Will anyone win 5+ races?

P

PokerRun388

Do you all think anyone will win over 5 races in 2014? Man oh man, it's so competitive right now I'm not sure anyone will? Even the 48 is having a hard time winning races, unlike a few years back when JJ could pull off 8 or so wins per/year? Or Kyle Busch winning all the time and now he's struggling to get wins?

What do you all think? Can anyone win 5+ races these days, or are those seasons long gone?

Kyle busch and Jimmie Johnson will heat up and win several. Keselowski will also win 3 or so

I think we'll have one 5-time winner, but I don't think anybody will go over that. It'll probably be like 2011. That year Tony was the only 5-time winner, and he didn't get win #5 until the last race of the season.

Don't let seven winners in seven races fool you. There is no such thing as parity in NASCAR. Never has been and never will be.

That, and "teams don't race differently when wins mean more than points", are just silly concepts dreamed up by bored nascar fans. :p

Keselowski will win 5 races this year, but no one will go over that. Too many competitive teams in the sport right now.

hope not, we have already seen a bit of team playing IMO with Kez letting Joey lead. I think there will be more if there is a chance to do so, larger teams get an advantage. Yeah I know, Joey won the race fair and square without any help after Kez screwed himself, but lining up on restarts and Kez not pushing Joey for the lead during the race and running one two was cool to watch. I was hoping they could pull it off. More to come I think. I guarantee if Stewart is leading late in the race and Harvick or Bush is behind him they are not passing...now Danica? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lets not get carried away. The team that comes out of the gate hot typically cools off
.....but then u say Harvick will win a bunch? lol.... both Penske drivers have been just as fast as him but actually have the finishes to go with the speed. Joey is tied with Jr. for the most top 5's and Joey and Brad are 3rd and 4th for laps led this season. I do think Harvick will do well... probably get a few but if he can't finish then he cant win. The Penske guys have been the closers this year.

Here's your front runners for a 5+ win season.

Bky9UtWCAAA4BX1.jpg

No I really don't think anyone will win five. The parity this season is pretty incredible. Penske has joined the elite Hendrick and Joe Gibbs teams. You could argue that Stewart-Haas has matched their abilities too. Lots of good cars/drivers this year.

Here's your front runners for a 5+ win season.

Bky9UtWCAAA4BX1.jpg
That's nice to see lol... Its such a relief they both got a win early this season. Had to wait until August last year to see either of them get one. Now they can gun for more. If they don't get 5 or more I expect at least 3 out of each of them... minimum.

.....but then u say Harvick will win a bunch? lol.... both Penske drivers have been just as fast as him but actually have the finishes to go with the speed. Joey is tied with Jr. for the most top 5's and Joey and Brad are 3rd and 4th for laps led this season. I do think Harvick will do well... probably get a few but if he can't finish then he cant win. The Penske guys have been the closers this year.

I can't think of one race where harvick did not have one of the best cars. I think his luck will even out and he'll go on a tear this summer

That's nice to see lol... Its such a relief they both got a win early this season. Had to wait until August last year to see either of them get one. Now they can gun for more. If they don't get 5 or more I expect at least 3 out of each of them... minimum.

I just would hate to see ya disappointed Sliced ;). Kasey kahne started off like Joey and brad last year and was one of the cars to beat every week but only ended up with 2 wins. These races are hard to win. But they need to strike while the irons hot, because they're definitely ahead of the curve at this point. Closer to the summer I expect Gibbs and other teams to catch up

I can't think of one race where harvick did not have one of the best cars. I think his luck will even out and he'll go on a tear this summer

Harvick has been real fast all year. That new team of his better get it together soon.

They say ur always fastest before it blows up... I think once they figure out what they're doing wrong.. they won't be so fast. I could be wrong, but the Hendrick guys aren't blowing up and they're not setting the world on fire. I know they have a win and leading the points but wins are the biggest thing in this system. You are right though that Penske needs to capitalize while they have this advantage. So far so good. I hope they can keep it up through the year. It's never been a well noted thing but as a Joey fan I know that he gets better the longer the year goes on... always has. Last year he was the hottest driver (see thread hottest driver lol) coming into the chase and finished top 5 in half the chase races. He was too far behind from the engine at Chicago to do much though.

Seriously though... why wouldn't I have all the confidence in the world in my driver right now? He's the highest he's ever been in points.. has almost led as many laps this year as he had in his entire career at JGR. His team is one of if not the best in the garage right now and he just won a race in rather convincing fashion. Look at his stats since coming to Penske... more than 1/3 (15/43) of his finishes have been top 5's. He had 16 top 5's in 147 starts at JGR... and he's equalled his win total in all those starts already. He will be in the chase for a second consecutive year most likely. With Penske being the only winner on that track type and the amount of mile and a half tracks in the schedule, with the fact that he has been fast everywhere else too....... I mean damn he was even fast at Martinsville... that was always a throw away race imo lol... Like I said why wouldn't my confidence in my driver be at an all time high? Were you here when I first came here? LOL At least now I have stats to back up my Joey rants.

I agree with DP, of course someone will win at least 5 races. I would say there is less parity now than in the past. I think there is a funding gap that is beginning to show itself. In the past the traditional top tier teams were funded about the same, be it RCR HMS RFR, gibbs, penske etc. This funding gap will manifest iself and IMO already has. RCR isn't funded that well they are still looking to fill in races for austin, That was a late sponsor announcement probably at a discount, RFR in reality they only have 2.5 fully funded cars.
in order of funding
-HMS
-penske probably just as well funded I just think roger doesn't care if he makes any money from it
-gibbs
-SHR
-RCR
-RFR probably about equal between the last 2, RCR may have more alliances which could make them stronger.
-MWR 2.25 funded cars licking wounds after richmond

notice that is pretty much who is running well at the same time?? lack of funding does show itself

Stewart Haas has been a disaster this year , and none of them would make the chase based on season points . A couple of really great runs have been solely on driver talent and Rodney Childers . As bad a MWR have been , I would say they are a better organiztion than SHR but their program has really felt the loss of Childers . He may prove to be irreplaceable . No disrespect to SHR and it's fans , but the wholesale changes in drivers and crew chiefs cannot be overcome in one year.
I don't know what to make of RCR . I like how well Menard is running , but I still have to put the organization at the bottom of the list . I don't think they can put together a win this year.
RFR still has a great program and two top drivers . I think they can stay in the top four organizations.
Love to stir things up. :)

I think SHR will be more of a threat at the smaller tracks... they seem to be having trouble keeping their cars under them at big tracks.

are you crazy?? SHR is in a way better spot than MWR, to my knowledge all their cars are funded fully, I think Tony is still recovering from his leg, but kevin could be sitting on 3 wins right now if not for weird problems. Kurt's won and danica has full funding.

are you crazy?? SHR is in a way better spot than MWR, to my knowledge all their cars are funded fully, I think Tony is still recovering from his leg, but kevin could be sitting on 3 wins right now if not for weird problems. Kurt's won and danica has full funding.
I can't help but wonder if the speed and the mechanical issues coincide...

Is this even a serious question?

Of course we will see 5+ race winners this year. At least 3 of them will.

Seems like Harvick could've won almost every race, had he not had so many mechanical failures. We all know he has the skill so, if his car hadn't went kerplunk so many times, he'd probably already be close to 5.

Guess that's just how it goes though....

Kevin won 5 ,once in his career and that was almost ten years ago . He's a great driver,and is back with a great crew chief , but five is a lot to hope for.

5+ winners over the recent history of NASCAR

2013 - 2 - Matt Kenseth,7 - Jimmie Johnson,6
2012 - 3 - Denny Hamlin,5 - Jimmie Johnson,5 - Brad Keselowski,5
2011 - 1 - Tony Stewart,5
2010 - 2 - Denny Hamlin,8 - Jimmie Johnson,6
2009 - 2 - Jimmie Johnson,7 - Mark Martin,5
2008 - 3 - Carl Edwards,9 - Kyle Busch,8 - Jimmie Johnson,7
2007 - 2 - Jimmie Johnson,10 - Jeff Gordon,6
2006 - 4 - Kasey Kahne,6 - Kevin Harvick,5 - Jimmie Johnson,5 - Tony Stewart,5
2005 - 2 - Greg Biffle,6 - Tony Stewart,5
2004 - 3 - Jimmie Johnson,8 - Dale Earnhardt Jr.,6 - Jeff Gordon,5

It may not be a question of of 'Will anyone?'. It may be more of a question of 'How many will?'

It may not be a question of of 'Will anyone?'. It may be more of a question of 'How many will?'

Watch this get spun into Penske winning every remaining race :blink:

Hamlin has a lot of wins on that list, but what a struggle over the last few years. I'd love to see him get a win this weekend! Also I forgot how fast Carl was a few years back, wow his team has really dropped off...

Kevin won 5 ,once in his career and that was almost ten years ago . He's a great driver,and is back with a great crew chief , but five is a lot to hope for.
He won 4 races in 2011 and 2013 with RCR - I could easily see 5 this yr. if the reliability comes in.

Brad is the best bet to hit 5 IMO. Still think JJ has a shot as well

Gordon has been the most consistent this year (knock on wood) if he catches a break with the GWC not coming out at the mile n a halfers - watch out. He'd be the 1st to get 5 and maybe even 2 or 3 in a row.

Gordon has been the most consistent this year (knock on wood) if he catches a break with the GWC not coming out at the mile n a halfers - watch out. He'd be the 1st to get 5 and maybe even 2 or 3 in a row.
He has been RIGHT there....

Anyone wanna change their thinkin' on this?
I know we are only half way through the season but we've had a heap of winners

Back
Top Bottom