YOUR CHASE FOR THE SPRINT CUP

Thegroundpounder99

Bull in a China Shop
A lot of talk about the Chase schedule lately. So if you were in charge, what 10 tracks would make up the Chase?

1) Martinsville
2) Montreal
3) Talladega
4) Bristol
5) IOWA
6) Charlotte
7) Richmond
8) Homestead
9) Dover
10) Phoenix

I like your schedule. The only change I'd make --- I'd put Richmond as the last one. Get back to the roots of racing -- short track Saturday night for all the money, marbles and chalk.
I do realize that Richmond weather late in the season could be very iffy --- but I can dream, can't I? :)

I like your schedule. The only change I'd make --- I'd put Richmond as the last one. Get back to the roots of racing -- short track Saturday night for all the money, marbles and chalk.
I do realize that Richmond weather late in the season could be very iffy --- but I can dream, can't I? :)

Yes you can:) I didn't put them in any order but that'd be great to see it settled on a Saturday night bullring.

1. Watkins Glen (run it first due to weather)
2. Iowa
3. Indianapolis Raceway park
4. Greenville Pickens Speedwa
5. Richmond
6. Winchester
7. Rockingham
8. Darlington
9. North Wilksboro
10. Martinsville

I am not trying to make a statement by adding Rockingham and Wilksboro , they are technical tracks that reward the best best.
Forget track locations or splitting the dates to suite share holders just run the races were the racing quality is at its best, and everybody wins in the long run.

The heavy dose of short tracks will produce the drama, and it also elevates a drivers role, because this chase schedule requires a complete driver.

A lot of talk about the Chase schedule lately. So if you were in charge, what 10 tracks would make up the Chase?

1. Bristol
2. Rockingham
3. Talladega
4. Watkin Glen
5. Martinsville
6. Charlotte
7. Darlington
8. Dover
9. Indianapolis
10. Iowa

I picked these ten tracks because not one of them are the same, they all have something different about them and will challenge each race team in a different way.

I think it would be a good idea that they race 10 tracks each year that they don't race during the regular season. I'm sure Andy could come up with some tracks for this, this would really show what the Chase drivers are made off. Also I think they should run shorter races, 350 miles sounds more like it. 500 mile races is what is putting a lot us to sleep half way threw the races. There should be at least 2 road courses in the Chase also.

I think it would be a good idea that they race 10 tracks each year that they don't race during the regular season. I'm sure Andy could come up with some tracks for this, this would really show what the Chase drivers are made off. Also I think they should run shorter races, 350 miles sounds more like it. 500 mile races is what is putting a lot us to sleep half way threw the races. There should be at least 2 road courses in the Chase also.

1) Baltimore
2) North Wilkesboro
3) Rockingham
4) Montreal
5) Milwaukee
6) Iowa
7) Gateway
8) Pikes Peak
9) Portland
10) Las Vegas

How's that look? :)

Personally, if we have to have a Chase (they should scrap it), I agree with Blue, they should race at tracks they don't race on in the regular season and they should alternate some of the tracks. I'd like to see some NASCAR street races (Baltimore perhaps?) and more tracks that have character (Rockingham). Restrictor plate races don't belong in the Chase -- it's just complete and utter BS that a guy who runs strong all season could lose the entire championship by getting caught up in a Talladega Big One. I know road courses can be the same way, but it's not very often that half the field is taken out in a single accident on a road course.

I think it would be a good idea that they race 10 tracks each year that they don't race during the regular season.

That would really make it a 10 race championship. I think that would cheapen the whole thing.

My Chase * See note #1

First stop Talledega....NASCAR racing is for the Fans not the drivers. Lets get it over with first.
Then to Martinsville....To rub some more fenders and tear more stuff up just at lower speeds. I can go civil war relic hunting while we're up that way!
On up to Watkins Glenn....Surprised ya with that one did'nt I. The scenic track also puts up some great racing, Fun to watch! I'll also throw in 10,000 free pass's to anyone who can prove their from Brooklyn....I just like hearing them tawk.
Been easy on em so far but now I'll make them prove they can Drive ;)
Next up a Drivers track Rockingham.....it's my list I'm running the show I can damn well put The Rock back on the schedule :p
At the half way point a sweet halfmile sounds good Richmond short track style!
Charlotte it's the home to most the teams and the racings not bad either. * see note 2
Then on to a track thats near and dear to my heart and we're doing her on Halloween Weekend :D Darlington..... nuff said yall know the Lady in Black and her wicked ways. ( I ever mention years ago I met the Love of my Life at Darlington? )
The West Coast deserves a little something. Very little considering they wont even show up at Cali :( So I'm giving them...........Phoenix!
Texas gets the nod for race 9 ( maybe it'll keep Bruton from whining he ain't Represented enough* again see note #2) besides I like Texas and the fishing on Lake Fork is great that time of year.
And bringing it on home there's no where else to end it after years of people whining that our "Superbowl" is the first race of the year.
Hell Ya! Where Finishing it of at DAYTONA BABY!!!

Notes,
#1. I HATE The Chase we should race an ENTIRE SEASON to determine a Season Champion, nuf said.
#2. Due to Charlotte being in My Chase it will no longer host the All Star race they get to keep the 600 BUTT from the time I take over the All Star race will be rotated yearly thru the Tracks listed in My Chase. If Bruton bitches or threatens to sue, Charlotte comes off the list and North Wilkesborough is in My Chase!!!

Bonus points are availible for my prvious thread, it's up to you to find how they are earned. PM me your answers :D

1) Martinsville
2) Montreal
3) Talladega
4) Bristol
5) IOWA
6) Charlotte
7) Richmond
8) Homestead
9) Dover
10) Phoenix

I don't know how I forgot about Darlington:confused: Scrap Dover then. I'd scrap all of them except Martinsville for North Wilkesboro. That was an awesome track, not much left of the old girl now:(

) Martinsville
2) Darlington
3) Talladega
4) Watkins Glen with the boot
5) IOWA
6) Charlotte
7) Richmond
8) Homestead
9) Atlanta
10)Bristol

No long winded explanation needed, race fans arent stupid, most anyway, list speaks for itself.

1. Watkins Glen (run it first due to weather)
2. Iowa
3. Indianapolis Raceway park
4. Greenville Pickens Speedwa
5. Richmond
6. Winchester
7. Rockingham
8. Darlington
9. North Wilksboro
10. Martinsville

I am not trying to make a statement by adding Rockingham and Wilksboro , they are technical tracks that reward the best best.
Forget track locations or splitting the dates to suite share holders just run the races were the racing quality is at its best, and everybody wins in the long run.

The heavy dose of short tracks will produce the drama, and it also elevates a drivers role, because this chase schedule requires a complete driver.

6. Winchester :eek:

Don't you dare mess up my 400 weekend at Winchester. Plus, the place only will hold 10,000.

Do I get a bonus point for correcting the track length of Richmond to 3/4 miles instead of a half mile track?

No because you did'nt real or follow the rules ( PM answer ) and have ruined it for everybody. So grab your dunce cap and head to the corner!

Back
Top Bottom