Well they did it

Originally posted by Lizzycat@Mar 31 2004, 05:16 PM
"THEY" DID IT??

No JR did it by running his mouth.
Aw c'mon Lizzy, you know what I mean. Are you on that train too? ;)

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Mar 31 2004, 07:12 PM
I guess Nascar reads this message board. :)
Good, hopefully they implement my idea of a restrictor plated schedule. B) :lol:

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 31 2004, 09:26 PM
If only Wrangler could have been that effective..... <_< <_<
He'll learn................ ^_^

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 31 2004, 09:28 PM
True...nothing works on me quite like the maturity you show. ^_^
what can I say???? :huh:

or this
flipa.gif

p.s: It still isn't a conspiracy----it's still reality.&nbsp;

Opinions do not make reality.

Reality could make a conspiracy, though. :)

Just read through this thread........somehow, the subject changed from Jr getting a deserved fine, points deduction and probation to a conspiracy by NASCAR to protect it's "chosen one". Statements about if Jr should loose the Championship by 26 points then NASCAR would change the points system back to what it was last year. Yeah, it was a joke..........but that joke is still saying the same thing: The points system was changed by NASCAR in order to favor their "chosen one". And the overall underlaying suspicion that NASCAR only penalized Jr after they tested the atmosphere for fan reaction. And before NASCAR even placed the penalties, everyone just "knew" that nothing was going to be done.......Jr was going to go free. Now, those are facts..........go read them. :)

I call that going off half-****ed.......but, I'm naive. Go looking for suspicious activity and I'm sure you will find it.........or something that resembles it and you can develop your opinions from there.

But I can drop the 'mooning' long enough to respond.

You are absolutely correct in that 'opinions don't make reality'.

Apparently you are saying they make conspiracy.

Reality is reality regardless and the reality is that in certain cases Nascar is guilty of bias. This can be documented by a hundred examples although the simple 'yellow-line' snafu would suffice.

And you mis-quoted: if JR were to lose by LESS than 25 points...not more.

Point system changed to favor the chosen one? No..just a coincidence.Yeah, thats it. Now thats an opinion.

Suspicions dont generally develope out of thin air and we both know that. Sometimes circumstantial evidence is enough. At least in a court of law in this country.
What you seem to be saying is that without actual physical proof of bias it doesn't exist.

Yeah...with that I have said enough for once. You left about 235 holes in your response, but I will just stick to my original point.

Naive? You are much, much closer to be naive than I am to being a conspiracy theorist in reality on this issue. I cant offer up scientific proof of that, no----but a little common sense can sometimes carry the day.

At least when one isn't on the naivety train.

Dale Jr docked points, fined for his actions.... it is what it is. I personally think he deserved it!

On to Texas!!

enough said jr screwed up and paid the price.
wonder what he and his pals at nastycar will do in texas this weekend to get everyone on the message boards cryin and bitchin ?

I know I said that Nascar wouldn't do anything and it surprised me when they did. But I have been wrong a 2 or 3 times in my life. :lol:

Originally posted by bowtie@Apr 1 2004, 03:37 AM
or this
flipa.gif
Watch it now. That could cost you 500.00 fine and a lost of 25 post. :lol:

IMO, and you all remember me, the guy who defends NASCAR and thinks the conspiracy theorist or favoritism are things of the past, BUT, am of the mind NASCAR would NOT have done anything had some drivers and the loud outcry from fans made them take a second look.

Based on Darby making the statement Junior's admission in and of itself was not evidence enough to put sanctions in place.

At this point, enter Mike Helton and a discussion which in turn led to the penalty and fine.

So what is next ??? It will happen again and the difference is, the next driver will keep thier mouth shut.

I still think NASCAR has come a long way and will defend them for thier improvements. From what I nave seen on this forum, a large portion of the fans were not around when NASCAR was really playing a loose game with rules and teams. Most of what fans see today are supposition over calls made against their favorite or in favor of the driver they love to hate.

Favoritism did exist in full blown portions since the formulation of the governing body and included Lee and Richard Petty, Darrell W., Earnhardt, Sr., JGordon had a few and now Junior, but the fact remains, the special treatment is rapidly waning, and that is a good thing. For that I find the effort and conduct laudable and will continue to give NASCAR my support.

Try to focus on the positive. :cheers:

Well Whizzer, this may shock you but I do agree with you. :D

I'm almost as old as you I think, (although dirt was already around when I was born :lol: ) Actually I've noticed we agree more than disagree. :cheers: But when we disagree we usually are at 180 to each other. In my opinion that's what makes it all interesting and fun to come to these boards. Have a great day. :bounce:

Originally posted by Eagle1@Apr 1 2004, 04:34 PM
Well Whizzer, this may shock you but I do agree with you. :D

I'm almost as old as you I think, (although dirt was already around when I was born :lol: ) Actually I've noticed we agree more than disagree. :cheers: But when we disagree we usually are at 180 to each other. In my opinion that's what makes it all interesting and fun to come to these boards. Have a great day. :bounce:
Only one guy here older than dirt and that is boB. And I am older than he is.
He's just a kid by comparison but he is old because he thinks he is old.
I think I am thirty-five but my body tells a different story at times.

I am 67 and attended my first stock car race at Morristown, NJ in 1948 at the age of twelve.

Became interested in and followed NASCAR since 1956, attending my first NASCAR race in 1958.

1948????????????? At age 12?

1958?????????????First Nascar race?

Whoa.

You attended your first race five years before I was even born. :huh: That's kind of humbling. :cheers:

Pretty much everyone agrees that nascar did the right thing. In my opion, however, it had little to do with fairness but more do to with protecting their image. Now if only nascar could be penalized for " actions deemed detremental to the sport".

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Apr 1 2004, 09:35 PM
Pretty much everyone agrees that nascar did the right thing. In my opion, however, it had little to do with fairness but more do to with protecting their image. Now if only nascar could be penalized for " actions deemed detremental to the sport".
:cheers:

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Apr 1 2004, 03:35 PM
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom