starts out well, it could be a very good season for him.

8) Bobby Labonte - He isnt with the elite of the field, but he isnt too far off from them either. Engine failures hurt this team quite a bit last year, but overall should be a decent season.

7) Robby Gordon - During the 12 race middle stretch of 2003 he was top 10 material. Working with a new crew chief who he has worked with before and a new car chief from the #40 car, and with added seat time with his Busch series ride should all add up to improved results.

6) Kevin Harvick - Will be a contender every race next year, improved team chemistry after the crew chief change really improved this team, will have to control temper on the track to keep focus 100% of the time.

5) Jeff Gordon - Soon he will be the old man at Hendrick. Always consistent, he will be there as well this year, but will be outdone by several drivers and teams.

4) Matt Kenseth - Showed he can get it done by being consistent, but will have to show that he can win on a regular basis to be a title contender this season.

3) Tony Stewart - Added desire and fire should be there after getting his contract situation settled, which most likely was a distraction last season.

2) Ryan Newman - Sure he can win, but when he doesnt win can he finish the race? That will be his biggest obstacle, along with conquering the RP races, which he doesnt seem to comfortable in.

1) Jimmie Johnson - Is consistent and can win. Has a couple years under his belt now, no major changes to team either, which keeps the winning formula. This should be his year.

10 Elliot Sadler
9 Bobby Labonte
8 Michael Waltrip
7 Tony Stewart
6 Matt Kenseth
5 Jeff Gordon
4 Jimmie Johnson
3 Dale Jr
2 Ryan Newman
1 Kevin Harvick

A little further back...

11 Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
12 Kurt Busch
13 Elliott Sadler
14 Rusty Wallace
15 Dale Jarrett

1./ Tony Stewart
2./ Bobby Labonte
3./ Jeff Gordon
4./ Jimmie Johnson
5./ Dale Jr.
6./ Ryan Newman
7./ Robby Gordon
8./ Jeff Burton
9./ Robby Gordon
10./ Matt Kenseth

Hey, thats cool Eagle1, Robby G is gonna place in the top ten twice. That would be some kinda record. :lol:

10. Mayfield
9. B. Labonte
8. S. Marlin
7. Kenseth
6. DE. JR
5. KB
4. JJ
3. Harvick
2. TS
1. Newman

1.Jr
2. Johnson
3.Newman
4.Stewart
5.Mayfield
6.J.Gordon
7.Mikey W.
8.Martin
9.R. Wallace
10.J.Mcmurray
ROTY: B.Gaughn

1. Ryan Newman
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Elliott Sadler
4. Kurt Busch
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
6. Tony Stewart
7. Matt Kenseth
8. Robby Gordon
9. Dale Jarrett
10. Jimmie Johnson

Originally posted by Eagle1@Jan 2 2004, 03:35 PM
1./ Tony Stewart
2./ Bobby Labonte
3./ Jeff Gordon
4./ Jimmie Johnson
5./ Dale Jr.
6./ Ryan Newman
7./ Robby Gordon
8./ Jeff Burton
9./ Robby Gordon
10./ Matt Kenseth
Whoops Bowtie :blink: must be the residue of the punch from the party in alaska. LOL

I meant Kevin Harvick in 9th place.

1. Kevin Harvick
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Jeff Gordon
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
5. Ryan Newman
6. Matt Kenseth
7. Bobby Labonte
8. Robby Gordon
9. Tony Stewart
10. Jamie McMurray

ROTFL @ Eagle1. At least you aren't the only one that's been hittin the
punch bowl in Alaska!!!!
I'm not gonna hazard a guess, but you folks look like you got it pretty right on.

With the BCS, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. wouldve been fighting it out for the national championship in 2003 with Matt Kenseth and Jeff Gordon fighting for the it doesnt matter bowl.

My predictions:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Jeff Gordon
4. Ryan Newman
5. Kurt Busch
6. Matt Kenseth
7. Ricky Rudd
8. Tony Stewart
9. Bobby Labonte
10. Jimmie Johnson

Originally posted by bowtie@Jan 2 2004, 03:40 PM
Hey, thats cool Eagle1, Robby G is gonna place in the top ten twice. That would be some kinda record. :lol:
And isn't Jeff Burton only running like 14 races? He'd better win them all if he's gonna be top 10 in points.

Originally posted by Mopardh9@Jan 2 2004, 05:12 PM
ROTY: B.Gaughn
Finally, someone here agrees with me...at least publicly...and now I think his hat is in the ring!

1. Tony Stewart
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Ryan Newman
5. Jr.
6. Kurt Busch
7. Kevin Harvick
8. Bobby Labonte
9. Matt Kenseth
10. Mark Martin
11. Brian Vickers :D

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Ryan Newman
4. Toni Stewart
5. Rusty Wallace
6. Bobby Labonte
7. Michael Waltrip
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
9. Brian Vickers
0. Mark Martin

Loving your list EatmorePossum....

And Bow How could you forget Smoke??

I think Marlin will find his way to the top ten this year, at least I hope. I don't think Robby Gordon or Elliot Sadler will.

1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Dale Jr.
3. Jeff Gordan
4. Ryan Newman
5. Tony Stewart
6. Kevin Harvick
7.Bobby Labonte
8.Robby Gordon
9.Matt Kenseth
10.Jamie McMurray

Rookie of the Year: Riggs

1. Kurt Busch
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Tony Stewart
4. Jeff Gordon
5. Ryan Newman
6. Dale Jr.
7. Kevin Harvick
8. Mark Martin
9. Matt Kenseth
10. Brian Vickers

Originally posted by DeeDee@Jan 4 2004, 09:31 PM

Hey Dee I think it's called a brainfart. :lol:

Originally posted by bowtie+Jan 5 2004, 11:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Jan 5 2004, 11:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DeeDee@Jan 4 2004, 09:31 PM

Hey Dee I think it's called a brainfart. :lol: [/b][/quote]
ROTFLMAO~you were just too excited thinking about the LSU/OU game weren't ya! :p

10.Mike Waltrip
9.Dale Jarrett
8.Rusty Wallace
7.Kurt Busch
6.Jimmie Johnson
5.Kevin Harvick
4.Jeff Gordon
3.Ryan Newman
2.Tony Stewart
1.Dale Earnhardt Jr

Originally posted by majestyx+Jan 5 2004, 12:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Jan 5 2004, 12:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bowtie@Jan 5 2004, 11:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--DeeDee
@Jan 4 2004, 09:31 PM

Hey Dee I think it's called a brainfart. :lol:
ROTFLMAO~you were just too excited thinking about the LSU/OU game weren't ya! :p [/b][/quote]
I suppose so. :huh: :lol: :bounce: :bounce:

Ok---but I ain't posting them backwards like a lot of you folks:

1.Kurt Busch---he is still simply the best under 30 driver on the circuit despite NASCAR's best efforts to make it's top series another Chevy commercial. Anyone that could win 4 races in '03's Taurus can win twice that many and the title with REAL parity in place.

2. Zoomin' Newman--the Anti-Busch and the only man that has any chance of beating Kurt, ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL.

3. Jimmie Johnson---he's pretty go--ugh--he's a g---arggg. Third.That's all I am saying.

4. Tony Stewart---simply the best over 30 driver on the circuit.

5. Dale Jr.---The rp tracks and a few other good runs will keep the Anna K of Nascar in the top handful.

6. Matt Kenseth---Still very consistent---and will win more races this year, but not quite as steady as last years title run.

7. Jeff Gordon---the influx of tough new talent has really hampered JG lately. Newman, Johnson and Busch aren't as easy to beat as the old guys were a few years ago when Jeff was on top.

8.Yet another vote for Robby Gordon----if this guy could ever 'grow' into Nascar he would be damned tough to beat.

9. Kevin Harvick--showed a lot last season. Still not up to some of the other new guys but good enough to place in the top ten again.

10. Dale Jarrett, Bobby Labonte, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace or Sterling----one of the old guard will be here.

Now a little list of last years 'contenders' who wont be in the ten:

Mikey. No way, no how.
Terry Labonte. See above. His day is done.
Jeff Burton.Superstar 'couldhavebeen' sadly sidelined by sponsorship woes.
Ward Burton. I like him but nope.
J. MacMurray. I like him but havent seen anything to recommend him for a top ten yet.

Ok. Not worth much but those are my picks.

Tony Stewart for the Title >>>>>>> and the Rest Won't Matter!

I don't know if Jr. can be the Anna K. of racing...he actually wins and does well as opposed to Anna K.

If the 2004 Ford Taurus turns out to be a formidable opponent, I wouldnt be surprised if a couple more Fords enter the Top 10.

Dale Jarrett, Ricky Rudd and maybe Mark Martin are three guys that may have an outside shot at the top 10. If these guys can pick up some consistency along the way, then the top 10 would be no problem for them. I wouldnt mind seeing a grizzled veteran win a race or two in 2004.

As for the veterans on the Dodge group, I'm not sure if Sterling Marlin will have enough to launch an assault on the top 10, he nearly won the championship in 2002 until that wreck at Kansas. I think he might pick up a race win or two however Chip Gannassi will probably focus all of it's stuff on McMurray's championship run. At Penske Racing, I think Rusty will finish in the top 10 if he can muster up the consistency, not sure if he'll return to victory lane however it would be a victory that would be long awaited and well-appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom