#11 Team Penalty

Cheaters! Chain Gang! Felons!
1724359691377.gif

Love it 🥰! Hambone’s company has to be part of the conspiracy verses all on TRD; why else would Gabe be fined $100K, and so many points whacked off the Hamcrap’s total?

Love it 🥰! Hambone’s company has to be part of the conspiracy verses all on TRD; why else would Gabe be fined $100K, and so many points whacked off the Hamcrap’s total?
I assume Toyota will pick up the $100K fine. It's gonna be difficult to compensate JGR for the points...

That is why the rule is in place to keep a team from doing what they did. They did a whole bunch of things wrong. I think all of them had a hand in it weather it was an accident or on purpose, that engine went thru many hands and nobody caught it.

Massive blunder by TRD…gonna cost Denny at least 13 playoff points as it stands now, or essentially half of what the 11 team worked to earn all season thus far. Yikes.

Karma falls hard for ol Revman. Hambone lost more points than a race, didn't attempt the double. Hamlin was probably sitting at home hanging out and did absolutely nothing to deserve the penalty lol. I bet Denny squeals bloody murder.
Maybe we’ll hear from Rev today about how he feels that the 11 are cheaters. I’m guessing he might be disappointed in Hamliny and co.

This thing just makes no sense. A cheated up motor would have been no advantage in that race with the way the tires were. However someone like TRD doesn't accidently tear down a racing winning engine before its inspected.

Really they left nascar no other choice than to punish them as if it were illegal, as they have no way to prove it was legal.

Unfortunately TRD has a history of doing some "innovative" things with motors. Remember the light connecting rods in Kenseth's race winning engine in the past.... Funny how it always seems to be race winning engines

How could it take Nascar 5 months to figure out they didn't get the engine to inspect? The timing is what bugs me.
Maybe I'm wrong but from how I took it was it wasn't that they didn't have it inspected it because they can run the motor again as long as it remains sealed and inspected later. The problem was that the seals were broken and it was rebuilt before it was inspected.

How could it take Nascar 5 months to figure out they didn't get the engine to inspect? The timing is what bugs me.
The engine was sealed after they won Bristol and after the race Gibbs took it out and put it back in inventory, somehow it got sent back to TRD and they opened it before NASCAR did, that's a big no no

Reactions: Pat
Maybe I'm wrong but from how I took it was it wasn't that they didn't have it inspected it because they can run the motor again as long as it remains sealed and inspected later. The problem was that the seals were broken and it was rebuilt before it was inspected.
If I read that correctly, I think that is the point of it.

That's sounds pretty right. Here is something else. That engine won at Bristol. That winning engine had to stay in that car to be ran again to not have been inspected. What they did was to take a winning engine, took it away and "rebuilt" it and were going to put it back in service.

In other words How would you like teams to bring an engine to race. Run it, win the race, and then take it back to be "rebuilt" and Nascar never takes a look at it.? That raises some questions eh? That's' why the big penalty, that's why they took away the win. The yotas swear nothing was fishy, at the very least that is cheating.

This all comes to a head when the yotas in a big HP track like Michigan had speed. They fumbled around, some wrecked themselves and some had numerous other screw ups, but one, B+ made it to the end of the race in first place. Nascar did take a bunch back to inspect. Could be co-incidence, but it looks like Nascar is on the job anyway.

Unfortunately TRD has a history of doing some "innovative" things with motors. Remember the light connecting rods in Kenseth's race winning engine in the past.... Funny how it always seems to be race winning engines
Urban myth.

Nobody in their right mind assembles a high rpm race engine with 1 connecting rod lighter than the other 7. It defeats the entire purpose of balancing the rotating assembly.

“Toyota said in a statement that the connecting rod in question was three grams under the legal minimum weight, and none of the other seven were found to be at fault.”

Urban myth.

Nobody in their right mind assembles a high rpm race engine with 1 connecting rod lighter than the other 7. It defeats the entire purpose of balancing the rotating assembly.

“Toyota said in a statement that the connecting rod in question was three grams under the legal minimum weight, and none of the other seven were found to be at fault.”

Engines and tires are sacred ground in Nascar, you should know that.

Urban myth.

One would think, but race teams do a lot of crazy things to make up for something else in that area. Its hard to believe that SOP wouldn't be to weigh them all, therefore the only way would end up with a light one was because it was intentional. This isn't ol Billy-Bob in his garage putting together an engine for his old pick-up and just assumes everything that he buys is right. These guys do QC on everything.

Back
Top Bottom