Would Removing the track bar help the Aero Package?

4tires17gals

Team Owner
I think having a uniform track bar setting would create amazing IROC like racing!

The more the cars are turned into IROC cars, with little difference from one driver/crew chief combo to another, the less passing we see on the race track imo. Let's leave what little room there is for creativity and variation in the sport.

Removing the track bar allows the rear end housing to flop around as if ... the track bar had been removed. The aero package won't even notice it's gone.

I hope that's helpful.

I doubt the track bar would have that effect. Even if it did, I don't watch NASCAR to see IROC-style racing. I would like to see another IROC-style series but don't turn Cup-level racing into one.

I doubt the track bar would have that effect. Even if it did, I don't watch NASCAR to see IROC-style racing. I would like to see another IROC-style series but don't turn Cup-level racing into one.

I think a lot of fans (not on this forum) like IROC style racing in cup as the 4 plate races are fairly close to it and they are some of the most watched races.

OR...another IROC-like series could be created and all the NASCAR series' could not mandate certain rules packages. Just imagine an era where 1 series is all about pack racing and the other series are about being innovative where small teams actually have a chance to compete. Oh, wait...we had that up until about 15 years ago and then Brian France decided to enter the sport.

NASCAR could at least try it for 5 races. It's cheap and eas y to do.

OR...another IROC-like series could be created and all the NASCAR series' could not mandate certain rules packages. Just imagine an era where 1 series is all about pack racing and the other series are about being innovative where small teams actually have a chance to compete. Oh, wait...we had that up until about 15 years ago and then Brian France decided to enter the sport.

LOL, sometimes I think about the old days when there were different chassis and engine builders and the crew chiefs had latitude with car set up and parts used and then I tell myself how much better things are today.

If NASCAR wanted to “create amazing IROC like racing” they wouldn’t mess with the track bar. They’d just put it in the script. Don’t you think?

nascar want to iroc with the cot car. when one band gets a advantage the others bitch until they get the same thing. nascar needs to put limits on how much money each team can spend.

nascar want to iroc with the cot car. when one band gets a advantage the others bitch until they get the same thing. nascar needs to put limits on how much money each team can spend.
Nascar has been doing that for ages. However placing a limit on how much money each can spend would be impossible to enforce.

Nascar has been doing that for ages. However placing a limit on how much money each can spend would be impossible to enforce.

Would it really though? Drivers, Crew chiefs and I *think* pit crew members are already on a "contract" basis. Just require a copy to be sent to NASCAR and then you can start talking about salary caps. The problem is all the engineering department salaries and the performance they buy.

I think having a uniform track bar setting would create amazing IROC like racing!
I am not sure you really have an understanding as to what the track bar does.

And holly carp, complaints about NASCAR being to "spec" and then in the same breath, what NASCAR to be like the IROC series :owquitit::owquitit::owquitit::owquitit::owquitit::owquitit:

Here's an idea.

Stop mandating every last ******* thing down to the T.

Let the teams/manufactures build cars how they want and let competition resume.

Get rid of the splitters, side skirts, shark fins, airplane wings, whatever. Keep the safety innovations of course, but get the cars off the ground and make shock, spring combinations matter again.

Here's an idea.

Get rid of the splitters, side skirts, shark fins, airplane wings, whatever. Keep the safety innovations of course, but get the cars off the ground and make shock, spring combinations matter again.
The problem with that is then the cars will be easier to get airborne, so they are safety innovations. I would agree with making the shock and springs more by the crews than Nascar. I would also think it would be helpful to make the track bar only adjusted by the pit crew and not by the driver during the race.

Here's an idea.

If you let the team/manufactures do what they want they will add spitters, side skirts, shark fins, etc. They'd probably come up with a modern version of the Dodge Daytona. I do agree with you that they should get the cars off the ground and put the suspension back into play. I think that could be more of a safety issue based on how the driver's bodies have to do the work of the shocks these days.

The few things they mandated to keep the cars from going airborne is covered under "Safety"
They can also mandate the ride height when the car is at rest. Let the teams innovate from that point on.

Here's an idea.

If everything is mandated and there is not sufficient freedom, why is it that some teams hit the set up and others miss it? Every week there are teams that are happy and others pulling their hair out over set up decisions. And when conditions change, like the sun going down, some teams keep up with the changing race track, and others don't. How can this be?

Track-Bar-1024x978.png

If everything is mandated and there is not sufficient freedom, why is it that some teams hit the set up and others miss it? Every week there are teams that are happy and others pulling their hair out over set up decisions. And when conditions change, like the sun going down, some teams keep up with the changing race track, and others don't. How can this be?

My feeling is that everything is magnified at 200 mph . Every 1/8th in ride height , every degree in track temp , every 1/4 pound of air pressure . You run those same cars at 100mph and those things don't mean anything .

Mainly because the whiny ass driver wants his car to perform better than others regardless of his position on the track. For that reason they now allow the driver to make his own adjustments inside the car. Some can and others can't but there is nothing a crew chief can do to make a driver better, he can only pander to his wants.
If the set up was most important, then every driver should be able to make the same car go the same speed and yet Jeff Gordon can't drive JJ's set up. Why??

Mainly because the whiny ass driver wants his car to perform better than others regardless of his position on the track. For that reason they now allow the driver to make his own adjustments inside the car.
And all this time I thought the purpose of the adjuster was to allow adjustments to the rear roll center height in order to compensate for fuel burn and tire wear.

You learn sumthin' new every day.

Why not just leave it the way it is?

The OP doesn't know what the thing does and wants it removed in one breath and wants a "uniform" setting in the next.

It isn't broken. There's nothing to fix.

Nascar routinely fixes things that are not broken.

There has always been healthy racing in NASCAR. People forgot lapping lap traffic is the purest form of NASCAR and does not require all these changes because it exisits in all aero packages.

Remember when second place was 3 laps down and racing as hard as he could to stay there. :)

Back
Top Bottom