ladyspartan16

Team Owner
Just curious.

I'm going with:

1. Barnes & Noble
2. Starbucks
3. Chipotle
4. Whole Foods
5. Uggs Australia (Yes Gentlemen, they make Uggs for men)
6. Vogue/Vanity Fair (they'd have the best looking fire suits EVER)

Don't care.

Not even for me @Johali

pouting-reaction-gif.gif

I'd like to see a car wrapped in Texas pete sponsorship. As the sole sponsor.
Maybe ol' front row joe can bring em back.

I love Texas pete. I buy so much they should sponsor me.

Just curious.

I'm going with:

1. Barnes & Noble
2. Starbucks
3. Chipotle
4. Whole Foods
yea they would bring in the fans.

I don't like Chipotle, but their round red and brown logo would look good on a hood, I think.

Wasn't starbucks on truexs car?

I would do it. I would do it in a heart beat.

I'd like to imagine that the driver of the Chipotle/Whole Foods/Barnes and Noble Toyota (because he wouldn't drive an American car) would regularly try to put Keselowski and Harvick into the wall because they aren't sponsored by craft beers. He would also wreck McMurray when he drives the McDonalds car because he wants to save us all from unhealthy food.

After every race, he would drink Starbucks and tell us all about his overpriced Manhattan apartment in his post race interviews.

I'd like to imagine that the driver of the Chipotle/Whole Foods/Barnes and Noble Toyota (because he wouldn't drive an American car) would regularly try to put Keselowski and Harvick into the wall because they aren't sponsored by craft beers. He would also wreck McMurray when he drives the McDonalds car because he wants to save us all from unhealthy food.

After every race, he would drink Starbucks and tell us all about his overpriced Manhattan apartment in his post race interviews.

I would not!

Okay I would put Brad in a wall but not because of that.

1. Barnes & Noble
B&N is in deep financial trouble already. I doubt Uggs or the magazines see the NASCAR audience as their target markets. I suspect that's why Apple isn't on one either. Crocs, maybe. Maxim is on one of the field fillers this year.
I'd like to see a car wrapped in Texas pete sponsorship.
I have fond memories of the #35 Tabasco car, but that was the textbook example of a sponsorship disaster. I love to see them back, but I would accept Pete. There's always marketing tie-ins when you're a tailgating standard.
Good try. Wife, kid's, grandkid's, great grandkid's. I'm immune to tears. :p
How about big brown dog eyes?

I would like to see a nascar John Players special car. Would also like to see NASA car.
I believe federal law prohibits sports sponsorship by tobacco products. I don't think NASA could afford a sponsorship. If they had $15-20 million lying around, I can think of plenty of better things for them to spend the money on. The Dept. of Defense has much larger budget and some in Congress ran them out of their sponsorships.

I've always wondered why Wal-mart wasn't on a car, but I guess that would be preaching to the choir. Russell Athletic or UnderArmour might work. I think we'll start to see a more diverse range of sponsors as the economy picks back up.

Last edited:
chipotle maybe you have the onion thing with outback, but not seeing vanity fair.

Vanity Fair (or Vogue) is kinda like the Upper East side trend bible. Most trends that have been set in the past twenty years have started or at least passed through the pages of those publications, and with F1 being somewhat popular among European Royalty and Aristocrats, I can see them doing a feature piece on a popular driver.

I was a PR major before I switched, so I could make this work.

I would spin the cover by having Gordon, sitting on a throne like chair(or maybe the hood of his car) , surrounded by all his trophies. "Long Live the King" (yes, I know, but bare with me)

The issue would profile four or five major stars of NASCAR

The title page we'd have Danica sitting on the throne in a Zac Posen or Oscar de la Renta gown surrounded by all the guys in tailored Armani tuxes. (There's your feminist $$$)

The other close ups would be Joey Logano, the young winner from Connecticut with a major win but still a lot to prove (your upper class New England $$$)

Jr - The cute poster boy for country living from racings first family (throw in a blurb about Karsyn and more feminist $$$)

Tony Stewart - the aging star trying to grab one last championship as well as the elusive D500

Danica - The feminist dream. Her struggle being the only woman in NASCAR

Kahne - He's cute. Nuff said.

And finally Gordon - the retiring legend, who wants to go out on top.

And there you have it. People will eat it up. And on the flipside, if one of the big name stars drove the vanity fair car, I can see purchases of the mag going up.

People love a good saga.

Vanity Fair (or Vogue) is kinda like the Upper East side trend bible. Most trends that have been set in the past twenty years have started or at least passed through the pages of those publications, and with F1 being somewhat popular among European Royalty and Aristocrats, I can see them doing a feature piece on a popular driver.

I would spin the cover by having Gordon, sitting on a throne like chair(or maybe the hood of his car) , surrounded by all his trophies. "Long Live the King" (yes, I know, but bare with me)

The title page we'd have Danica sitting on the throne in a Zac Posen or Oscar de la Renta gown surrounded by all the guys in tailored Armani tuxes. (There's your feminist $$$)

The other close ups would be Joey Logano, the young winner from Connecticut with a major win but still a lot to prove (your upper class New England $$$)

Jr - The cute poster boy for country living from racings first family (throw in a blurb about Karsyn and more feminist $$$)

Tony Stewart - the aging star trying to grab one last championship as well as the elusive D500

And there you have it. People will eat it up. And on the flipside, if one of the big name stars drove the vanity fair car, I can see purchases of the mag going up.

People love a good saga.
so what you got for the next issue? nascar was already ounce the next big thing, it's not for the main steam.

People love a good saga.

Featuring the sport in one issue isn't the same thing as sponsoring a car for a season. Unfortunately, print magazines are a dying breed. With as much as we complain about commercials, I don't see NASCAR fans regularly paying for a magazine with over twice as much advertising as editorial content, advertising for clothing that a single piece costs more than a couple of race tickets. I don't know who Tag Heuer thinks is buying those watches that Gordon is representing.

so what you got for the next issue? nascar was already ounce the next big thing, it's not for the main steam.
Featuring the sport in one issue isn't the same thing as sponsoring a car for a season. Unfortunately, print magazines are a dying breed. With as much as we complain about commercials, I don't see NASCAR fans regularly paying for a magazine with over twice as much advertising as editorial content, advertising for clothing that a single piece costs more than a couple of race tickets. I don't know who Tag Hauer thinks is buying those watches Gordon markets.

I didn't say it was a good idea. That's just how I spin it.

Plus, I was just thinking of the cute fire suits.

Thanks for killing my dream, Charlie. :(

But maybe a TISSOT car. Danica has them as a secondary sponsor right now
Also Red bull...Bring the bull back

Just curious.

I'm going with:

1. Barnes & Noble
2. Starbucks
3. Chipotle
4. Whole Foods

It isn't something that matters to me but if I had to choose something I would wrap a car like one of Eddie Van Halen's guitars or Larry Flynt's magazines.

Way to really add to the thread....:rolleyes:

Wish Tide would come back, great looking car. Would like to see a Boeing car, bet that would look pretty neat.

Skunkworks

For the at the track representation factor

-Maxim magazine lots of eye candy reps at the tracks, and goofy chessie props.
-Monster Energy (girls)
-Victorias Secret (angels)
-Do me pumps (high heel vendor).
-Hanky panky lingerie
-The sensual womens syndicate
-Tria lady epilators
-Hooters restaurants
-Twin Peaks fine dining experience
-The Ukrainian young adult womens refuge foundation
-Chetoos
- Kolh-Kohler

Just curious.

I'm going with:

1. Barnes & Noble
2. Starbucks
3. Chipotle
4. Whole Foods

Whats an ugg

I always like alcohol companies for some reason and my favorite drop is Bundaberg Rum which I've seen sponser V8 Supercar teams but not anymore. I know they'd make it look pretty in NASCAR.

I'm stumped as to why KFC and the Burger King cars look as ordinary as they do in the Cup series even McDonalds. I'd have thought they'd have thrown millions into making their cars appear stylish.

Back
Top Bottom