2012 ARCA Racing Series Schedule

toledo47

Team Owner
The schedule is slowly being released. Probably wont have the full schedule until the banquet in December. Here is what is out there so far. I'll update as more are confirmed.

February 18 - Daytona International Speedway
March 10 - Mobile International Speedway
May 4 - Talladega Superspeedway
June 9 - Pocono Raceway
June 15 - Michigan International Speedway
July 1 - New Jersey Motorsports Park
July 13 - Iowa Speedway
July 21 - Chicagoland Speedway
August 4 - Pocono Raceway
August 11 - Berlin Raceway
August 19 - Illinois State Fairgrounds
September 3 - DuQuoin State Fairgrounds
October 19 - Kansas Speedway (2012 Finale)

Salem is confirmed for April 29 and September 15. No surprise there. Cant update the first post from my phone, i'll add those to it later.

They've announced Winchester for June 24 and Madison for August 26. So thats 17 confirmed so far. Toledo Speedway will almost certainly have 2 races. So that would equal the 19 from 2011. Indianapolis almost certainly wont be back. We'll see if they have any surprises added to the schedule or if just Toledo needs to be announced. I bet it will be an even 20 for 2012.

Schedule is out. Indianapolis is back! Elko Speedway, MN is a new addition. Toledo is cut from 2 races to 1. 20 race schedule. I like it.

Saturday, February 18 - Daytona International Speedway

Saturday, March 10 - Mobile International Speedway

Sunday, April 29 - Salem Speedway

Friday, May 4 - Talladega Superspeedway

Sunday, May 20 - Toledo Speedway

Saturday, June 2 - Elko Speedway

Saturday, June 9 - Pocono Raceway

Friday, June 15 - Michigan International Speedway

Sunday, June 24 - Winchester Speedway

Sunday, July 1 - New Jersey Motorsports Park

Friday, July 13 - Iowa Speedway

Saturday, July 21 - Chicagoland Speedway

To be determined - Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis

Saturday, August 4 - Pocono Raceway

Saturday, August 11 - Berlin Raceway

Sunday, August 19 - Illinois State Fairgrounds

Sunday, August 26 - Madison International Speedway

Monday, September 3 - DuQuoin State Fairgrounds

Saturday, September 15 - Salem Speedway

Friday, October 19 - Kansas Speedway

Saturday, February 18 - Daytona International Speedway

Friday, May 4 - Talladega Superspeedway

Sunday, May 20 - Toledo Speedway

Saturday, June 9 - Pocono Raceway

Friday, June 15 - Michigan International Speedway

Friday, July 13 - Iowa Speedway

Saturday, July 21 - Chicagoland Speedway

To be determined - Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis

Saturday, August 4 - Pocono Raceway

Friday, October 19 - Kansas Speedway

They need to fill the gaping holes.

i didnt think it was so bad for the 2012 schedule. Better than most of the recent ARCA schedules.

We'll see what happens when the TV schedule is released -- unless SPEED pulls their heads out of their asses and airs the entire season, it looks like there will be three months between the first and second broadcast and two months between the final broadcasts. I think ARCA should really try to get the whole thing televised. Realistically, the ARCA races are some of SPEED's highest rated telecasts. They average some 500,000 viewers in the money demo, ratings are up every year on a network that struggles to get 100,000 viewers for anything non-NASCAR related program.

We'll see what happens when the TV schedule is released -- unless SPEED pulls their heads out of their asses and airs the entire season, it looks like there will be three months between the first and second broadcast and two months between the final broadcasts. I think ARCA should really try to get the whole thing televised. Realistically, the ARCA races are some of SPEED's highest rated telecasts. They average some 500,000 viewers in the money demo, ratings are up every year on a network that struggles to get 100,000 viewers for anything non-NASCAR related program.

Yeah Speed should air ALL the races. They don't have to air them live or anything but they should all be on TV. I guess they don't wanna stop of the endless lame shows on SPEED to show any actual racing.

Yeah Speed should air ALL the races. They don't have to air them live or anything but they should all be on TV. I guess they don't wanna stop of the endless lame shows on SPEED to show any actual racing.

SPEED has to air a minimum of ten races. Eight of them are a given. LOR is an unknown, since there are no Trucks and all the big races are at the big track and on ESPN, SPEED might elect not to air it.

Toledo and New Jersey are the only other realistic options. SPEED used to air Toledo every year. SPEED has aired numerous races from New Jersey and the 2008 ARCA race at NJMP was on MASN.

I still think ARCA should've dumped SPEED and followed IndyCar over to NBC Sports Network.

We'll see what happens when the TV schedule is released -- unless SPEED pulls their heads out of their asses and airs the entire season, it looks like there will be three months between the first and second broadcast and two months between the final broadcasts.

Well i guess you are just considering the TV Schedule then yeah the gaps suck. But if you just consider the schedule for what it is and not what is or isnt on tv i think its pretty good. Obviously ARCA would like to have all of their races on tv but it takes money. Menards is just a Presenting sponsor, they have not even had a primary sponsor for a few seasons now. Anyway, I wouldnt be shocked to see any of the 3 races with heavy Menards involvement make it on TV. Toledo Speedway's race has been the Menards 200 for a few years. Lucas Oil Raceway's event was the Ansell 200 (Heavy Menards involvement in that event). Madison's race was the Herr's 200 (Menards was heavily involved in that event too, and its Menards home state). I was at all 3 of those events this year and Menards was highly present at those 3 races. If Menards has a lot of say in which races go on TV then i wouldnt be surprised to see those on. And dont assume some of the ones during NASCAR weekends are a lock to be on TV. Over the past few years there has been a race at Nashville (which ran on the same day as the Busch series race) that was not on tv. There was also a race at Pocono in 2008 that was not on tv too. Anyway, it will be released at the banquet in a couple of weeks.

Well i guess you are just considering the TV Schedule then yeah the gaps suck. But if you just consider the schedule for what it is and not what is or isnt on tv i think its pretty good. Obviously ARCA would like to have all of their races on tv but it takes money. Menards is just a Presenting sponsor, they have not even had a primary sponsor for a few seasons now. Anyway, I wouldnt be shocked to see any of the 3 races with heavy Menards involvement make it on TV. Toledo Speedway's race has been the Menards 200 for a few years. Lucas Oil Raceway's event was the Ansell 200 (Heavy Menards involvement in that event). Madison's race was the Herr's 200 (Menards was heavily involved in that event too, and its Menards home state). I was at all 3 of those events this year and Menards was highly present at those 3 races. If Menards has a lot of say in which races go on TV then i wouldnt be surprised to see those on. And dont assume some of the ones during NASCAR weekends are a lock to be on TV. Over the past few years there has been a race at Nashville (which ran on the same day as the Busch series race) that was not on tv. There was also a race at Pocono in 2008 that was not on tv too. Anyway, it will be released at the banquet in a couple of weeks.

Doesn't matter what races are on the schedule if one can't see them. I'd like to see all the races.

The addition of Elko Speedway was weird, but a good one to bring big league racing to Minneapolis. That's one race I'd like to see.

Doesn't matter what races are on the schedule if one can't see them. I'd like to see all the races.

The addition of Elko Speedway was weird, but a good one to bring big league racing to Minneapolis. That's one race I'd like to see.

Still interesting to follow even if you cant watch on tv. Although i usually make it out to most of the untelevised ARCA races. I think the only one i missed this year was DuQuoin. Elko was an interesting addition, although they arent completely new to big league racing. They had a K&N Pro Series race a few years ago (i'm thinking 2008?). It was while the series was called the NASCAR Camping World Series. It was an East/West combination race (like the have at Iowa every year).

Still interesting to follow even if you cant watch on tv. Although i usually make it out to most of the untelevised ARCA races. I think the only one i missed this year was DuQuoin. Elko was an interesting addition, although they arent completely new to big league racing. They had a K&N Pro Series race a few years ago (i'm thinking 2008?). It was while the series was called the NASCAR Camping World Series. It was an East/West combination race (like the have at Iowa every year).

ARCA makes it impossible to follow. Their postrace recaps are nothing more than just quotes from the top three finishers, only a handful of races are carried on their online radio platform, their timing and scoring is jacked up 90% of the time, they don't use social media at all because they're trying to force everyone on a dead ARCA Nation platform, and they only release video highlights to the media on the condition that those videos aren't published for the public to see.

I mean, it's great that you can make it to most of the races -- but tell me how anyone is supposed to follow ARCA? They had a great season in 2008 and had a lot of momentum. The streaming video in 2009 was awesome, and then they had the Danicatona 200 in 2010. ARCA dropped the ball right after that. Even worse is that they have locked themselves in to exclusive contracts with a broadcast partner that doesn't give a ****, SPEED does not give a **** about ARCA. They care about the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Formula One, anything with two wheels and lame tuner shows that nobody watches.

The past two seasons, it's gotten very hard to follow ARCA even for someone like me who's a hardcore fan of the series. Half the races I don't even know about anymore because it doesn't show up on my radar. Any race that is televised that I try to watch comes on at like 11pm because SPEED can't interrupt their 20 consecutive hours of NASCAR pre-race garbage to show an ARCA race. By the time they do show it, the results are known. Even their "LIVE" broadcasts are on two hour delays.

I'm sorry to say it like this, but unless you live in the midwest where ARCA is prevalent or go to all the races, it's actually very difficult to follow the series.

As bad as ARCAs coverage may be, they do have stuff like live timing and scoring. It might not be great, but its better than what CRA or PASS or UARA has. Speed is available in more households than Versus, that might be a very important factor to the big sponsors like menards. Being in the midwest isnt really a help except that most of the races arent a huge drive. Most fans arent willing to travel more than an hour to the races anyway. Its not like ARCA gets better media coverage in the midwest. Maybe the Toledo Blade will post an article the 2 times a year ARCA comes to their track (im sure its the same with all of the big papers near any of the tracks). Other than that its just the same internet coverage that everyone outside of the midwest gets. ARCA's coverage may not be great but its better than most stock car series below the top 3 NASCAR Series gets. K&N May have all of their races on tv with the 1 hour tape delayed shows, but when its on a Thursday at 2pm does anyone really watch? ARCA has much more watched coverage than that. When i talk to fans at a big NASCAR race or a race in Canada everyone knows about ARCA. Most of them are unaware that the K&N Series even exists. ARCA would just lose most of their audience if they switch to versus.

As bad as ARCAs coverage may be, they do have stuff like live timing and scoring. It might not be great, but its better than what CRA or PASS or UARA has. Speed is available in more households than Versus, that might be a very important factor to the big sponsors like menards. Being in the midwest isnt really a help except that most of the races arent a huge drive. Most fans arent willing to travel more than an hour to the races anyway. Its not like ARCA gets better media coverage in the midwest. Maybe the Toledo Blade will post an article the 2 times a year ARCA comes to their track (im sure its the same with all of the big papers near any of the tracks). Other than that its just the same internet coverage that everyone outside of the midwest gets. ARCA's coverage may not be great but its better than most stock car series below the top 3 NASCAR Series gets. K&N May have all of their races on tv with the 1 hour tape delayed shows, but when its on a Thursday at 2pm does anyone really watch? ARCA has much more watched coverage than that. When i talk to fans at a big NASCAR race or a race in Canada everyone knows about ARCA. Most of them are unaware that the K&N Series even exists. ARCA would just lose most of their audience if they switch to versus.

CRA is usually covered by Speed51 online, UARA is usually covered by us on Twitter or RACE22.com. The CoverItLive platforms Speed51 and RACE22 use are far and above what ARCA uses. The timing and scoring is nice, but I enjoy Speed51/RACE22's platforms much better because they can actually tell you what's going on.

Oh, and nobody outside North Carolina cares about UARA. I work for RACE22 and I cover a lot of big late model races, I'm good friends with a few of the UARA drivers and I don't even care about UARA.

Oh, and nobody outside North Carolina cares about UARA. I work for RACE22 and I cover a lot of big late model races, I'm good friends with a few of the UARA drivers and I don't even care about UARA.

I dont know anything about UARA other than Darrell Wallace Jr used to run in that and i know George Miedecke runs in it and im familiar with him from V8 Fujitsu Develpment series or V8 Utes from a few years ago. I thought its one of the bigger late model series but i dont follow paved late model racing. All I know of is CRA, PASS and UARA. I followed the ASA late models somewhat until it died.

I dont know anything about UARA other than Darrell Wallace Jr used to run in that and i know George Miedecke runs in it and im familiar with him from V8 Fujitsu Develpment series or V8 Utes from a few years ago. I thought its one of the bigger late model series but i dont follow paved late model racing. All I know of is CRA, PASS and UARA. I followed the ASA late models somewhat until it died.

If you asked me about UARA, I'd tell you that I know Paddy Rodenbeck finished second at Rockingham. That's it.

Ask me about SoBo or Motor Mile and I can tell you more.

If you asked me about UARA, I'd tell you that I know Paddy Rodenbeck finished second at Rockingham. That's it.

Ask me about SoBo or Motor Mile and I can tell you more.

Don't know about South Bostons local stuff except Peyton Sellers, who i used to see in some K&N races runs there now. I Did see Motor Miles local late models, they have really good fields. I've seen Frank Deiny, Ryan Truex, and some other big names run there after Hooters Pro Cup Series races. The races were actually pretty boring IMO, not much happened, just follow the leader. But they had good fields and they were not wreckfests like most local late model races i've been to. South Boston never seems to put any local stuff with the K&N Pro Series races so i dont know about it.

Don't know about South Bostons local stuff except Peyton Sellers, who i used to see in some K&N races runs there now. I Did see Motor Miles local late models, they have really good fields. I've seen Frank Deiny, Ryan Truex, and some other big names run there after Hooters Pro Cup Series races. The races were actually pretty boring IMO, not much happened, just follow the leader. But they had good fields and they were not wreckfests like most local late model races i've been to. South Boston never seems to put any local stuff with the K&N Pro Series races so i dont know about it.

Philip Morris owns SoBo these days.

I just noticed it doesn't look like South Boston will have a K&N Pro Series East race in 2012. That sucks. Looks like the Whelen Southern Modified Tour will be back(IMO it isnt nearly as good as K&N). K&N and the Modified Tour always ran on the same day in recent years. http://www.southbostonspeedway.com/schedule/index.htm

The ARCA schedule is the one I usually look forward most to being released. They always have new venues and have the most diverse schedule.

I'm thinking about hitting New Jersey again next year. I'm probably going to go to Dover in June as well. Not sure if I'll want to go to NJ since I'll be going to Southern National in North Carolina on a regular basis.

I just noticed it doesn't look like South Boston will have a K&N Pro Series East race in 2012. That sucks. Looks like the Whelen Southern Modified Tour will be back(IMO it isnt nearly as good as K&N). K&N and the Modified Tour always ran on the same day in recent years. http://www.southbostonspeedway.com/schedule/index.htm

I don't like modified racing at all. The cars are badass, but the racing sucks (except for the Bristol race). I've seen them at Langley a couple times, single file all race. Then the real cars get out and put on a show.

The ARCA schedule is the one I usually look forward most to being released. They always have new venues and have the most diverse scheduIle.

I'm thinking about hitting New Jersey again next year. I'm probably going to go to Dover in June as well. Not sure if I'll want to go to NJ since I'll be going to Southern National in North Carolina on a regular basis.

ARCA's schedule is always interesting although K&N has been putting out some great (although way too short) schedules in recent years. I've only made it out to NJ twice although its a really cool event. Not sure what races i'll be checking out yet. I was really weak on seeing Canadian Tire Series events this year (only went to two) so i want to do more of those. Really looking forward to the new K&N east/west schedules now that ARCA and Canadian Tire already have theirs out. Should be another great year of races anyway. I'm familiar with Southern National from the Hooters Pro Cup days although i never went. Doesn't Kirk Leone(former pro cup driver) own it? I thought it closed a few years ago though, i guess they re-opened it.

I don't like modified racing at all. The cars are badass, but the racing sucks (except for the Bristol race). I've seen them at Langley a couple times, single file all race. Then the real cars get out and put on a show.

yeah i agree. I've seen the Whelen Southern Modified Tour a couple of times at South Boston, it was boring single file all race. I've seen local modifieds a few times, usually too many wrecks during the races (and most local races, modifieds or not...). The local modifieds at Bowman Gray after the K&N race were ok, but mostly single file... Only time i bother to watch modified racing is if its there with another big touring race. Best modifieds i probably have seen was the Super DirtCar series at the World of Outlaws World Finals

ARCA's schedule is always interesting although K&N has been putting out some great (although way too short) schedules in recent years. I've only made it out to NJ twice although its a really cool event. Not sure what races i'll be checking out yet. I was really weak on seeing Canadian Tire Series events this year (only went to two) so i want to do more of those. Really looking forward to the new K&N east/west schedules now that ARCA and Canadian Tire already have theirs out. Should be another great year of races anyway. I'm familiar with Southern National from the Hooters Pro Cup days although i never went. Doesn't Kirk Leone(former pro cup driver) own it? I thought it closed a few years ago though, i guess they re-opened it.

Michael Diaz owns Southern National now.

Saturday, February 18 - Daytona International Speedway -- SPEED

Friday, May 4 - Talladega Superspeedway -- SPEED

Sunday, May 20 - Toledo Speedway -- SPEED

Saturday, June 9 - Pocono Raceway -- SPEED

Friday, June 15 - Michigan International Speedway -- SPEED

Friday, July 13 - Iowa Speedway -- SPEED

Saturday, July 21 - Chicagoland Speedway -- SPEED

To be determined - Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis -- SPEED

Saturday, August 4 - Pocono Raceway -- SPEED

Friday, October 19 - Kansas Speedway -- SPEED

^ TV schedule. So, as I suspected, three months between televised races at the start of the season and two months at the end of the season. PRetty much only the NASCAR companion events televised.

SPEED blows.

Back
Top Bottom