What Happened To Allenbaba??

If you're asking me, I have no clue. I was talking to a reporter friend who volunteered to me that he/she has been working the story, and had attended a few meetings. I said "so how close are they" to which he/she responded "probably closer than you think." I said, "ah." To which he/she said, "if this happens, it's a tech company." To which I said, "ah." To which he/she changed the subject. To which I thought "boooooooooooo," I try not to be nosy. I really wanted to ask, but if they wanted me to know they would have told me. They know they can trust me.

Thanks Allenbaba1 Top man! Ah well, you certainly got us all talking and that's what this place is for. :cool:

Allenbada, what is the view of Denny Hamlin is he as big of a prick in person as he portrays on camera to fans. He really puts off an arrogance in my view. He loves to take pot shots at other drivers.

Allenbada, what is the view of Denny Hamlin is he as big of a prick in person as he portrays on camera to fans. He really puts off an arrogance in my view. He loves to take pot shots at other drivers.
I don't think he's a prick. I don't know him well, but have been around him enough (including a dinner) that I have a little sense...and he's always been cool to me. I think other drivers like him. I'm pretty sure he has a sex addiction...I've heard story after story after story...and, no woman is out of bounds. He's hit on my wife right in front of me. It was actually fun to watch since we had both already heard that about him. Also, another fun fact, when it comes to auto racing, he's a 140 IQ. Listening to him speak about cars, races, setups, strategy etc you would think he's an Ivy grad. But... when it comes to small talk about most everything else, it drops to about 65. Listening to him talk about social issues, you legitimately wonder how he dresses himself.

I don't think he's a prick. I don't know him well, but have been around him enough (including a dinner) that I have a little sense...and he's always been cool to me. I think other drivers like him. I'm pretty sure he has a sex addiction...I've heard story after story after story...and, no woman is out of bounds. He's hit on my wife right in front of me. It was actually fun to watch since we had both already heard that about him. Also, another fun fact, when it comes to auto racing, he's a 140 IQ. Listening to him speak about cars, races, setups, strategy etc you would think he's an Ivy grad. But... when it comes to small talk about most everything else, it drops to about 65. Listening to him talk about social issues, you legitimately wonder how he dresses himself.
Oh god the last thing I need is to hear Dennys views on social issues

thats interesting. I never thought denny was the type of driver that really wanted to know alot about what the crew was doing to the car. kyle busch seems more outwardly knowledgeable about that. maybe your description is why denny comes off bad on camera he is just into the race car. What other drivers are womanizers? I always wondered which drivers were after tail or not. probably a hard thing to avoid when your in their position.

^ Hamlin maintained his own short track cars coming up.

thats interesting. I never thought denny was the type of driver that really wanted to know alot about what the crew was doing to the car. kyle busch seems more outwardly knowledgeable about that. maybe your description is why denny comes off bad on camera he is just into the race car. What other drivers are womanizers? I always wondered which drivers were after tail or not. probably a hard thing to avoid when your in their position.
I've heard a lot of stories about a lot of drivers...some to the point of being common garage knowledge...but I don't have actual "proof" of anything, so there's no reason to turn this into a gossip site. Just assume it's common. As it is in any sport, or any movie set etc. I can talk about Denny because I watched him tell my wife where he was staying, and what time to be there was best.

Who'd a thunk it? Denny Hamlin flirting not only with anything with a skirt on but also MENSA. He comes off as a half to 3/4 wit when speaking publicly.

I've heard a lot of stories about a lot of drivers...some to the point of being common garage knowledge...but I don't have actual "proof" of anything, so there's no reason to turn this into a gossip site. Just assume it's common. As it is in any sport, or any movie set etc. I can talk about Denny because I watched him tell my wife where he was staying, and what time to be there was best.

Thanks for not answering.

Honestly? Does anyone think Nascar racers are different from most other pro athletes? Big egos, too much money, sudden celebrity, very good at what they do , but not much else . Should we be surprised if he is raising fighting dogs in his mansion ? We should be awed by the few that are able to remain somewhat sane , not gawking at the rest.

Honestly? Does anyone think Nascar racers are different from most other pro athletes? Big egos, too much money, sudden celebrity, very good at what they do , but not much else . Should we be surprised if he is raising fighting dogs in his mansion ? We should be awed by the few that are able to remain somewhat sane , not gawking at the rest.
I think they are different. But nascar drivers have a media surrounding them that are old school type reporters. That means the gossip and debauchery stories don't get reported. The other thing is many of the drivers there are not making that much money of course that is relative to people around here who have normal jobs. ,people tend to handle money better if they had to work to get it. While getting less common many of the drivers there had to work for it and didn't start out with money.

I agree. I think more gossip and debauchery reporting is a must.

Those things add something to the race-watching experience that you can't get any other way and I would add lechery and greed to the list.

I agree. I think more gossip and debauchery reporting is a must.

Those things add something to the race-watching experience that you can't get any other way and I would add lechery and greed to the list.
Also any mention of involvement with the Nazis or the Klan. They don't necessarily have to be true, just inflammatory and scandalous.

So Denny has a high IQ and is very socially awkward. Could be "on the spectrum", like Aspergers. High functioning, highly adept at something technical, and doesn't know how to talk to people without leaving an impression.

Anyone who thinks Nascar is different needs to go thu the list of Hall of Fame drivers who found their second wife (or third in some cases) after they became celebs.

I don't know if it's "cool," but one Carl Edwards comment stuck with me. Shortly after Jimmy Fennig became Carl's crew chief in 2013, Carl commented about how he was enjoying getting to know Jimmy and beginning to establish a relationship. I may have be reading too much into this comment, but it struck me as strange. Carl had been driving for Roush for over a decade, and Jimmy had been a Roush crew chief even longer. Carl's comment made me think Roush teams are rather isolated from each other, and made me think Carl Edwards is rather isolated from "the guys in the shop." I've often wondered about the intangible benefits of a driver living near the team headquarters, or spending a significant amount of time in the shop.

So Denny has a high IQ and is very socially awkward. Could be "on the spectrum", like Aspergers. High functioning, highly adept at something technical, and doesn't know how to talk to people without leaving an impression.

Maybe Denny can build the perfect umbrella yet is not smart enough to deploy it in a rainstorm.

Yeah ... that Hamlin! Makes 7 or 8 schmill a year. Set for life 5 years ago.

He's a real maroon.

Back
Top Bottom