Yep but I'm glad its over and I can't wait for next year.

It's been an interesting year. I need some time to recuperate and then on to Daytona. Just think, in 3 short months it will be green flag time again.:calpping: :calpping:

Lets hope Sterling gets better, testing goes well, and everybody finds a ride somewhere.

Happy Holidays, drivers!

:bleh:

Busch wins race...Stewart wins championship. Ya might as well go and kick me now while I am down. I dont think I can ever be a fan of NASCAR again!

Kel

Very good season after a tragic start last year. A run to the wire.

Those young guns are going to be big trouble next year if they continue as the leave off this season.

Well I don't care to much for either Bucsh or Stewart but what I am happy about is that Ward finally moved back up to the 25th position in points. Way to go WARD!!:beerchug: :calpping: :beerchug: :calpping:

yes, go ward!!!!!!!!!!!! glad to see him get ready for next year

It was a great season overall. A lot of tight points races throughout the standings, and surprises galore to keep up the drama factor. I'm looking forward to 2003! :thumbsup:

Yeah I aggree with the good season thing :)

Lotta things to keep track of for next year. The rookies have a lot to live up to now and some former good teams that had a bad year has to rebound.

With the rules being setup as they are, are we in for years for this close of point race every time?

I'm kinda glad this season is over. It'll be good to have a little break from it all. I think next year is going to be every bit as close as this one was. I am hoping that DJ can keep us his gradual increase from the end of this season. Maybe even go for another championship. :satisfied

I was so mad at Todd for the 4 tire decision that erased all the work DJ had done to get to the front. Kenseth's car had puked and DJ could have moved to 8th in the points. OK I'm getting used to the idea of 9th but I dont have to like it!

I didnt want to see him in Victory Lane congratulating Tony, I wanted to see him shaking his own bottle of bubbly!!

I love to see him win the Daytona 500...I am ready for February already!!

Kel

Great season, and right down to the last race for the Champ. It was clearly a season in which not one driver dominated, unless you consider Matt Kenseth's five wins. Of course, not since 1976 has the driver who won the most races, finished so far out of 1st place.

Can't wait to see what happens next year! Who's driving for who and all the silly stuff start again:) These next three months are going to go awful slow for this fan. Glad to see DJ congrat Tony on his win, DJ will come back next year for his turn:)

My favorite moments/thoughts of the year.

1. Tony winning the title.
2. Johnny finally winning a race.
3. Tony's win at the Glen after hell week.
4. McMurray's victory and interview.
5. Jeffy acting like a human instead of a robot. Don't know if I'll ever be able to say I like him, but I can tolerate him now.

Now if only DJ, Burton, and Kenseth would quit driving Fords:D

Originally posted by mngopherguy

That will only happen in a perfect world! :)

But, heck, they ain't all bad ya know!!:D

Originally posted by racer8
all in all a pretty good year.but I still can't help looking for the black 3:(

Man, I know the feeling......last year and the year before while at California Speedway I was constantly looking for that black car.

But, I think to myself......"Would Dale want his fans to mourn him that long?" Actually, I think he would not want his fans to mourn at all.:)

It has been a pretty good year. I hope RC can get his teams turn around next year. Maybe give Rouch so compition.LOL

Originally posted by mngopherguy
My favorite moments/thoughts of the year.

1. Tony winning the title.
2. Johnny finally winning a race.
3. Tony's win at the Glen after hell week.
4. McMurray's victory and interview.
5. Jeffy acting like a human instead of a robot.  Don't know if I'll ever be able to say I like him, but I can tolerate him now.

I'm started to tolerate Gordon a little bit more now too. Still hasn't cracked my top 10 of favorite drivers though.

Oh, about the Fords...ah nevermind...

Originally posted by Gollum
It has been a pretty good year. I hope RC can get his teams turn around next year. Maybe give Rouch so compition.LOL

RCR needs to ditch a couple drivers before that will happen. Not Happy (Harvick), though!:)

This was my first yr back to watching nascar after a long time off from it. I think I picked a heckuva yr to come back to watching it. Some drivers that I never really paid attention to in the past really got my attention this yr...... I've kinda jumped on the DJ bandwagon. I really, really like him, and I too can at least tolerate the rainbow warrior now. As much as I'm looking forward to next season, I'm glad for the break. Three more episodes on the Sopranos and I'll have my Sundays free again for a short while.

:p

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
RCR needs to ditch a couple drivers before that will happen.  Not Happy (Harvick), though!:)

I'd say the only one he needs to get rid of is Gordon.

A great year of racing, I am hoping next year will be even better:)

It was a very good year, no doubt about it. Well, as good as a year can be without Jeff Gordon hoisting another cup anyway. But, it was interesting all year long. No one really seemed to want the championship until Tony made a hard charge toward the end of the season. I'm still not a Tony Stewart fan by any means, but he definitely earned the championship, as well as my respect (as a driver anyway).

Back
Top Bottom