2004 Cup Champion

R

rajflyboy

Matt basically wrapped up the Championship yesterday! He has been the most consistent driver all year and he will win the title! He is a great guy and deserves this championship along with Jack Roush!

I look for Matt to win a few more of these things too!!!!

OOPS .............. I guess its actually the 2003 Championship!

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 12:18 PM
OOPS .............. I guess its actually the 2003 Championship!
Nothing wrong with two in a row! ;)

This is from one of my racing e-mails. Matt needs to finish 21st or better the last three races & nothing Dale Jr. can do to catch him. He can clinch next week, but it looks like he would have to win & lead the most laps & the four drivers behind him would have to finish 35th or worse. I didn't do the math, that's just a rough guess because to have a 370 point lead on 2nd place...he would need to gain 112 points.

Driver Name Total
-------------------- ------
1 Kenseth Matt 4678
2 Earnhardt Dale Jr 4420 +1 MAGIC NUMBER = 21
3 Harvick Kevin 4416 -1 = 21
4 Johnson Jimmie 4412 +1 = 22
5 Gordon Jeff 4382 +1 = 25

6 Newman Ryan 4329 -2
7 Stewart Tony 4151

Matt needs a lead of 370 to be crowned Champion next week (unlikely)...a lead of 302 (only 45 more than he has now) would give him a clinch just by starting the final two events.

Don't think he'll be the champion next year, if Newman has anything to do with it.

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Oct 28 2003, 01:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Oct 28 2003, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 12:18 PM
OOPS&nbsp; ..............&nbsp; I guess its actually the 2003 Championship!
Nothing wrong with two in a row! ;) [/b][/quote]
I think jr. will have some say in that

I think it is a lot more interesting when the last few races actually mean something for the Championship race. At least there is still a race for 2-5.

Jr win a Cup Championship????? What are you smoking? LOL

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 04:40 PM
Jr win a Cup Championship????? What are you smoking? LOL
Guess what? I don't smoke, so I guess my prediction is true

Jr still has a couple racetracks to learn before he can win a title.

The Roadies and Bristol for starters!

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 04:15 PM

What are you smoking flyboy? :huh:

Dale Jr Bristol results

2002 Food City 500 4th
2002 Sharpie 500 3rd
2003 Food City 500 16th
2003 Sharpie 500 9th

average finish 8th not bad a Bristol

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 04:15 PM

Kenseth didn't excactly blow away Jr on the roadies either. Just 4 races out of 36. The key to the championship is DNF's. Plus it is no fluke to finish 2nd or 3rd in the championship race. I also believe he has sat at the head table before. Not a big jump to finish #1.

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Oct 28 2003, 03:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Oct 28 2003, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 04:40 PM
Jr win a Cup Championship?????&nbsp; What are you smoking?&nbsp; LOL
Guess what? I don't smoke, so I guess my prediction is true [/b][/quote]
Something makes me think you made this same perdiction at the beginning of this season. I suppose you will keep doing this until he wins it eh? ;)

Hollum has it right its either going to be Jr. Newman or Harvick. But don't count out Tony Stewart he may win number 2 next year.

Guys, flyboy is a troll for a long time past...he's been banned from several boards including this one.....twice.

Don't humor him.

I thought I remembered a flyboy getting banned. But I didn't know if this one was one in the same. He sort of sounded like it. :D

Originally posted by N2racin88+Oct 28 2003, 06:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Oct 28 2003, 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -steveluvs3@Oct 28 2003, 03:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--rajflyboy
@Oct 28 2003, 04:40 PM
Jr win a Cup Championship?????  What are you smoking?  LOL

Guess what? I don't smoke, so I guess my prediction is true
Something makes me think you made this same perdiction at the beginning of this season. I suppose you will keep doing this until he wins it eh? ;) [/b][/quote]
yep, every year until he wins it, and I'm sure you feel the same about DJ :p

Originally posted by Gollum@Oct 28 2003, 06:30 PM
Jr, Newman and Harvick all three will win championships.
I have to agree but as long as harvick can control his temper and not lose his cool he'll win one.

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 05:15 PM

every driver has their bad tracks but bristol ain't one of them and he anit to bad at road courses not great but not bad. He's had a good year, same thing next year and about 3-4 more wins, a few more top 5's and whamo, you got you 1st. Nextel champ.

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Oct 28 2003, 07:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Oct 28 2003, 07:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rajflyboy@Oct 28 2003, 05:15 PM
Jr still has a couple racetracks to learn before he can win a title.&nbsp;

every driver has their bad tracks but bristol ain't one of them and he anit to bad at road courses not great but not bad. He's had a good year, same thing next year and about 3-4 more wins, a few more top 5's and whamo, you got you 1st. Nextel champ. [/b][/quote]
Problem with your theory is that it applies to 10 drivers easily. Competition is stiff and with the changes being made for next year its anybodys title IMO.

The drivers that win titles are typically and most always good at all types of tracks!! Very few can win the cup title without doing well at specialty tracks like the roadies, Bristol and the restrictor plate tracks!

Originally posted by N2racin88@Oct 28 2003, 10:01 PM

Problem with your theory is that it applies to 10 drivers easily. Competition is stiff and with the changes being made for next year its anybodys title IMO.
[/quote]
Couldn't agree more. Maybe even more than 10 drivers. Just a matter of it all coming together.

And I love it when a plan comes together.

Originally posted by N2racin88+Oct 28 2003, 11:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Oct 28 2003, 11:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -steveluvs3@Oct 28 2003, 07:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--rajflyboy
@Oct 28 2003, 05:15 PM

every driver has their bad tracks but bristol ain't one of them and he anit to bad at road courses not great but not bad. He's had a good year, same thing next year and about 3-4 more wins, a few more top 5's and whamo, you got you 1st. Nextel champ.
Problem with your theory is that it applies to 10 drivers easily. Competition is stiff and with the changes being made for next year its anybodys title IMO. [/b][/quote]
that is very true, plus you gotta watch out for those season vets, with the softer tire coming in it's will be a interesting year.

Back
Top Bottom