What Happened?

Yep, that and the Bristol interview have pretty much put Kevin back to square one with me.

Kevin Harvick is going to be in deep really deep trouble with this issue.

Kevin Harvick will be fined, put on prohbation and suspended for couple races for his action on pit road with Ricky Rudd. Kevin Harvick damage another person car from jumping on it would lead to a big fined. Along with any other charges nascar put agaisnt him.

Kurt Busch should be penaltize or fined from his action going into the garage area from almost running over the pederstrain.

Robby Gordon will not be fined for his actions.

If Kevin wants to wreck his career by being immature and attempting to cause bodily harm, I guess that's his perogative (sp).

His career, his chase for the championship, and his fans....what ever he wants to do with all of it! I think he should be fined for what he pulled tongith.... <_<

I wouldnt want to be in front of Busch on the highway or the busy streets, LOL

He wont be suspended. He will be fined big time. And put on probation for the remainder of the year. That is if he cooled of some before he wint into the trailor.

Originally posted by Gollum@Sep 6 2003, 11:16 PM
He wont be suspended. He will be fined big time. And put on probation for the remainder of the year. That is if he cooled of some before he wint into the trailor.
agreed, i think he should get a suspention, because the fine he gets will probably be much less than he wins in just that race, but maybe he'll think about doing this next time if he's on probation.

I thought you got docked points for illegal parts, not punches and curses. Jimmy wasn't penalized points for Michigan (of course, that may have been because of the suspension).

Originally posted by stridsberry@Sep 7 2003, 04:24 AM
I thought you got docked points for illegal parts, not punches and curses. Jimmy wasn't penalized points for Michigan (of course, that may have been because of the suspension).
Thats true. I don't think he will be docked points. It all depends on how he acts when he went into the trailor. Richard talked to him before he went in and hopefully cooled him off.

You all can go on and debate this one. I am pulling the plug on this computer. Next week there will be a new race and a new debate. :lol:

All of this of course is speculation. IMO Kevin's first mistake was driving onto pit road which is supposed to be reserved for the top 5 cars. His next mistake was driving up and hitting Rudd's car. His next mistake was not heeding the NASCAR officials request to leave the scene. Then becuase of his decision to make a scene he caused alot of damage to Rudd's reletively clean race car when crew members from both teams climbed all over it to keep from Kevin from getting to Ricky.

What happened folks is a mistake on Rudd's part. He admitted it. But this crap that happens after the race is getting rediculous. So just what would have taken place had Kevin gotten to Ricky??????? Just what in the hell did he think he was going to do?????? Had he so much grabbed Ricky by the collar he would have been screwed becuase NASCAR would not put up with it. It would have happened on live television. What took place looked like a freakin circus. And then to have all the team members report to the big red trailer reminds me of a kangaroo court. Somebody needs to be made an example of what not to do after a race and maybe Kevin should be that example.

Nobody should be fined, nobody should be suspended...
You want to blame anybody, blame the pit reporters.. they are the ones that bring you this crap. Ya dont stick a mic right in a pissed off driver's face.

In my view... Ricky's ass is the one that caused this. You have a brake pedal, use it!!! I dont blame Kevin for what he did, said, or whatever.. Blame the pit reporters and TNT!

If Rudd had any common sense he wouldve used the brake pedal or at least let off the accelerator.

I agree with ya slick-nick. They just did Harvick in on TV by interviewing him just 5 seconds after him and Rudd tangled, Harvick will get a stiff fine for it.

You've got to be kidding right???? I mean your asking reporters not to chase the story? When does that never happen? TV has nothing to do with it. You think the pit reporters had anything to do with Jimmy and Kurt at Michigan? Crap like that does not need to be happening after a race whether the TV cameras catch it or not.

Man, my own avatar is really beginning to scare me. And I have to go to bed shortly.

Well, there's no reason for you guys to blame Kevin for it.. if ya are, or even if ya think it. You dont want your fans to hear it, dont stick a mic in their face!! Its simple as that.

Originally posted by N2racin88@Sep 6 2003, 11:56 PM
Man, my own avatar is really beginning to scare me. And I have to go to bed shortly.
I already told you it skeered me!

Originally posted by slick-nick@Sep 6 2003, 11:57 PM
Well, there's no reason for you guys to blame Kevin for it.. if ya are, or even if ya think it. You dont want your fans to hear it, dont stick a mic in their face!! Its simple as that.
He's a grown man, and should be able to control his own actions. Does the phrase "think before you speak" ring a bell with anyone? Heat of the moment.......Kevin should not have driven onto pit road where he didn't belong in the first place.

You could actually stick the mic in a lot of drivers faces and not have that problem. Besides I think Harvick saying G.D. on cable tv after 10pm is not such a big deal. Think of drivers like the Labontes, DJ, Kenseth, Craven, Benson, Mark Martin, I mean the list can go on and on with drivers that would have handled that situation much differently. Kevin just needs to get a stiff warning from ol pot belly Helton that if he tries what he did again then he just might be sippin a cold one in his lounger on race day.

.. and Rudd shouldn't of drove into the back of him for no reason. He had about 3 lanes to himself, but I guess thats Rudd for ya.

But Rudd admitted his guilt. Two wrongs never make a right in any situation. Unless it involves your wife with another man. :lol:

I'd expect Harvick to not go running his car into another on pit road after he complains when someone touches his teammate under yellow

Originally posted by Roush_Racer@Sep 7 2003, 12:09 AM
I'd expect Harvick to not go running his car into another on pit road after he complains when someone touches his teammate under yellow
Ricky Rudd..... i'm tellin' ya man....

Whatever happens I sure as hell am not getting the raced version diecast of KH's car tonight.

Originally posted by Happy29@Sep 6 2003, 10:15 PM
No excuse for what Rudd did to Kevin and then to whine about Kevin did on pit road. I say Harvick shouldve beat the crap out of him.
LOL You said the same thing about hoping Harvick beats up Kenseth last night, yet you thought that Busch didn't deserve what he got. What Busch did was much worse and was deliberate and hateful.

Originally posted by Gollum+Sep 6 2003, 10:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gollum @ Sep 6 2003, 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Happy29@Sep 7 2003, 03:15 AM
No excuse for what Rudd did to Kevin and then to whine about Kevin did on pit road. I say Harvick shouldve beat the crap out of him.
I don't think that will be a good idea. Kevin aint to big a guy. And Rudd looks a little stocky. :D [/b][/quote]
I mean if Chad Little can knock Harvick to the ground, it can't be that hard to do.

Originally posted by park30fan+Sep 6 2003, 10:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Sep 6 2003, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Gollum@Sep 6 2003, 10:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Happy29
@Sep 7 2003, 03:15 AM

I don't think that will be a good idea. Kevin aint to big a guy. And Rudd looks a little stocky. :D
I mean if Chad Little can knock Harvick to the ground, it can't be that hard to do. [/b][/quote]
I think it was the other way around...

Originally posted by 66mustang+Sep 7 2003, 01:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (66mustang @ Sep 7 2003, 01:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -park30fan@Sep 6 2003, 10:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Happy29

I don't think that will be a good idea. Kevin aint to big a guy. And Rudd looks a little stocky. :D

I mean if Chad Little can knock Harvick to the ground, it can't be that hard to do.
I think it was the other way around... [/b][/quote]
No, it wasn't. Harvick went after Little and Little knocked him right down on the ground.

Anyways, I think that would Harvick did tonight was very childish. I also think that Rudd is a moron too and doesn't know how to use something called a brake pedal. I mean, Harvick was loosing it going into the turn and rudd just kept pushing him. But, I agree that the reporters shouldn't have interviewed him when he was so pissed. What do you think he was going to say?

"We had a good race, we crashed but that's ok. Not a problem that Rudd screwed up. We are best friends."

Bull crap. Drivers need a little time out after the race. Harvick was trying to win and got messed over. And then to top it off Rudd complains about the dent in his car. LOOK AT HARVICK'S CAR KNOW! Do you think he can race it next week? Nope.

Know, I don't believe NASCAR will suspend Harvick 5 races like somebody "thinks" he will. He will definitly get put on probation and have a bunch of money taken away.

Originally posted by park30fan+Sep 6 2003, 10:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Sep 6 2003, 10:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -66mustang@Sep 7 2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by -park30fan@Sep 6 2003, 10:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Happy29

I think it was the other way around...
No, it wasn't. Harvick went after Little and Little knocked him right down on the ground. [/b][/quote]
I seem to remember it the other way, but maybe I'm wrong. :) I have to go do some research now....

THE FRONTSTRETCH
September 7, 2001

UNHAPPY HARVICK
By Ron Willard

Announcers have been referring to Kevin Harvick as Happy Harvick lately, but
he was anything but following this past weekend's festivities at Darlington.
He got not one, not two, but three whippings while visiting South Carolina.
It will not be a hat trick he will brag about to his grandchildren one of
these days. First, The Lady in Black showed him she was not at all impressed
with anything he has accomplished this year. His car handled so poorly in
Saturday's Busch race, he said it was too bad to have provided any kind of
base line for Sunday's race. No shame there. He won't be the last driver,
rookie or otherwise, to leave Darlington more confused than when he arrived.
The place just has a knack for throwing surprises at the best of them.

Next, he had a run-in with Chad Little. Upset at an exchange of paint, he
confronted Little after Saturday's race. Little not only threw a drink on
him, but in the scuffle that followed, Harvick was knocked to the ground.
Kind of hard to imitate the intimidator when a lawyer kicks your butt, Kevin.

Finally, NASCAR hit him for $10,000.00 for his post race antics and placed
him on probation until December 31, 2001. The probation is no big deal, just
ask Tony Stewart. If NASCAR really wanted to punish him, they would have made
him write" I picked a fight and got my tail whipped" 1000 times and have it
turned in to Gary Nelson by Friday at Richmond. His work could then be posted
in the garage for all to see. Laugh if you want but shame (like pain) can be
a great motivator, and nobody wants to admit losing a fight they started.

Regardless, Harvick had no business getting angry to begin with. He has been
extremely aggressive lately and compounded that with an aloof, unapologetic
attitude. After an indisputably impressive performance during Bristol's Busch
race, he said of those upset at his style, "They know I'm not patient."
That's all fine and good but you can't expect to bump others and think nobody
will bump you.

It was funny to observe him with the shoe on the other foot. I have followed
him with a mixture of amazement and amusement this year; amazed at his
performance and amused at his answers after controversial incidents. Through
it all, I wondered if he would be able to "take it" when someone else was
aggressive and impatient. After
Darlington, the answer is clear: aggressive driving is great when he is the
aggressor but
terrible when someone else decides to give him a dose of his own medicine.

Remember Kevin, you can't have it both ways. If you rub, you will be rubbed.
Oh yeah, if you pick a fight with Chad Little, he just might knock you on
your a**.

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Sep 6 2003, 10:31 PM

Gordon slowed down on the track at an acceleration point on the track and Kevin got in the back of him and turned him >>>>>>> Thats what happened here >>> 29 car was slow and Rudd got into him !!!

No difference >>>>>>> Except that Kevin is immature and can't handle running in Winston Cup >>> He should get a minimum 5 race suspension >> he has done this crap too many times after the race! Its not the other 42 competitors fault that He can't drive worth a darn! If you slow down off the pace like he did >>>>>> your gonna get run over! Just pure Physics!
Nice. Did you even watch the race at the glen? The 24 was out of gas and shouldn't even be in the racing grouve knowing that. The 21 should beable to tell if he is closing on a car coming to a corner, but I gess he would rather drive through Kevin to make sure he won't get passed back.

Everything else I read says nothing about Harvick being pushed to the ground...hmmm...interesting...

Back
Top Bottom