2010 Indianapolis 500

Do not google pictures of Ana Beatriz. What you will get is one hot woman from Brazil and while the racing Ana is also from Brazil, what you see is not her. You have to google further to find her real complete name and then you can see her in her racing gear. Though she is a nice looking girl, she is not the model that Beatriz is. Simona De Silvestro is also a nice looking girl too and they both qualified faster than Danica. And let's not forget Sarah Fisher who also qualified for the race. I do believe this is a record for the number of women making the field. Now let's see how well they do and if one of them other than Danica will get any camera time. Should be interesting from that point of view.

I just can't believe all four of them out qualified Tony Kanaan. :eek:

I have been at the All-Star race all weekend. I heard a rumor over there that Danica got booed at Indy. Is that true or just a rumor?

It's true. A fellow I know was at Indy over the weekend and posted on his Facebook page that she got booed.

The Indy 500 keeps sliding down the ladder of importance in sports. There was very little coverage of qualifying during the weekend outside of the ABC/ESPN family.

I didn't realize qualifying was shown on Versus. Talk about confusing people with that decision.

Danica is fricking clueless. According to Marion County news 8 she stated that (over the PA mind you) that the Andretti car she was driving was the "worst car I've ever had."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP2aoPmHwic

Later she said that, "I wish it would just be over with now."

Here's a point Jim Rome made today...How about a quarter back saying that his entire front line is the worst front line he's ever played behind? How would that be for team chemistry? And to show that Danica completely does not get it she goes on to say, "I say one confident thing out there, that it's not me, and everybody boos me,"

Uhh...really?

This proves that she is hands down the most clueless and self-serving mid-pack driver in the history of the IRL. Those comments are ignorant and reprehensible. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall of Andretti's RV (or whatever he hangs out in at Indy) out there. If this doesn't make Michael stroke out nothing will. She has the job and money most of us here would give our left arm for and she has the nerve to bemoan a team working their a$$ off for her and trying to make it fast and then she wonders why the crowd boos her. Does she have more than 2 brain cells to rub together?!

Some of y'all kill me. You act as though no driver, ever in the history of motorsports, has ever said the car was bad, has ever got out of the car agrivated, and said anything remotely like she did. Seriously!

Aside from that, how many Andretti cars ran well. Hell, Tony Kanaan wrecked two of them, and barely made the race. Maybe it's about time someone "threw them under the bus" as everyone seems to be putting it, because the team as a whole needs to get their sh*t together, because they really suck right now.

Some of y'all kill me. You act as though no driver, ever in the history of motorsports, has ever said the car was bad, has ever got out of the car agrivated, and said anything remotely like she did. Seriously!

Aside from that, how many Andretti cars ran well. Hell, Tony Kanaan wrecked two of them, and barely made the race. Maybe it's about time someone "threw them under the bus" as everyone seems to be putting it, because the team as a whole needs to get their sh*t together, because they really suck right now.

Drivers get out of cars all the time and say they arent good, but ive never heard a driver say "its not my fault, its the car". It certainly is partially her fault, doesnt she have to give feedback to the team? Maybe if she had won a few races her argument would have some validity.

She deserves what she gets for saying that, IMO thats worse that Kyle Busch winning a race at Hendrick and getting out of the car and saying the car sucked.

Does that make it right? Or smart?

Actually, I can't remember the last time I remember an open wheel driver doing that. Can someone give an example? The closest thing I remember is Kurt Busch (I think) trashing the COT a while back when they were doing those COT tryout races a while back but that had nothing to do with his team.

Here's a point Jim Rome made today..
Rome! This guy is nothing but an idiot with a "clone" following. He doesn't know much about motorsports either. If it doesn't have a ball, it doesn't matter to him. His opinions are worthless, and that includes the stick and ball sports.

Rome! This guy is nothing but an idiot with a "clone" following. He doesn't know much about motorsports either. If it doesn't have a ball, it doesn't matter to him. His opinions are worthless, and that includes the stick and ball sports.

Absolutley 100% correct. I am not backing Danica, but you just nailed it on the head concerning Rome.

Absolutley 100% correct. I am not backing Danica, but you just nailed it on the head concerning Rome.
I didn't think anyone would agree with me on this. Maybe we should start a "Smack down on the Rome". LOL

But seriously, Jim Rome has a following and it's got to be huge or he wouldn't be as big as he is. My thoughts on him is that he is popular with the 18 to 30 set and it's clear that he wants to appear that he's in the hip hop generation. I've tried and tried to listen to him, but his monotone voice and his constantly calling his fans "clones" just drives me up the wall. Rome and Cowherd are two of the same and their shows are much the same, just one voice going on and on. I much prefer shows such as Dan Patrick where there is banter between more than one person. Here in the south (Carolinas) we get Prime Time with the Packman (Mark Packer) in Charlotte. If you've never had the privilege of hearing this show, you are missing a lot of fun. There is a reason that the Mike and Mike show is as popular as it is in the morning. Just wish I could get them again on the radio.

What are the odds on Danica winning the 500 anyway? On the other hand, who would bet against Helio??

Congratulations to Dario Franchitti for the win.

Great job by Danica for finishing 5th!

Here are your final results..

1. #10 Dario Franchitti
2. #4 Dan Wheldon
3. #19 Alex Lloyd
4. #9 Scott Dixon
5. #7 Danica Patrick
6. #26 Marco Andretti
7. #22 Justin Wilson
8. #12 Will Power
9. #3 Helio Castroneves
10. #77 Alex Tagliani
11. #11 Tony Kanaan
12. #30 Graham Rahal
13. #78 Simona De Silvestro
14. #34 Mario Romancini
15. #23 Tomas Scheckter
16. #99 Townsend Bell
17. #20 Ed Carpenter
18. #37 Ryan Hunter-Reay
19. #24 Mike Conway
20. #5 Takuma Sato
21. #25 Ana Beatriz
22. #36 Bertrand Baguette
23. #29 Sebastian Saavedra
24. #6 Ryan Briscoe
25. #8 EJ Viso
26. #67 Sarah Fisher
27. #14 Vitor Meira
28. #06 Hideki Mutoh
29. #2 Raphael Matos
30. #43 John Andretti
31. #32 Mario Moraes
32. #33 Bruno Junqueira
33. #21 Davey Hamilton

Congratulations to Dario Franchitti for winning his 2nd Indy 500. Also wish for a full recovery for Mike Conway I just heard he suffered a broken leg after that big crash.

On Windtunnel tonight they announced that they re-scored the race later and Marco is scored in 3rd place, due to several cars passing on the yellow. So how does this place the field now?

On Windtunnel tonight they announced that they re-scored the race later and Marco is scored in 3rd place, due to several cars passing on the yellow. So how does this place the field now?

3rd,4th, and 5th move down to 4th,5th and 6th.

Greatest spactacle in racing????? Highly unlikely.
Hope Conway is OK.

TONS of empty seats too........I recorded it and watched it today....I'm glad nascar doesn't do restarts like that.

Well that was my one indy car race for the year

TONS of empty seats too........I recorded it and watched it today....I'm glad nascar doesn't do restarts like that.

Well that was my one indy car race for the year
Sucks for you. You picked the most boring race in IndyCar to watch. Chicago, Texas and Kentucky are the good IRL races.

Back
Top Bottom