Youth movement: Who's next?

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
We've seen a ton of young talent working their way up to NASCAR from the short track ranks. IMO, thanks to the CARS Tour and enhanced coverage of grassroots racing from NASCAR Roots and other media outlets (Short Track Scene, Racing America, etc.), we're seeing more and more talented young drivers move up.

With Ty Gibbs in Cup now, Josh Berry apparently destined for a full-time Cup ride, John Hunter Nemechek in the mix, and the talent in Trucks and Xfinity, who's next for NASCAR? What drivers in Xfinity and Trucks (and ARCA) will be in Cup in five years? And who have you seen on the local/regional level that you think will get a shot in Xfinity in the next few years?

He's really, really young, but Paulie Hartwig III is someone out of the North East to keep an eye on. Swept both crate modified races at North Wikesboro last year. Kids like 12 but making noise with both pavement and dirt modifieds.

Lavar Scott African American kid out of Jersey. I've seen him race micros and he made his way into ARCA this year. Ran top 5 at Daytona with a shot to win. Saturday at Dover for the East most drivers would have wrecked the car as loose as he was late.

Brent Crews, 14. Has done a little bit of everything so far in midgets/micros, pro late models, Trans-Am.

Mandy Chick could surprise some folks if she got any kind of dependable and consistent ride.

Hasn't been mentioned yet but Carson Hocevar. Kid is a wheelman in the trucks. He'll make it to Cup I bet

Jake Garcia.

18 year old rookie contender in the Truck Series. Off to a great start.

Back
Top Bottom