2 Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Joey Logano!!!

And if Brad's pit crew didn't cost him spots every stop, it was his title. Brad was the fastest car all race and spent all race running those guys down after losing track position.

If we are talking about removing bad luck...remove Logano's vibration issue, remove Brad's pit crew...

And 2020 looks like yesterday for the 2 car. I do agree about 2015, but 2020 was Brad's title if it was anyone's.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You seem to be missing the part where I'm saying it as a response to another post. The whole point of what I'm saying is that we can't just assume things and that it doesn't matter what might have happened.

He dominated the hell out of that race. I give Ross credit for doing everything humanly possible to remain competitive with the 2 Penske cars, but those guys smoked the field yesterday
I remember the last time Joey won the championship Roger Penske said that they had built all new cars for the chase with all of the latest and greatest parts and pieces. The Penske cars this year were a second and a half faster then the spring Phoenix race racing the same tire at the same track....all things being pretty equal.

You seem to be missing the part where I'm saying it as a response to another post. The whole point of what I'm saying is that we can't just assume things and that it doesn't matter what might have happened.
I agree with you. But my point sort of is within context of that. We can engage in all sorts of woulda coulda shouldas.

12*

Blaney has low key had a winning car the last 3 Phoenix races

Blaney was told to be Logano's wingman by Roger Penske yesterday. I doubt that situation arose in the regular season.

Ol' Joey seems to be relishing the hell out of winning a championship that supposedly "doesn't matter" or "doesn't count". Good for him.

They sure seem to matter to everyone except some of the ones watching on TV 🤷🏻‍♂️. Well except Hamlin, he uses that line as a coping mechanism I think.

Logano's perpetual happiness is becoming quite contagious.

Logano's perpetual happiness is becoming quite contagious.

He over came alot starting at the JGR zoo and they way he was treated by the Hambone afterwards. He stood up for himself, got a hand up by Keselowski and here he is a two time champ and it seems he holds no grudges. I'm sure others will comment on his not so shiny spots lol.

How long does championship gear usually take to ship from Nascars shop? It says no later than December 1st, does it usually take that long? No worries if it does, but just curious.

Joey is another guy I don't understand the fans hate for. Yeah he's tough on the track but seriously outside of the car he's one of the best guys in the sport. Does a lot for fan engagement as well. After they won at Vegas I think the championship was his to lose

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Joey is another guy I don't understand the fans hate for. Yeah he's tough on the track but seriously outside of the car he's one of the best guys in the sport. Does a lot for fan engagement as well. After they won at Vegas I think the championship was his to lose

I didn't like joey early in his career, he drove like an a-hole and acted like one. Now he still drives like an a-hole but doesn't get bent out of shape when people treat him the same on the track and when out of the car he has matured into what seems like a pretty decent guy. I look forward to hearing him in the booth in 10 years or so.

I've never liked Logano and the Carl Edwards stunt he pulled years ago is a major reason. He is pretty good in the booth.

His press conference was great.

He said something along the lines of

"Listen, kids are watching... I'm gonna have to have the talk with the kids at some point... 'listen, dad screwed up a lot, and it's all on TV now and YouTube. When you go looking at it and see it..don't do that"

I've never liked Logano and the Carl Edwards stunt he pulled years ago is a major reason. He is pretty good in the booth.
What was that one? For some reason don't recall one between those 2?

I remember Carl blocking Joey and wrecking them in 16 but I don't recall Joey doing anything to Carl either.

Joey is another guy I don't understand the fans hate for.

I've started threads before, asking why people dislike Joey so intensely. I never really got an answer that made any sense. The three most common answers...

> Joey looks dorky. WTF? I didn't know it's a beauty pageant.

> Logano lacks authenticity. This is pure rubbish. Joey is always smiling because he is a happy guy, recognizes he has the best job in the world for him, and is totally blessed. He's 100% authentic.

> Social media groupthink. Some people dislike Joey because everyone else dislikes Joey. Just following the crowd.

I'm not particularly a Logano fan, but I have a natural tendency to stick up for drivers who are unfairly attacked. And Logano gets a lot of unfair attacks on social media, including here at R-F. And I agree he sometimes is too aggressive, prone to crossing the line sometimes. I haven't forgiven him for wrecking Brad K who had achieved the perfect position to win the Daytona 500. Joey threw a late, desperate block that had just one possible outcome... to wreck both cars. Stupid and childish.

This is kind of a ridiculous take tbh. Lol

I was going to say the same but my "JJ should have had 9" take likely disqualifies me from casting that stone

Joey is another guy I don't understand the fans hate for.

I've started threads before, asking why people dislike Joey so intensely. I never really got an answer that made any sense.

I certainly don't hate Logano, but the deal with Byron at Darlington is a perfect example of why I don't care much for him at all. Byron accidentally pushing him up the track on the restart was a racing deal, but not in Joey's eyes. He felt that was worth blatantly smacking Byron out of the lead and killing his car. I know I've used this analogy before, but that's like a flick on the knee compared to a punch to the throat. Then all Joey's big talk after the race how he won't put up with anyone racing him rough and if Byron wants to retaliate, he will pay him back twice as hard. AGAIN.

I'm sure Logano has PTSD from Hamlin's bullying in his early years, and I know just about every driver is a hypocrite on some level, but I can't stand that line of irrational thinking. Payback is fine when warranted, but I respect and appreciate retaliation of the appropriate level and the wisdom to understand what actions deserve what kind of response. Generally speaking, the punishment should fit the crime, or at least be close. An eye for an eye.

I do think Logano seems like a good dude, and one hell of a good driver.

Logano was dominating the spring race at Darlington. He led more laps than any driver at 107. Late with only 28 laps left and on a restart, Byron in a dersperation move lead his first laps of the race when he ran Logano up the track and Logano ran out of track and into the wall. I don't fault Logano for not taking any chances passing Byron for the lead. Byron already proved he was desperate to win although he didn't have the car to so IMO. Logano locked himself in early.

Logano was dominating the spring race at Darlington. He led more laps than any driver at 107. Late with only 28 laps left and on a restart, Byron in a dersperation move lead his first laps of the race when he ran Logano up the track and Logano ran out of track and into the wall. I don't fault Logano for not taking any chances passing Byron for the lead. Byron already proved he was desperate to win although he didn't have the car to so IMO. Logano locked himself in early.
This was also after he tried to bump and run somebody in a previous race and said after the race that it’s much harder to move guys in the new car with the amount of grip.

He probably took that experience into account and used more force with Byron the second time (I honestly think it was Byron he tried to bump and run the first time lol). Was it excessive? Idk, maybe maybe not but he got the win and locked himself into the playoffs. PS Byron never messed with him again all season to the best of my knowledge.

I will say as a 22 fan I can understand his blocking on SuperSpeedways making people can’t stand him. I often can’t defend him there. When he blocked Buescher this year at Duel (The freaking duel!) I was so mad. Just threw my hands up and walked away lmao.

How many guys did we see get loose on the inside coming off of two throughout the race? It happened several times on restarts. Logano barely even touched the wall. It was light enough contact that his car had zero damage and he didn't lose any track position. It was a racing deal. It happens all the damn time.

If Logano's car was so much faster, he could have easily passed Byron without punting him into the wall. That's the lesson Matt Kenseth eventually taught Joey after Joey needlessly spun Kenseth at Kansas. Hell, even if Joey had just bumped Byron out of the way, OK, fair game. But it was absolutely unnecessary to pull a talentless video game move and just throw it into the corner right into Byron's tail in that manner.

Sure, we can justify it and make excuses for it, but the icing on the cake was the tough guy talk afterwards. Byron had every right to be upset, and here's Joey running his mouth acting like they were even. Whatever.

Logano lost the lead because of Byron's move. There was contact by Byron, (that started it) Byron didn't back off after contact and Joey brushed the wall. Logano didn't know how much damage he had and I believe he lost three spots gathering it up. Passed all of them and then it was payback time. At least he doesn't run his mouth and never do anything like so many other drivers seem to do.

I'm sure Logano has PTSD from Hamlin's bullying in his early years, and I know just about every driver is a hypocrite on some level, but I can't stand that line of irrational thinking. Payback is fine when warranted, but I respect and appreciate retaliation of the appropriate level and the wisdom to understand what actions deserve what kind of response. Generally speaking, the punishment should fit the crime, or at least be close. An eye for an eye.

I do think Logano seems like a good dude, and one hell of a good driver.

I think Joey could probably use those 2 cup series trophies to console him. Remind us again how many Denny has?

If anyone has PTSD it's Denny from finding new ways to lose the championship. Dude even went into the final race one year with the lead and found a way to lose it.

How many guys did we see get loose on the inside coming off of two throughout the race? It happened several times on restarts. Logano barely even touched the wall. It was light enough contact that his car had zero damage and he didn't lose any track position. It was a racing deal. It happens all the damn time.

If Logano's car was so much faster, he could have easily passed Byron without punting him into the wall. That's the lesson Matt Kenseth eventually taught Joey after Joey needlessly spun Kenseth at Kansas. Hell, even if Joey had just bumped Byron out of the way, OK, fair game. But it was absolutely unnecessary to pull a talentless video game move and just throw it into the corner right into Byron's tail in that manner.

Sure, we can justify it and make excuses for it, but the icing on the cake was the tough guy talk afterwards. Byron had every right to be upset, and here's Joey running his mouth acting like they were even. Whatever.
Logano hit Byron about as hard as Byron hit Hamlin…under caution. Hell there were posters that said Hamlin should’ve been able to control his car in that moment. Maybe Byron should’ve had better control of his car and he finishes the race in second place 😇

Logano hit Byron about as hard as Byron hit Hamlin…under caution. Hell there were posters that said Hamlin should’ve been able to control his car in that moment. Maybe Byron should’ve had better control of his car and he finishes the race in second place 😇

I probably said that, LOL. It was meant to be tongue in cheek, but I enjoy any opportunity to make fun of Denny. And Denny had it coming for repeat offenses of driving like a tool. I give Byron credit for retaliating in a manner that had zero chance of destroying any race cars

I probably said that, LOL. It was meant to be tongue in cheek, but I enjoy any opportunity to make fun of Denny. And Denny had it coming for repeat offenses of driving like a tool. I give Byron credit for retaliating in a manner that had zero chance of destroying any race cars
Haha at least you admitted to it. I didn’t know if it was you or not so I didn’t directly call you out Lol. Just having some fun, cheers.

IIRC after Byron pushed logano into the wall, his crew were telling him over the radio how it was such a flagrant foul and basically told Joey he needs to retaliate and such. Yes, Joey is the one driving the car but the info they were feeding him didn't seem to fit the situation.

My wife and I like to adopt nicknames for many of the drivers. Some are sort of compliments, some are put downs, others are just a play on words using their name.

Joey “The Clown“ is someone I didn’t like for years. His rough or intentionally harsh driving mashed up some of our fav drivers. We laughed and applauded when Kenseth crunched him up and his clown car wobbled back down the track.

I have come to like the guy, even though we don’t pull for him. I do think his genuine personality is good and he’s a good family guy. I wanted Ross to win but as he couldn’t was actually happy for Joey to get his second championship. Now, if he’d find a way to “Kenseth” Hambone we might bring the clown into our fav fold!

IIRC after Byron pushed logano into the wall, his crew were telling him over the radio how it was such a flagrant foul and basically told Joey he needs to retaliate and such. Yes, Joey is the one driving the car but the info they were feeding him didn't seem to fit the situation.
There were two laps left in the race when Logano caught up with Byron. I would think MOVE HIM would be appropriate lol.

1668269927201.png

Back
Top Bottom