150,000 Buckeroos

71Fan

"We have to take advantage of being small," Hermie Sadler said. "We have to find a niche with a sponsor that doesn't have $12 million to spend, but they may want to pick a couple of different markets to do a one-race deal. I can go to a sponsor and say, 'OK, you don't have $12 million but for $150,000, we can do a single event."

Shoot! For 150K I could get them a whole Vintage Series for Five years. Not just one car, one race, But over twenty cars for five years of races.

I would guess that the $150,000 deal for one race could be competitive.

We're not talking about building a car and engine, the team already has that. We're not talking team overhead or R & D, just the expense of running the race, perhaps even including the leasing of an engine from one the top guys.

There are quite a few owners, Marcis, Donlavey, Long, Morganthau, and others, who would be more than happy to field a car for $150,000. And most of them have done it for less.

150,000 is a fortune to a very small team. That 150,000 gives them a boost that they may need, and also keeps em racing for a few more weeks. I dont think that the BAM car would still be out there if they hadnt gotten some small sponsorship.

I remember Shawna hawking for sponsors one night on The Best Dern Sports Show Period. She mentioned 5 mill for the year.

Back
Top Bottom