12 Hours of Sebring TV schedule (FOX Sucks 1)

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
What the actual ****. FOX pays for the entire IMSA schedule through 2018 and can't even be bothered to show the fans more than the first quarter of the second-biggest race of the season. If you're not going to give a **** about it let someone who can respect the sport pick up television rights; you're doing a huge disservice to the fans. FOX is going to kill this series before it ever has the chance to get off the ground.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 28, 2014) – FOX Sports 1 will carry live coverage of the first three hours of the 62nd running of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida on Saturday, March 15, the second round of both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup.

The remainder of the event will be streamed live on IMSA.com and through the FOX Sports Go mobile app. FOX Sports 1 also will televise a three-hour full race highlight show from Sebring beginning at 8:30 a.m. ET on Sunday, March 16. The balance of the 2014 TUDOR Championship television schedule will be announced next week.

The Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge event at Sebring International Raceway on Friday, March 14, will be streamed live in its entirety on IMSA.com beginning at 1 p.m. ET. The two-hour broadcast will air March 19 on FOX Sports 1 at 1 p.m. ET and will re-air March 23 on FOX Sports 2 beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET. - See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/fox-sports-1-air-first-three-hours-sebring#sthash.7EgwC0I7.dpuf

That is bad. I would have figured they would at least show the final couple of hours on Fox Sports 2.

tell ya what, I watched the entire 24 at Daytona on a stream I believe it was showing in Great Britain, and they had another team of announcers who would announce the race when Fox Puke was showing all the commercials. They had a few commercials of their own but nothing compared to Fox. So the IMSA. com stream won't have much to do to beat Fox's coverage, probably a whole lot more racing coverage. It is like this network is trying to single handedly set racing back 20 years.

tell ya what, I watched the entire 24 at Daytona on a stream I believe it was showing in Great Britain, and they had another team of announcers who would announce the race when Fox Puke was showing all the commercials. They had a few commercials of their own but nothing compared to Fox. So the IMSA. com stream won't have much to do to beat Fox's coverage, probably a whole lot more racing coverage. It is like this network is trying to single handedly set racing back 20 years.

I guess it must have been MotorsTV. They have shown the full petit lemans in past years while SPEED was only showing a few hours. Too bad there isnt a consistent 24h stream of MotorsTV online

Endurance race coverage was good on SPEED. I guess when Fox said "F*** second teir motorsports and SPEED", they werent kidding.

How is this bitchin new championship supposed to gain traction with disgraceful tv coverage?

So, ARCA's already angry over their treatment from FOX Sports 1. Camping World is probably going to exit the series because of FOX Sports 1. And now, this?

FS1logo.jpg

SOI, please post a link for the race if you see one. I'll do the same. Just ditched my cable and between plans, but would love to see the race.
As a reminder, http://www.fiawec.com/ is a fantastic source for LeMans road course racing action, when they get going. I'm in the process of migrating away from cable monopoly BS and am learning to appreciate how far ahead the European and Asian providers have become.

How is this bitchin new championship supposed to gain traction with disgraceful tv coverage?
It won't, which is a damn shame. The pitiful coverage at Daytona was a sign of things to come. Casual viewers aren't going to clamor for FS2 or sit on their computer at IMSA.com to watch a race.

The sad truth is that automotive racing is is a minority sport and sports car racing is further down the list. I miss the old Speedvision channel which Fox turned it into SpeedTV, then Fox 1 (which sounds like a missile shot).

So, why isn't the race on FOX Sports 1 or FOX Sports 2. College baseball. UFC reruns. UFC reality show reruns. UFC prelims. FOX Sports Live reruns (seriously).

FS1logo.jpg

The sad truth is that automotive racing is is a minority sport and sports car racing is further down the list. I miss the old Speedvision channel which Fox turned it into SpeedTV, then Fox 1 (which sounds like a missile shot).
compared to some stick n ball it is a minority, but Fox Puke is all about dollars and cents. They show a couple of eastern B ball games, use only three or four cameras and a couple three announcers and call it good. They make a profit because the population density and the lack of labor costs. They don't give a hoot about sports, they will cut racing's throat for a few bucks....and they have. It is no accident that Nascar and other series are starting a streaming network..Fox is killing the sport.

Unbelievable. No one gives a **** about college baseball until May, and even then it's a very small number of people giving a ****.

FS1/FS2 are dreadful.

Guess Rupert Murdoch is now bowing down to the climate change idiots and is helping them to do away with motor sports all together. If there is no auto racing on TV broadcasted then it will decline and eventually go away all together.

Back
Top Bottom