2009 IndyCar Silly Season

D

DanicaFan

I thought I had one of these threads already but I dont..:confused:

So here is the official 2009 silly season for IndyCar..

First post is a list of teams and drivers. Most of these are confirmed. Some are not and are noted by quotation marks. This list will change quite often as time goes on and different moves progress.

Here is the list of teams and drivers for 2009....

Andretti Green Racing

#7 Danica Patrick
#11 Tony Kanaan
#26 Marco Andretti
#27 Hideki Mutoh

Target Chip Ganassi Racing

#9 Scott Dixon
#10 Dario Franchitti

Team Penske

#3 Will Power (substitute) ?
#6 Ryan Briscoe

Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing

#02 Justin Wilson ?
#06 Graham Rahal

Vision Racing

#2 AJ Foyt IV ?
#20 Ed Carpenter

KV Racing Technology

#5 Oriol Servia
#8 ? Mario Moraes

Panther Racing

#4 Dan Wheldon

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

#15 Buddy Rice
#23 Milka Duno / Townsend Bell (Alternating Races)

Rahal Letterman Racing

#17 Ryan Hunter-Reay ?

AJ Foyt Enterprises

#14 Vitor Meira

Dale Coyne Racing

#18 Bruno Junqueira

Conquest Racing

#34 Jaime Camara
#36 Alex Tagliani

HVM Racing

#33 EJ Viso
2nd Car -TBA - Possibly Robert Doornbos ?

Luczo Dragon Racing

#12 Raphael Matos

CURB/Agaganian/3G Racing

#98 or #99 ? Stanton Barrett

Roth Racing

Team Most Likely Shut Down

Sarah Fisher Racing

#67 Sarah Fisher ( Partial Schedule)

Pacific Coast Motorsports

#96 Mario Dominguez ?

Well, here is some latest news coming out of Indy this weekend...

Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing is rumored to have signed Robert Doornbos and trying to get a sponsor for a 3rd car and sign Sebastien Bourdais. They currently have Graham Rahal as well.

My Take On this..

Bad Moves. I know Doornbos is bringing sponsorship with him, so that would be the only reason why NHL would be signing him over Justin Wilson. And then having them try to pick up Bourdais over Wilson doesnt make sense either.

Justin Wilson is a proven driver. He improved greatly the 2nd half of the season. Nothing against Doornbos and Bourdais, but these will be rookies coming into the IRL and especially on the ovals. Justin will fare out better than both of these 2 will if these moves happen.
And Doornbos was practically signed with HVM Racing, so Im not sure what happened there.

The other rumor mill is that KV Racing is picking up Mario Moraes. Their other driver is Oriol Servia.

My Take On This...

Another bad move. Why they wouldnt keep Will Power instead of picking up Mario is unclear to me. I think Will is a better driver.

The other rumor is that Team Penske may announce a replacement for Helio Castroneves as early as this week.

My Take On This..

I hope not but I may have to face the facts that he may not race next year.

And last rumor...The Philippe family has purchased Marty Roth's equipment and will run sons Nelson and Richard as "Team France" in the 2009 season.

My Take On This

Good news. It's always good to see more teams and drivers. Hopefully they can be somewhat competitive if this move is true.

Well, here is some latest news coming out of Indy this weekend...

Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing is rumored to have signed Robert Doornbos and trying to get a sponsor for a 3rd car and sign Sebastien Bourdais. They currently have Graham Rahal as well.

My Take On this..

Bad Moves. I know Doornbos is bringing sponsorship with him, so that would be the only reason why NHL would be signing him over Justin Wilson. And then having them try to pick up Bourdais over Wilson doesnt make sense either.

Justin Wilson is a proven driver. He improved greatly the 2nd half of the season. Nothing against Doornbos and Bourdais, but these will be rookies coming into the IRL and especially on the ovals. Justin will fare out better than both of these 2 will if these moves happen.
And Doornbos was practically signed with HVM Racing, so Im not sure what happened there.

The other rumor mill is that KV Racing is picking up Mario Moraes. Their other driver is Oriol Servia.

My Take On This...

Another bad move. Why they wouldnt keep Will Power instead of picking up Mario is unclear to me. I think Will is a better driver.

The other rumor is that Team Penske may announce a replacement for Helio Castroneves as early as this week.

My Take On This..

I hope not but I may have to face the facts that he may not race next year.

And last rumor...The Philippe family has purchased Marty Roth's equipment and will run sons Nelson and Richard as "Team France" in the 2009 season.

My Take On This

Good news. It's always good to see more teams and drivers. Hopefully they can be somewhat competitive if this move is true.

As they say this changes everything

I like Dornbos but as you said Wilson has the experiance, but i would love to see Bourdais back.

As for Moraes he is only 20 years old so he has a long career ahead but i liked Power and it will be hard to see him go.

Its down to Power, Wilson, Hunter reay. One will get the job of there career the other two may not have a career after.

Philipe team i think is a good idea. Instead of seeing Marty Roth race Milka Duno to see whos worse i think he can be somewhat competable.

As for HVM they already said a 2nd team is coming. Since they did not sign Dornbos im still hoping that team is coming.

Dale Coyone Racing? Whats going on there? They had both Vruno and Moreas. Moreas is gone to KV and Bruno had alot of bad words for the team. Im hoping they could have atleast one team next year.

Conquest racing? What happend to Bernoldi and Camara even though i wont miss them i would like to see those 2 cars out there.

Finally no one has said squat about Manning, or Perara. I like both of them but not one word.

Conquest Racing is still there. They currently have Jaime Camara and Alex Tagliani. Tagliani replaced Bernoldi at the end of last year.

Yes, Marty Roth is done and I wish Milka Duno was done too. It will be nice to see 2 more full-time drivers with the Phillipe team coming in but I honestly dont think they will be too competitive, especially this first year. Be some field fillers for awhile Im sure.;)

As for Darren Manning, nothing has come out since he was replaced.

The move of Mario Moraes is official. He is now signed with KV Racing.

It appears now that Will Power will be replacing Helio Castroneves during Helio's trial. It's unclear for how long but Power will stay in the car until a resolution is made.

Good luck to Will. I am shocked that Power got the ride over Justin Wilson or Ryan Hunter-Reay.

Bourdais is getting screwed at Red Bull. He keeps asking them to make a decision on his ride, and they just seem to be content letting him flap in the wind.
He was lined up to get that ride at Penske, but now it doesn't look good.

Yeah, I dont like it when teams screw with the drivers like that. But I think Justin Wilson or Ryan Hunter-Reay would of been thier next choice after Will Power.

Dreyer & Reinbold announced they have confirmed Mike Conway as thier first driver for the IndyCar Series this year.

Mike raced in GP2 and was for Honda in F1.

Im not to sure about this move. There are much better drivers with more experience out there. I see another back marker for them this year.

Dreyer & Reinbold announced they have confirmed Mike Conway as thier first driver for the IndyCar Series this year.

Mike raced in GP2 and was for Honda in F1.

Im not to sure about this move. There are much better drivers with more experience out there. I see another back marker for them this year.

What a huge disapointment. This is why indycar series loses so bad in the ratings compared to nascar. Indycar series seems to get a whole new set of drivers each year leaving former race winners and champions out of the series. The only thing i can hope is that if he drives for Dreyor Rienbolt maybe that means they will get rid of milk dud.

What a huge disapointment. This is why indycar series loses so bad in the ratings compared to nascar. Indycar series seems to get a whole new set of drivers each year leaving former race winners and champions out of the series. The only thing i can hope is that if he drives for Dreyor Rienbolt maybe that means they will get rid of milk dud.

Yeah, Im hoping they drop her but the buzz out of the team, she is still in contention for at least a part-time ride from them. That is just nuts.

Good for Bourdais

This doesn't exactly belong here, but it does relate to Indy car,

Bourdais to secure second Toro Rosso seat
Decision has been made according to reports
22/01/09 16:29

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090122162902.shtml

F1-Live.com

No public confirmation yet regarding Bourdais
Reports in the Swiss and French press on Thursday suggest Sebastien Bourdais will shortly be confirmed as Toro Rosso's second race driver for the 2009 season.

The 29-year-old Frenchman raced with the Faenza-based team last year, but so far only the Swiss rookie Sebastien Buemi has been confirmed for the forthcoming season.

2009 would therefore be Bourdais' second season in Formula One, following his mixed debut when he finished the 2008 championship with just four points compared with his Red Bull-bound teammate Sebastian Vettel's 35.

It is reported by the Swiss magazine Speedweek, with close links to the team's owner Red Bull, that Toro Rosso selected Bourdais over the other candidate for the seat, Takuma Sato.

The French website sport24.
com speculated that Sato's expected personal sponsorship may have dwindled as the Japanese recession worsens.

Bourdais' manager Nicolas Todt would not confirm the news but insisted that "we are always in negotiations."

Moreover, the official website of the Ferrari-powered team is now showing Bourdais and Buemi as the drivers in the 'team' section.

Yeah, I just saw that. Im kind of disappointed. I was hoping for him to come to the IRL.

Yea I know what you mean....

But I'm glad he got another crack at F-1.....just seemed like he had some un-finished business.

Well, it appears that Buddy Rice has signed on with Rubicon/Pacific Coast Motorsports for the 2009 IRL season. For those that didnt know, Pacific Coast Motorsports merged with Rubicon recently. Last year Pacific Coast Motorsports ran a partial season with Mario Dominguez behind the wheel. They didnt have a whole lot of success. They recently acquired a 20,000 square foot facility in Indianapolis, Indiana where they are headquartered. They have not resigned Mario this year.

I wish Buddy Rice well here and I hope to see him as a front runner this year.

Back
Top Bottom