20 injured in Pennsylvania school stabbing, suspect in custody

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Not far from my location.....

DEVELOPING: Twenty students were wounded — four seriously — during multiple stabbings at a high school near Pittsburgh and one person is in custody early Wednesday, emergency officials say.

Dan Stevens, a spokeswoman for Westmoreland County emergency management, told FoxNews.com that the male suspect is in custody following the incident at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, roughly 15 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Link

I guess it takes a gun to make it interesting these days. :confused:

Anyhow, what a scary story it is to think that one person could cause so much damage with a knife before he was taken out.

Local stations reporting that they expect everyone to survive their injuries. Some are still in critical condition.

In custody and 16 years old, last I heard there were 4 in the OR in critical condition.

These random mass attacks by kids, are these a product of poor parenting, media overload, video games???
It seems these incidences are becoming more frequent.
When we were kids nobody did this ****t.

I
These random mass attacks by kids, are these a product of poor parenting, media overload, video games???
In My Opinion, those two.

Bullying is being the key word thrown around. I'd certainly never say that retaliation is the answer but some can only be pushed so far.

We're raising a bunch of non-functional, ***** kids these days. Parents aren't allowed to spank their kids anymore. Hell, when I was a kid I'd rather fight every kid in school than I would have my mom after me.
I was bullied by an older kid when I was in 7th grade. I wound up hitting him in the head with a large stick. He never picked on me again. I did not go and shoot up the entire school or stab random students. We were allowed to fight our own battles. When you had a beef with another kid, you met at the flagpole after school and boxed, you didn't pull out a gun and shoot the other kid. We didn't whack ourselves because someone called us fat or stupid or ugly. You were actually allowed to call someone names when we were kids. It wasn't looked at as being "insensitive."
When we got out of line our parents cracked us in the head or whooped us with a belt. We knew we had it coming and we took our punishment. Sometimes we took a bite off of a bar of soap because we cussed. Sometimes I had to stand still while my sister got to hit me back.
When we were kids, there were consequences. My mom put fear into me. It's what kept me in line until I was old enough to figure it out on my own.
Kids nowadays know that there's nothing that anyone can do to them. A few days ago some idiot kid near here pulled out a sack of weed in class to sell to a classmate. The teacher tried to take the pot away from the kid and a physical confrontation ensued. The teacher was suspended, pending an investigation. There was public outcry on social media in support of the teacher. Who the hell raises a ******* kid that thinks it's ok to sell drugs in class??? The kid figured the teacher couldn't do anything to stop him. The kid was arrested for assaulting a school official and for possession of marijuana.
Sadly enough, IMO, society is responsible for these random mass attacks.

Last edited:
We're raising a bunch of non-functional, ***** kids these days. Parents aren't allowed to spank their kids anymore. Hell, when I was a kid I'd rather fight every kid in school than I would have my mom after me.
I was bullied by an older kid when I was in 7th grade. I wound up hitting him in the head with a large stick. He never picked on me again. I did not go and shoot up the entire school or stab random students. We were allowed to fight our own battles. When you had a beef with another kid, you met at the flagpole after school and boxed, you didn't pull out a gun and shoot the other kid. We didn't whack ourselves because someone called us fat or stupid or ugly. You were actually allowed to call someone names when we were kids. It wasn't looked at as being "insensitive."
When we got out of line our parents cracked us in the head or whooped us with a belt. We knew we had it coming and we took our punishment. Sometimes we took a bite off of a bar of soap because we cussed. Sometimes I had to stand still while my sister got to hit me back.
When we were kids, there were consequences. My mom put fear into me. It's what kept me in line until I was old enough to figure it out on my own.
Kids nowadays know that there's nothing that anyone can do to them. A few days ago some idiot kid near here pulled out a sack of weed in class to sell to a classmate. The teacher tried to take the pot away from the kid and a physical confrontation ensued. The teacher was suspended, pending an investigation. There was public outcry on social media in support of the teacher. Who the hell raises a ******* kid that thinks it's ok to sell drugs in class??? The kid figured the teacher couldn't do anything to stop him. The kid was arrested for assaulting a school official and for possession of marijuana.
Sadly enough, IMO, society is responsible for these random mass attacks.

Exactly. When I was a kid, if I misbehaved I got my *** beat. These days you have to give your kid a timeout.

Yeah, let's go there. :rolleyes:

If the kid used a gun, we'd probably be talking about 20 dead kids instead of 20 kids that survive the incident.

You can speculate all you want, point is, it's still gonna happen.

That's the last I'll say about it. :thumbsup:

This is just ridiculous! It's almost like you wake up expecting to see a story like this. Threats have been on the news here seriously every day for the past two weeks. There have been over 20 threats in the NWA area within the past two weeks. Typically, most shootings, stabbings and bombings don't include a threat, but with all the shootings and stabbings as of late, everything has to be taken serious.

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Saw where one "official" praised the student for pulling the fire alarm while another "official" said it put students in danger when they left the relative safety of a classroom and going into the hall where this lunatic was.

Can't win.....

Bk-Jac1IEAAg9ZA.jpg

My parents threw me outside and told me to play. I ended up creating up roads for my little cars, playing soccer with friends...riding bikes on adventures....

Today they are online all the time....

I saw an "update" on my local news last night. They said that the attacker's attorney has indicated that the kid "may have been the victim of online bullying". Well that makes it all ok then, right?

Back
Top Bottom