What Happened?

Originally posted by markman29@Sep 7 2003, 02:00 AM

Nice. Did you even watch the race at the glen? The 24 was out of gas and shouldn't even be in the racing grouve knowing that. The 21 should beable to tell if he is closing on a car coming to a corner, but I gess he would rather drive through Kevin to make sure he won't get passed back.
The 29 had time to realize the 24 was off the pace and should have moved under and completed the pass. What happened with the 29 and 21 was just a racing deal, but Harvick fans have to turn it into Rudd wrecking him on purpose.

Originally posted by markman29@Sep 7 2003, 02:00 AM
The 21 should beable to tell if he is closing on a car coming to a corner, but I gess he would rather drive through Kevin to make sure he won't get passed back.
Have you ever watched a NASCAR race?

Originally posted by Brand X Guy+Sep 6 2003, 11:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brand X Guy @ Sep 6 2003, 11:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--markman29@Sep 7 2003, 02:00 AM
The 21 should beable to tell if he is closing on a car coming to a corner, but I gess he would rather drive through Kevin to make sure he won't get passed back.
Have you ever watched a NASCAR race? [/b][/quote]
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by 66mustang@Sep 7 2003, 02:05 AM
Everything else I read says nothing about Harvick being pushed to the ground...hmmm...interesting...
link
Another article that says Little won the fight.
"Then Harvick was involved in a post-race fight in the garage area with Chad Little after the Busch race at Darlington. Onlookers said that Little got the best of that altercation."
Can you give me some links? I haven't found a single article yet that says Harvick won the fight.

Originally posted by park30fan+Sep 6 2003, 11:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Sep 6 2003, 11:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--66mustang@Sep 7 2003, 02:05 AM
Everything else I read says nothing about Harvick being pushed to the ground...hmmm...interesting...
link
Another article that says Little won the fight.
"Then Harvick was involved in a post-race fight in the garage area with Chad Little after the Busch race at Darlington. Onlookers said that Little got the best of that altercation."
Can you give me some links? I haven't found a single article yet that says Harvick won the fight. [/b][/quote]
Never said Harvick won buddy. I just haven't found anything that says Harvick was pushed to the ground besides the article you shared. Thanks anyways.

I have seen quite a few articles saying that he was knocked down, although most only say Little geot the better of Harvick. Many of the big NASCAR websites have cleared out their Busch stuff from back than and the Internet archive site isn't working properly right now, but I'll have more articles when it starts working again.

All I know is that Childress should be pissed. Kevin and Robby are both top 5 cars running in the top 5 and both get taken out by Rudd and J Burton in the final 20 laps. :angry: <_<

Well atleast J.Burton took the blame for it and R.Gordon didnt fly off the walls. HAHA Harvick being pushed to the ground? Well Harvick overall made a poor choice last night and he deserves everything coming to him.

Then Harvick was involved in a post-race fight in the garage area with Chad Little after the Busch race at Darlington. Onlookers said that Little got the best of that altercation.

I remember Pit reporters describing it the same way. If I remember correctly Greg Biffle was being interviewed about a different incident after the checkered flag when a driver that I cannot remember his name basically destroyed Biffle's car when he was trying to chase someone else down to confront another driver. They showed Harvick walking away from what just took place not happy and all wet from what appeared to be a drink being poured all over him. Funny stuff.

Thats right. Thank you. Man Scott destroyed Biffles reletively clean car.

Kevin Harvick would be in deep crap becuase he would be docked points from what he did, probahtion, suspened for a race and fined big time.

Kevin Harvick Crew Member who jumped on the hood and dent it would be fined and put on prohbabtion probably. His fined be wouldbe really heavy becuase he damage another car during the race.

I feel like what Rudd done was a cheap shot. But that doesn't justify what Kevin done on pit row. He has had a good year. But I don't think he had a chance to catch Matt. Maybe on paper but not on the track. I belive he will get a huge fine and probation no dock points. Don't recall any driver getting dock points for something like that. Now if he is suspended for a race that will cost him big time. May push him back down to 5th or 6th place. I don't think he will be able to catch back up to Jr. the 8 races that would be left. But that is what happens when you let your temper get away from you.

Gollum, come on, "a cheap shot?" Then you would have to say everytime someone bumped someone it is a cheap shot wether it was accidental or not. Even these so-called bump and runs that gordan and Junior are so famous for. They could just as easily send someone in the wall.

It was a cheap shot by Rudd.. he just flat ran over Kevin.

Everyone has a "bump and run" and they all get critisezed for it. What would the sport be with out a little bumping, boring to me. When races have no wrecks, only cautions for debre etc, it gets kinda boring. But when it occurs a driver goes off the wall. There's very few that want go off...but last night was unfortunate for both Harvick and Rudd, but they put their selves in it.

Originally posted by slick-nick@Sep 7 2003, 08:31 AM
It was a cheap shot by Rudd.. he just flat ran over Kevin.
Hmmm, And that's never happen before? I see it almost in every race but the action at the end you don't see in every race. Ricky bumped Kevin, Kevin hit the wall, Kevin got mad that's understandable. Seen it happen a million times. But what happened at the end could have been handled in a more professional way. These are two drivers that have been driving for years and I'm sure they have been put into the wall many times and handled it differently. BUT what done is done, just like Busch and Spencer, things will die down and something else will happen to take it's place. Life goes on and so does Nascar Racing.

By the way, N2Racing88, Just who is that on your avatar? He is a little scary. :lol:

Very True. The only thing I could think of why they woud be seriously punished, is because they saw what happened between 2 other drivers and didnt watch their selves, knowing what could possibly happen.

Originally posted by Gollum@Sep 7 2003, 08:51 AM
Your opinion Nascat but it was a cheap shot,
Wanna play Family Feud Gollum? :lol: Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. What I'm trying to say is that this hasn't been the first time this has happened. Drivers gets put into thw wall in every race because someone takes a "Cheap shot" at them. I can understand why Kevin was upset. Maybe next time he'll use the phrase "Wish I had something else to shoot thru the window" Quote Ward Burton. :lol:

Originally posted by nascat22@Sep 7 2003, 10:09 AM
Maybe next time he'll use the phrase "Wish I had something else to shoot thru the window" Quote Ward Burton.
LOL, that was a classic.

whats with everyone screaming for a suspension and probation, its all emotion dont see whats wrong with it, you guys wouldnt be pissed if you had a top 5 car that was taken out, you would just walk away and say better luck next time?

Of course he's gonna be p!ssed, but he needs to keep his mouthing to himself and or his crew. And next time something happens to one of his teammates, he needs to stay out of it then, becaue he done the exact same thing as Kenseth was wanting to do to Sauter. He needs something done to him atleast.

66mustang,here ya go. From ESPN.com
link
Tuesday, September 4

Harvick fined $10,000 for altercation
Associated Press

Harvick
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Four Busch series drivers, including points leader Kevin Harvick, were penalized Tuesday by NASCAR for their actions at Darlington Raceway.

Harvick and Chad Little were both fined and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for fighting in the garage after Saturday's race.

Rich Bickle was fined and placed on probation for intentionally hitting another car during a caution and rookie Scott Wimmer was fined for reckless driving after the race.

Harvick was penalized the hardest, drawing a $10,000 fine. Little was only fined $5,000 for his role in the fight, which started when Harvick angrily confronted him after the race.

Little responded by throwing a drink on Harvick, which led to a scuffle that resulted in Harvick getting knocked to the ground.

Little finished 13th in the race while Harvick was 14th.

Bickle, meanwhile, was given a $5,000 fine in addition to his probation for hitting Kevin Grubb's car during the third caution period.

Wimmer was fined $2,500 for a nasty accident with Greg Biffle on the cool-down lap.

Wimmer apparently was chasing down Jeff Green at full speed for some sort of retaliation when Biffle innocently cut in front of him.

Wimmer's car hit him solidly on the left side and drove on top of Biffle's roof. He was called into the NASCAR trailer to discuss and later apologized to Biffle.

Back
Top Bottom