12 Hrs of Sebring 2020

From FLRacingFan's post
One positive about this race being postponed so far back is that it actually gets better TV coverage than usual, with the whole 12 Hours being shown on linear TV, including a window on NBC.

Pretty talented field to end the season across a total of 31 cars (8 DPi/4 LMP2/6 GTLM/13 GTD).

EmkW2lVXUAEqQa8

From FLRacingFan's post
One positive about this race being postponed so far back is that it actually gets better TV coverage than usual, with the whole 12 Hours being shown on linear TV, including a window on NBC.

Pretty talented field to end the season across a total of 31 cars (8 DPi/4 LMP2/6 GTLM/13 GTD).

EmkW2lVXUAEqQa8
And it's broken into nicely digestible chunks that I can consume over the next several days, delaying the Racing DTs a bit longer.

1605363329316.png

As a kid growing up my mother bought this new car to
run us 4 kids around to football and cheerleading events.
1972 Plymouth Satellite SEBRING Plus. The car had a 400 in it!
Something tells me my mom may have not known what she was
buying under the hood. Dad was more of a big Delta 88 driver.
When my older brothers got the car handed down to them, on went
the glasspacks. The car sounded like a beast . Especially when you
lifted off the gas, the exhaust pops were deafening.

Cant get through this weekend with out thinking about my SEBRING
childhood memories.

My picks with my picks group are # 7,3,14,60. Last race of a long crazy
Nascar, Indy , Imsa fantasy season.

Got a feeling today is going to be pretty crazy. Several championships still on the line in DPi and GTD, more nighttime running with the date change, and the usual Sebring dramas.

Just wow Team 7. This thing is wide open now for Dpi.

my picks still in - #3,14,16 (not 60).

Turbo issues.

Wayne Taylor and Shank must be thrilled to see Acura reliability issues in the pentultimate race for the cars they will be receiving next season.
That's the thing with the Cadillacs, those things might not be the quickest at most tracks but it seems like they're absolutely bulletproof in the endurance races and always fast at Daytona and Sebring.

If the #7 finishes last I think the #10 just needs to finish 5th here to win the title, unless the #31 wins.

EXCUSE ME?

I just got in from the track (run/workout) and I turned IMSA radio off. Damn.
Yep, think they said something about the #16 Porsche getting in it and kept going to stay on the lead lap too. Rough start for a lot of guys who still had a shot at a championship.

Yep, think they said something about the #16 Porsche getting in it and kept going to stay on the lead lap too. Rough start for a lot of guys who still had a shot at a championship.

Insane.

Acura has had issues, Corvette has issues. To think these teams were here five months ago for the Sprint race, but there is a massive difference in terms of setup for a 2 hour and 40 minute race compared to a 12 hour race. Not to mention just how much oscillation, bumps, and abuse these cars take for longer periods of time. This race has been a crazy one, just like the other major endurance events this season.

Well my picks have been blown to pieces. Just going to sit back and enjoy it now. Ha, novel idea.
I am already looking forward to the last hour of this. Like some ol Petit final moments with the
championship changing every other last laps.

Diffey gave this one a “MASSIVE CHAMPIONSHIP IMPLICATIONS”. Sounds like they’re back in the garage now after the suspension and bodywork got whipped on the way to the pit.

Oliver Gavin has crashed, it looks like another rear suspension failure for the 4 Corvette team. Hate to see Gavin's full-time career end like that as well.

Looks like the same type of incident at the Charlotte Roval.

That Mario story from his 12hr win in 1970 was awesome.
Endurance racing creates so many exciting issues. Back in 1990
at the Daytona 24 I saw a team change a Porsche axel behind the
wall at 3:30 in the morning. That hooked me ever since.

Corvette is done.

Something is up with the 3. It looks like another suspension failure, unreal.

Damaged the suspension. Well, that’ll do it. I know these teams hate each other but you can’t let your emotions get the best of you with over two hours to go.

A Mazda 1/2 would not hurt my feelings.

I wonder if they will be burning furniture tonite? Dont they do that at Sebring ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom