What happened to that new engine package and all the OEM talks?

J

jeffgordonfan245

That's all anyone was talking about when it came to justifying the low HP engines, that it would be more attractive to new OEMs and that the new engine package (which I believe they said would debut in 2024) would be an unrestricted, low horsepower, hybrid engine.

It's been probably a year at this point since we've heard of any developments with a new engine and NASCAR seems to have gotten very quiet about all the OEMs they're supposedly talking to. What happened? Did the teams shoot down the new engine? Was it delayed? And have talks with OEMs broken down completely?

Probably keep your ears open. If they are going to make any big changes it is during the off season usually. The last I heard Yates said 750 wasn't a problem. Any more than that it was going to get expensive.

Because NASCAR likes to stay 15 years behind the times for whatever reason. Carbs weren't in any production car after the early 90s, NASCAR ran them til the late 00s. Engines in racing were getting smaller 20 years ago... NASCAR sat on it and ran dinosaurs til the small hp package started. Why aren't they getting the new OEM's now? Because they want to sell hybrid engines... just as they've been doing in their consumer market and in racing for 10+ years now. And NASCAR is still years away from that....

Hard to convince a boardroom to make a $100m+ MARKETING decision to run in NASCAR when the technology is so old you actually have to go backwards in R/D compared to what other racing series are doing.

AFAIK, Garage56 ran a very similar engine with at least 100 more hp than the 670package and it pretty much lasted 24 hours...that would be 5-6 races with the current weekend schedule...I really wish they would go to at least 800ish HP to get more off throttle/braking on most tracks.

Hard to convince a boardroom to make a $100m+ MARKETING decision to run in NASCAR when the technology is so old you actually have to go backwards in R/D compared to what other racing series are doing.
I agree....but would also point out that Toyota came to NASCAR during the transition to the COT. Developed and ran two different cars.

I don't get the connection.

Toyota took the time/effort to develop 2 engines and chassis just for the 2007 Cup season when they ran Gen 4 and COT cars, when it would've been cheaper/easier to just postpone til 2008 and only need to develop a COT package.

Toyota took the time/effort to develop 2 engines and chassis just for the 2007 Cup season when they ran Gen 4 and COT cars, when it would've been cheaper/easier to just postpone til 2008 and only need to develop a COT package.
If they no longer offer a v8 are they still eligible

and dump in the rocket fuel.
You are running out of material. KB looked good yesterday....How about that Fan Club offer....might be a discount after he gets booted from the Playoffs,

I don't lack for material, your clown show is an endless supply.
Without me, you would only post Twitter stuff....because nobody else can access Twitter? You are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom